The Student Room Group

b tech science

i want to know what u can become with b tech science level 3
Reply 1
plz help
Reply 2
hi Zahu, can you give a bit more information? ie, what other qualifications are you taking or already hold?
Reply 3
i recvived bs in science and additional science and a c in maths so am not allowed to do bio and chy alevel but i can do b tech i want to become a padiotrist
Reply 4
[
:rolleyes:
Reply 5
Original post by adehaz
i recvived bs in science and additional science and a c in maths so am not allowed to do bio and chy alevel but i can do b tech i want to become a padiotrist

Is that podiatrist, as in foot doctor?

Podiatry degrees usually need at least one science subject. The best universities prefer A levels, but I expect a BTEC in science would count.

I can't be bothered to trawl through every university website for you (I'm sure you can manage that on your own), but The Independent lists a few typical offers:

Southampton: BBB

Glasgow Caledonian: CCD

Huddersfield: 300 UCAS points

New College Durham: 160 UCAS points

That's quite a range, so I'm sure you can find a podiatry degree that will take you.
Reply 6
i have a islamic theolgy degree and i have done urdu as and a2 arabic as and eng as

i am wanting to do b tech sci and phyc
do u think i will be able to do bio if i got bs in science or is it hard
I always thought BTEC science as for people who wanted to be lab technicians or something like that. For what you're looking for i would assume you would need biology or something.

Its possible i am wrong however i think that's where you would start.

Perhaps you should speak to a teacher or tutor or someone who could help maybe setup a retake or two. :smile:

I have a college course book next to me which says if you do level 3 BTEC you can do science as a lab technician or go to university and study medical science or bio medical science so your options are not all closed if you take it.

I'd assume you would want to go to university after right ? ? so you would want to make sure the universities you want to apply for accept BTEC's although most of them do they can be picky as they tend to prefer A-levels.

I hope what i typed has been useful its all in a college book thingy so it should be but personally for science i would highly recommend you do A-levels.

Whatever the outcome i hope you choose the course that suits you :smile:
Can i ask how come you cant do A-level biology anyway i thought those grades would have been good enough.
Reply 9
its becz i got a c in maths and they want a b but if i do phcolgy and sociolgy with b tech science waht can i become

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending