The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham University Foundation Course 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Hi guys, really nervous! I've got my LNAT coming up on Wednesday.. I need a score of about 20 to get an interview for Durham (law with Foundation) and it's my first choice. I really want this!

Who else is on law with foundation, and are you a mature student? I'm 17 so i'm normal uni age, just wondered what the proportion will be like if I do get an offer?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by LaurenAB
Hi guys, really nervous! I've got my LNAT coming up on Wednesday.. I need a score of about 20 to get an interview for Durham (law with Foundation) and it's my first choice. I really want this!

Who else is on law with foundation, and are you a mature student? I'm 17 so i'm normal uni age, just wondered what the proportion will be like if I do get an offer?

Although I'm not doing Law; I will be on the Combined Social Sciences pathway. I am only 20, so I'm not exactly old myself. I think mature is technically 21 or over, isn't it?

:smile:
Reply 202
Original post by Himynameskiefer
Although I'm not doing Law; I will be on the Combined Social Sciences pathway. I am only 20, so I'm not exactly old myself. I think mature is technically 21 or over, isn't it?

:smile:

Yeah it is! Woo that's all right then :smile:
Reply 203
Original post by muslehkhan93
Great!! Nice to know someones on the same boat!! I've been following the thread (stalking more like :colondollar:)!! I think we have a few more lawyers on here right? lol

Hopefully! Got to get a decent LNAT then I should get an offer!
HI to all business with foundation-ers! and everyone else of course...do the people who have seen the campus (i am yet to...even though i firmed my offer) know what the gym is like there?
Biomedical Science with a foundation year....goddamnit is it October yet?!
Reply 206

Im on the Law with foundation course but Im a little older than you at 29 :O.

Best of luck for the LNAT!
Reply 207
Great!! Nice to know someones on the same boat!! I've been following the thread (stalking more like :colondollar:)!! I think we have a few more lawyers on here right? lol

Im not sure how many people are actually on Law, think its quite a small number, so if you get an offer its a pretty big thing!

Are you definitely going to be going? What college are you at?
Hopefully! Got to get a decent LNAT then I should get an offer!

If I remember correctly you had your LNAT today?! I hope it went well! Can I ask are you applying to start on October 2013?
Original post by Hegelian
Im not sure how many people are actually on Law, think its quite a small number, so if you get an offer its a pretty big thing!

Are you definitely going to be going? What college are you at?

Yep, I am definitely going! Not yet been allocated a college, still waiting!! What about yourself?
Reply 210
Yep, I am definitely going! Not yet been allocated a college, still waiting!! What about yourself?

Ill be there and Hatfield College. I found out so long ago, must be rubbish waiting!
Reply 211
If I remember correctly you had your LNAT today?! I hope it went well! Can I ask are you applying to start on October 2013?

I am yeah :smile:
I did, yeah it went okay - essay was good, I had a bit of time at the end which was nice, in my practices I was writing to the last second. I can just never tell with the multiple choice ones :frown: I'll have to wait and see I guess.

Thanks for asking!
Durham Y U no reply to me!??!!:frown::frown:
Reply 213
Original post by Koshkaquoibonis
Durham Y U no reply to me!??!!:frown::frown:

If its the Foundation Centre, why not give them a call?
I've found them to be very helpful and they will let you know when you can expect to hear!
Ill be there and Hatfield College. I found out so long ago, must be rubbish waiting!

Sounds good! Yeh i guess, but the fact that I have a place on the course makes me feel that much better!
I am yeah :smile:
I did, yeah it went okay - essay was good, I had a bit of time at the end which was nice, in my practices I was writing to the last second. I can just never tell with the multiple choice ones :frown: I'll have to wait and see I guess.

Thanks for asking!

Oh wow, I thought the deadline was January 15th? I'm sure it went well and your worrying about nothing!!
Reply 216
Hi all, I'm starting physics this year and can't wait! Still not been assigned a college but I look forward to hearing which one I have been allocated!

I live about 30-35 mins away by train/car and I have a house that I'm looking to get a lodger for. I really can't afford to live here on my own lol. It's 3 bedrooms, 3 cats and a piano lol if you happen to play! Just in case anyone is struggling to find somewhere to live :smile:
If its the Foundation Centre, why not give them a call?
I've found them to be very helpful and they will let you know when you can expect to hear!

Nearly four weeks ago I contacted them and they messaged me back saying they would get back to me in a few weeks time. They were helpful & explained why.. but I hate waiting:rolleyes:
Reply 218
Hi just set up a new thread for 2014, any foundation students are more than welcome to give advice to the new year of applicant for 2014. Also near the end of the 2013 year, so its about time I started a new one.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2309746&p=42138568#post42138568
Reply 219
What colleges have people applied for, there seems to be a good mix here

Quick Reply

Latest