The Student Room Group

**The "North Korea Watch 2013" Update Thread**

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Kim is probably just hungry...
Original post by Martyn*
I too think that N. Korea are just trying to assert the supremacy of the new leader. But you never know. The new leader may just be a psychopath.

But is it possible to have so much public hype over going to war with the filthy enemy, and then not?

I can't wait to see how their spin doctors manage it.. "oh, yeah we decided that they weren't worth conquering, so we're letting them live so they can see how pathetic they are compared to us"
Kim Jing Jong or whatever he calls himself is like Hitler with nukes. Instead of hating the Jews he hates Americans... it is not going to have a happy ending :no:
Reply 163
Original post by the bear
Kim Jing Jong or whatever he calls himself is like Hitler with nukes. Instead of hating the Jews he hates Americans... it is not going to have a happy ending :no:

But NK has a new leader now. He might just be trying to assert his supremacy. Afterall, America is the most powerful nation on Earth, and a small Communist state like NK might politically and culturally need to show as per its usual use of mythology and propaganda that it's not the little runt in a litter of big bad piggies.
I don't think that NK have got the missiles to hit the US Mainland, but I do think that they have the missiles to hit Guam, Japan and the SK. I would not want to be living in Seoul at this moment in time. The one thing that people should be worried about is the Army of 1.1 Million screaming Commies who will spill over the DMZ into the South if asked to by Fatboy. Obama needs to do the correct thing, and if NK fire rockets as Guam of SK, then the US must fire back at Pyongyang, and send it back into the Stone Age.
Reply 165
North Korea are stupid enough to take on the US, but they probably try anything at the moment.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 166
Original post by Mrx123
Even South Korea isn't afraid of what the North is saying, I think it's just all talk, no country is so stupid to take on the US like that.

Anyone disagree

The problem with thinking like that is that a possible timeline might go something like this:

-North Korea makes threats
-Countries do something to appease them
-Repeat a few times
-Other countries get sick and tired of NK
-North Korea makes threats
-No one reacts as if they mean anything (because they havent acted anywhere near to previous threats before)
-North Korea realises that no-one is taking them seriously anymore has a fit and does something stupid because otherwise it loses face

On the other hand it may also end relatively well if everyone just says you can't have it your way any more and the NK leadership decides preserving the country is more worth while than preserving their "honour" (or whatever else you may wish to call it)

Basically I think it could go either way, hopefully it will all end peacefully.

Original post by Kiss
South Korea are stupid enough to take on the US, but they probably try anything at the moment.

I'm guessing you mean North :tongue:
Reply 167
Original post by mf2004

I'm guessing you mean North :tongue:

Woops!
It is a no-win situation for all involved. I would be more concerned for South Koreans as opposed to Guam or Hawaii. It is likely to be bluster, in an attempt to extract something from the international community. However, nations can act in crazy ways when backed into a corner. So, who knows? http://world-outline.com/2013/03/north-korea-no-win-situation/
Reply 169
Surely they're empty threats. Kim Jong Un must know that if he tried anything too stupid he'd just be assasinated.
In my opinion, NK has no capable missile to attack US. On the other hand, she has capable missiles to attack Guam and Japan. It is an empty threat since the reason of their action is just to express their huge disapproval to the UN sanctions and the fact that SK conducted a joint military drill together. NK hopes that by saying all those rhetoric speeches, US will feel afraid of her and admit the fact that NK is also a powerful country, not just a poor communist country. NK wants to have a peaceful discussion of how to solve this problem. It is very clear that if NK decides to attack SK and US, her action will be the most regrettable action that NK has ever done since the fact that US and South Korea are more powerful than NK. Stealth planes, mounted missiles, nuclear weapons from US have haunted NK. However, we also cannot say that NK will not goto attack SK since her leader is still very young and unpredictable. He hasn't had enough experiences to lead a country properly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jaska
Crazy to think I might wake up in a world with millions of people gone...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Would it really make a difference though? Millions die each day, whether from murder, starvation, AIDS... etc..
What difference does it make if bombs are dropped? We've always done that...
Original post by stuart_aitken
You're a div. Consider Syria, Palestine, several African states, South Ossetia, and probably more. All have been at war in our lifetime. What you want is something 'like in the movies'. You're a div.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope...the difference between those conflicts and North Korea is that the latter could use Nuclear Weapons; something that we have never witnessed before in our lifetimes....
Original post by HumanSupremacist
Link: http://news.sky.com/story/1073563/n-korea-warns-of-merciless-nuclear-strike

Are we fast approaching war?

The "rhetoric" has really ratcheted up, more than before - just today, the United States Secretary of Defense Chick Hagel said they present a clear and present danger.

Hagel further said that North Korea had nuclear capability and a capable missile delivery system (I thought they didn't?). Now the United States government is moving a missile defence system to Guam (although that's just common sense and to be expected by any other nation).

What do you think?

If that statement is verbatim and not media hyperbole then someone really should shut that handbag dog of country up.

shouldnt take more than two spitballs - ill be generous make it three

Original post by Rakas21
Word is that Chinese troops and vehicles are now amassing on the North Korean border.

Source? And whos side are they going to be on? China may be communist but i cant really see them butting head with the Americans (who are still a bloody big fish in this global pond of ours) in all out war over some fat little man and his ego.
Reply 174
Original post by Martyn*
But NK has a new leader now. He might just be trying to assert his supremacy. Afterall, America is the most powerful nation on Earth, and a small Communist state like NK might politically and culturally need to show as per its usual use of mythology and propaganda that it's not the little runt in a litter of big bad piggies.

Seems to be going a tad over asserting his supremacy, weren't the missile tests and nuclear detonations enough?
The main thing I am worried about is that China had redeployed some of its army to the Korean border. Now I can't see them starting a war with the biggest consumer of their products, but I also dont see why they would feel threatened by a possible DPRK invasion, as China is North Korea's only ally.
Confusing the whole thing really, although I still think that Kim Jong Un is perhaps manufacturing this "crisis" to strengthen his grip on power, in a way which only public fear works.
If Kim Jong-Un wants a War, he will want a Guerrilla style War in the Korean Jungle. The reason he will want this is simple. There are 675,000 joint US and South Korean Troops on the Korean Peninsula. North Korea have 1.1 Million troops who have been waiting for War since 1953. The US have got a bad track record when it comes to this type of War. It would be a pretty even fight in that respect, if however, NK fire rockets, then it will not take much for the US to crush NK.
Reply 177
http://english.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2013/04/04/2013040401314.html

China is communist in name only, they will crush North Korea if anything happens.
Original post by TaylorGang_4
lol.jpg

It's official, North Korea's Navy has set off for the US.

Why can't people get it into their heads - this isn't a chat thread. If you want to post funny pictures, memes, make a chat thread about North Korea.

I'm being harsh and a party-pooper because if the mods see your image and that other user image above, I fear that they might delete this thread and all of my efforts will go to waste. :colonhash:

Spoiler

Original post by Mockery
This isn't Reddit.

Precisely. :yes:
Original post by Umar1
North Korea have a history off throwing their toys off a pram at every major exercise in the peninsula.

Whatever may happen, Every provocative word the fat idiot says will help America sell more F-35s..

And they need to do so due to the low demand from Europe.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I smell a conspiracy theory here :colone:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending