The Student Room Group

How's everyone feeling about starting uni?

Scroll to see replies

im not feeling anything bout uni yet, need to revise first... n also not gonna get my hopes up in case results day isnt good...

but if results day is good then...
ZOMG YES LETS GET READY FOR UNIVERSITY LETS GET *CLOTHES* LETS GET *POTS AND PANS* I NEED *THAT* AND I NEED *THAT* OMG MEEEET UPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:P
Original post by pak1994
Where are you coming from then? And what universities?

Malaysia. Firmed warwick. So crossing fingers to that. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 62
Original post by jellybeansnkmk
Malaysia. Firmed warwick. So crossing fingers to that. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

So that's very far then. I don't think I'd have the courage to move that far away right now.
Warwick is really good, and you should have a lot of fun there.
:crossedf:
I can't wait! I'm 23 and been working the last 5 years, so can't wait to get out of this town, meet new people, and further my career :smile:
Reply 64
Original post by Castiel'
So is the system in Scotland meant to be that you apply to uni's with your grades (Highers) already in hand so technically you're almost on a gap year and save a year studying? If so that sounds way better than the English system :tongue: why do people do advanced Highers if uni's only ask for Highers then? I'm curious as hell :biggrin:

btw I'm hoping to do Medicine this September this year, at Glasgow :smile:

Scottish med schools make you do minimum of two Advanced Highers - Glasgow give conditions for them, Edinburgh doesn't but I'm not sure about the other med schools.

Other than that people do it because they enjoy the subject. I needed an extra subject so chose a third AH instead of doing an extra higher - I really couldn't be bothered with say history!

We still need to be in school: the offer can change if you leave! That said some people have done that and are enjoying it :biggrin:

Most of us stay on for the other stuff in sixth year: it's a relaxed year, do other things...
Original post by pak1994
So that's very far then. I don't think I'd have the courage to move that far away right now.
Warwick is really good, and you should have a lot of fun there.
:crossedf:

Thank you! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
excited...but mainly pooing myself thinking about moving away :frown:
Original post by Sannn
I'm dying to go, in all honesty. I hate school at the moment - year 13 is just so boring, and everyone just wants to leave. Uni will be a fantastic new start - new city, new people, new course. Just gotta get through the next few months :')

This.
My countdown app says it all

I'm slightly excited but quite scared as well... I'm very close to my mum and moving away to another city will be even harder as she's a single mum and doesn't have that many friends :frown:

Feeling pretty lazy at the moment due to my unconditional (another Scottish student here!) but I still want to do well in my Advanced Highers. Sometimes I don't know whether or not I picked the right course; I keep wishing that I was more artsy/into humanities rather than science.

Good luck to anyone who has conditionals!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 70
Can't wait til 17th September..... I'll be 19 when i start though so im happy to leaving the parental wing
Reply 71
I am absolutely buzzing to get started!! (another Scottish student) I will moving quite far away but I don't find that daunting and I have been away from home for long spells before so I don't think homesickness is going to be an issue :P I can't to just go start my own life and study psychology (which I simply love) anyone else starting psychology in september?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 72
Original post by zbaxter1
I am absolutely buzzing to get started!! (another Scottish student) I will moving quite far away but I don't find that daunting and I have been away from home for long spells before so I don't think homesickness is going to be an issue :P I can't to just go start my own life and study psychology (which I simply love) anyone else starting psychology in september?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think that homesickness will be much of a problem for me either. Plus (hopefully) I'll only be a 40 minute drive from home.
Woo for Psychology. :smile:
Reply 73
Really looking forward to it, I took a gap year and have a full time job this year but just wanna go and move on with my life :smile:
Reply 74
Original post by pak1994
I don't think that homesickness will be much of a problem for me either. Plus (hopefully) I'll only be a 40 minute drive from home.
Woo for Psychology. :smile:

A fellow non-homesickness-er (well that was made up... :lol: ) yay, I think I am about two and half hours drive from home not quite sure but I'll now next, I'm going to an applicants day then :P you doing psychology too? I love it :biggrin: where will you going?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 75
A fellow non-homesickness-er (well that was made up... :lol: ) yay, I think I am about two and half hours drive from home not quite sure but I'll now next, I'm going to an applicants day then :P you doing psychology too? I love it :biggrin: where will you going?

Posted from TSR Mobile

My furthest choice is about 3 hours away.
Yep, Psychology all the way. :biggrin:
My firm is going to be Oxford, so hopefully I'll get the grades for that, but I still have to choose my insurance choice. It's between Nottingham, Sheffield and Bristol at the moment. You?
Reply 76
Original post by pak1994
My furthest choice is about 3 hours away.
Yep, Psychology all the way. :biggrin:
My firm is going to be Oxford, so hopefully I'll get the grades for that, but I still have to choose my insurance choice. It's between Nottingham, Sheffield and Bristol at the moment. You?

Good for you on the Oxford front!! My firm is going to be Stirling, I still need to hear back from Dundee, they are being so slow but if I give up on them then my insurance will be Abertay but that is a different course which is forensic psychobiology so not as keen for that as I am for stirling. All the best of luck for getting your grades though! What are you doing this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 77
Good for you on the Oxford front!! My firm is going to be Stirling, I still need to hear back from Dundee, they are being so slow but if I give up on them then my insurance will be Abertay but that is a different course which is forensic psychobiology so not as keen for that as I am for stirling. All the best of luck for getting your grades though! What are you doing this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, I'm just really worried now about meeting the offer, as I want to go there so much.
Stirling sounds good, one of the girls in the year above me goes there, and she seems to really enjoy it. Scotland would be too far for me to go though. I hope you get into Stirling then.
I'm doing Biology, Psychology and Maths A2 and also the EPQ.
I'm excited and terrified in equal measures. I can't wait to study a subject which I love full time as well as see a little more of the world, but I'm worried that I won't make friends, especially as I'm really shy and if I make my firm offer I will be on my own in a city I hardly know. I'm also a little worried that I won't be able to keep up with the workload.
Reply 79
**** scared even though where I'm (hopefully) off isn't too[i/] far from home. More scared about not getting on with flatmates or making friends than anything especially since I'm quite shy.

Also planning to come home regularly, and I know it shouldn't bother me, but I wouldn't want anyone thinking I was weird or anything because of that...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending