The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE English Literature Exams - 20th and 23rd May 2013 *OFFICAL THREAD*

I'm doing Sunlight on the grass short stories, OF Mice and Men, Animal Farm and Macbeth...wbu guys? Any detailed perceptive points you can make for the exam?*
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Im doing moon on the tides anthology, TKAM and Touching the void, haven't started revision yet, but i'm expecting an a grade minimum for the exams, wbu
Reply 2
Anthology cluster - relationships (luckily Mr Bruff has A/A* videos on most of the poems)
Of Mice and Men and Inspector Calls!
OMFG I ABSOLUTELY HATE INSPECTOR CALLS!!! I wanted to do A View From a Bridge -.-
Did A View From a Bridge for a part of my Drama GCSE and the book was absolutely amazing. But Inspector bloody Calls is 80 pages of 1 long conversation in a pitiful setting...
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by cleveradam
Anthology cluster - relationships (luckily Mr Bruff has A/A* videos on most of the poems)
Of Mice and Men and Inspector Calls!
OMFG I ABSOLUTELY HATE INSPECTOR CALLS!!! I wanted to do A View From a Bridge -.-

How can you hate an inspector calls?
Reply 4
Original post by cjslions
How can you hate an inspector calls?

Because I just completed my Drama GCSE and the books/poems and **** we read was so much more interesting and not set in 1 pitiful room... the conversation lasts for bloody 80 pages! Would happily do any other book but this.
Reply 5
Any A/A* grade sample essays for Of mice and Men/Inspector calls and the Conflict cluster for poetry
I am so excited to do these exams!. I have been revising since ages and have so much to write!!
Oh and Im doing the Relationship cluster. I hope THCM comes up
Reply 8
Original post by memoona123456
Oh and Im doing the Relationship cluster. I hope THCM comes up

which one was that?
Reply 9
I am so excited to do these exams!. I have been revising since ages and have so much to write!!

How do you revise for literature?
I simply read my annotations then practice a question, works for me :biggrin:
Moon on the Tides - conflict

Of Mice and Men
An Inspector Calls...

....anyone else? :smile:
Original post by lolface32
How do you revise for literature?
I simply read my annotations then practice a question, works for me :biggrin:

I just write practise essays so I can practise structuring my response. Then I hand them in to my English teacher who marks it and gives me feedback. I also find that background reading sometimes helps. :smile: x
Does anyone have any ideas what could come up for the 'Relationships' cluster. and to Alley Kat 606, yeh I am also doing An Inspector Calls and OFAM :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by Alleykat606
Moon on the Tides - conflict

Of Mice and Men
An Inspector Calls...

....anyone else? :smile:

I am also doing relationships. Do you have any idea what poems may feature?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by BLTontour
I am also doing relationships. Do you have any idea what poems may feature?

Maybe a Sonnet? Quickdraw?
Quickdraw has already been on and so has Sonnet 43. Sonnet 116could come up xx
Reply 16
Quickdraw has already been on and so has Sonnet 43. Sonnet 116could come up xx

What has already came up then?

Reply 17
I've heard people talking about 3 poems that "won't come up" in previous years' threads. Is this just pure speculation or is there a way to find out what poems aren't going to feature?
I'm doing the Character and Voice cluster by the way. Any advice about how to practice comparisons?

Posted from TSR Mobile
When I studied Of Mice and Men for my English Language Controlled Assessment I studied Curley's wife and I have some perceptive points about her that I will post on here - when I find them.

I, also, have an example essay on Curley's Wife, which was awarded 25/30 marks, which I would be more than happy to share with you, if you would like it. Just ask me for it on this thread or through a Private Message. :smile:

Note: it may take awhile for me to send the essay to you as I have to either scan it or type it up. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
What I have heard is that Harmonium , Hour , Quickdraw and Ghazal are a few likely to come up in the higher paper for the relationships cluster by the way I am doing An Inspector Calls and To Kill A Mocking bird does any one know how you could revise for something as long as tkamb

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending