Reply 240
English lit x2
Geography
French x2
Statistics
Food tech
Business
and maybe english language

atm I'm writing notes for geography, and doing a lot of past papers for french, but not much for other subjects lol
Original post by Flo_97
Hi i am the same board as you for Spanish and English Language how are you revising for them?

For French I've just been doing past papers, reading French news online, reading French magazines - basically everything French! I'm also going over vocab and grammar etc.

For English I've been looking at a lot of mark schemes, I'm actually retaking the paper and I've done it 3 times (2 were mocks) so I know it pretty well so I'm just practising language comparison and vocabulary to boost my writing.

Hope that's helped if you need some tips on what/how to revise :smile:
I have 18 exams. It's gonna be so much fun..... luckily my module results have given me a bit of room to maneuver.
I don't have many at all in 2013, but flip loads in 2014. I think I only have the following and most of them I'll be able to resit in 2014.

Edexcel Mathematics A Paper 1 and 2
AQA Religious Studies B Unit 1
AQA English Language Unit 1
Edexcel Geography A Unit 1, Unit 2 and Unit 3

Coursework wise I'll be doing:
AQA Fine Art Coursework
AQA Graphic Products Unit 2
Edexcel Geography A Unit 4
Original post by ThatPerson
Everyone has so few exams... I have 23 :eek:

So do I :'(
Reply 245
I have all my exams in the summer since my school only does modular for the sciences :frown: I have:
English Lang & Lit x3
Maths x2
Biology
Chemistry
Physics
Spanish x2
Geography x3
History x3
Music
RS

For I revise by making flash cards and watching revision videos

Good luck with your fine arts exam :-)

I only did to exams in January which was my P2 and C2 of which I got an A and A*.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
English lit x2
English lang
History x2
Chemistry x2
Biology x2
Physics
FSMQ maths
French x2
Economics

Ive completed my maths gcse and religious studies attaining an A* in math and an A in RS. So pissed with RS got 76 in the first exam and 99 im the second so 175 overall and i needed 180 for an A*.

I did a couple of exams this january, biology resit and physics. Got 99 and 100, A* for both

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 247
Ive got:
RE both exams (I was off sick for the first one so I attained a zero :frown: )
English Language
English Lit Poetry
English Lit Prose
Maths - Unit Three
Biology - B3
Chemistry - C3
Physics - P3
History - Unit 3C The USA
Chinese Reading
Chinese Listening

Phew!

Got an A* 93/100 in International Relations for History, so that really supported my B (76/100) that I had got in a past module. Working on an A now, so incredibly happy with that!

Resat Maths Unit Two in March - the november paper was **** hard, and I got a B 92/120. Got an A* in UnitOne so I was sitting on exactly 200 UMS. Had I not resat, I would of had to get full marks in Unit 3 to get an A* overall. So waiting on my results for that...

Did Chemistry - C2 as well. Got 67/80 A for C1, so really determined to push higher if I can...
Did Physics - P2 as well. In P1, I was off sick, so I got a zero, and resat and got 57/80 B, so here I need one mark off A* in P2 to get an A overall. Bit worried about P2, as I dont think the exam went as well as it could have... I feel I might have to resit the exam in June :frown:
Is anyone doing the Further maths gcse level 2 exam in June 2013. If so i need help :eek:
I have like 17 ._.
Reply 250
French IGCSE edexcel x2
Spanish IGCSE edexcel x2
Maths IGCSE edexcel x2
English Language IGCSE edexcel
English Literature IGCSE edexcel
History edexcel Unit 3C usa
R.S Full course OCR x4
Additional Science AQA x3
D.t product design AQA

Done: Core Science A (2 marks off A* :frown:), History International Relations (95/100) A* UMS, History Russi 1919-1939 (100/100) A* and I havn't got results back for controlled assessment yet but I'm hoping to have achieved A* ! haha
Original post by Hassan_786
Is anyone doing the Further maths gcse level 2 exam in June 2013. If so i need help :eek:

I am.
Original post by Dalek1099
Looks like you are doing the same Further Maths course as me.I think its pretty easy but sometimes there is the odd challenging question that can throw you off.The grade boundaries are pretty low too.Only 112/175 for an A*.

I am doing the further maths exam aswell. Do you know how to revise for it or any revison resources?

I'm doing the level 3, but there's a lot of overlap, what's the problem?
Original post by Anais
French IGCSE edexcel x2
Spanish IGCSE edexcel x2
Maths IGCSE edexcel x2
English Language IGCSE edexcel
English Literature IGCSE edexcel
History edexcel Unit 3C usa
R.S Full course OCR x4
Additional Science AQA x3
D.t product design AQA

Done: Core Science A (2 marks off A* :frown:), History International Relations (95/100) A* UMS, History Russi 1919-1939 (100/100) A* and I havn't got results back for controlled assessment yet but I'm hoping to have achieved A* ! haha

That's amazing !!! And guess what ? I'm doing the exact same subjects as you !!! apart from R.s, I'm doing short course :smile: good luck with exams !
Reply 255
3 IGCSE test only, and I am grateful for it.
Maths Extended Paper 21
Maths Extended Paper 41
Maths Extended Paper 6
Well, I am doing them one year early. I am revising now during the two week Easter holidays. I like going through the things I don't understand that well, answer some questions from them and then just do past papers.
for english literature, can you rip out the poem you want to compare from the anthology ?

Because without having them together it makes it much less efficient, I'm also sitting the understanding poetry exam this May
Reply 257
I revised throughout the three week Christmas break for my IGCSEs, doing on average 5 hours a day (but went on holiday for a week). I think I was motivated by the thought of A levels and University; if I want to get to a top University revising is key! In my mocks I got:
Graphics: A star
Photography: A star
Art: A star
Religious studies: A star
English literature: A star
English language: A star
German: A star
Physics: A
Biology: A
Chemistry: C
Maths: C
I was really happy with most of my results, but was hoping for my science results to be higher. I was expecting worse grades in Chemistry and Maths; I have had an extremely bad teacher for three years of Chemistry (he was sacked) and Maths just isn't a strong subject! In the summer, I have only 13 exams, but I have three Art/Design exams in a couple of weeks. I am also retaking my English Language (we did it a year early) because I got full marks in the coursework and was expecting an A star. I was two marks off the A star grade boundary. I regret taking so many arts, and R.S as well; I wish I had done History and Latin instead!
For A-level I am going to do Art history, English literature, Philosophy and Politics, and I'm hoping to do either History of art or English lit. at University. I am aiming for Oxbridge (though I know it is extremely competitive) and it is the thought of this that keeps me motivated through revision! Good luck to everyone in the summer exams :smile:
Reply 258

Original post by ThatPerson

are you guys doing it on AQA or edexcel ??

Original post by MattFletcher
I'm doing the level 3, but there's a lot of overlap, what's the problem?

what do you mean level 3??? - that alevel .. there talking about IGCSE .. hmmm
Reply 259
Original post by ThePrestigeUK
for english literature, can you rip out the poem you want to compare from the anthology ?

Because without having them together it makes it much less efficient, I'm also sitting the understanding poetry exam this May

i want to do this!!!!

i had the idea when i started doing practice essays and well im just going to go for it!!

i was going to ask my teacher,, but he would say no.. and i dont think he can do anything in the middle of my exam

plus the anthology isnt exactly sent of lol

ryan

Quick Reply

Latest