The Student Room Group

GCSE exams in May/June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ryanb97
are you guys doing it on AQA or edexcel ??

what do you mean level 3??? - that alevel .. there talking about IGCSE .. hmmm

I'm doing AQA. Most of the questions are C1-C2 A-Level topics, but there is one FP1 topic (Matrices).
Original post by ryanb97
i want to do this!!!!

i had the idea when i started doing practice essays and well im just going to go for it!!

i was going to ask my teacher,, but he would say no.. and i dont think he can do anything in the middle of my exam

plus the anthology isnt exactly sent of lol

ryan

I will just rip it out, because every year they get new anthologies, your even allowed to write in them meaning they wont be used again. i.e. for class use or the next exams. So you may aswell rip it out as it will only be going back to Edexcel and they wont cancel your exam because your doing something good for you
Does anyone have the same french exam as me ? I'm currently doing the edexcel igcse so the listening paper is my first exam !! :O
Reply 263
Original post by ThePrestigeUK
I will just rip it out, because every year they get new anthologies, your even allowed to write in them meaning they wont be used again. i.e. for class use or the next exams. So you may aswell rip it out as it will only be going back to Edexcel and they wont cancel your exam because your doing something good for you

i think i will definatley... i might just joke around a bit wih my teacher saying i wont..then come the exam...RIPPPP!! lol :biggrin:

im on AQA.. my school normally use the anthologies in class for the students next year.... i dont think anyone would want a ripped one lol

ryan
Reply 264
Original post by ThatPerson
I'm doing AQA. Most of the questions are C1-C2 A-Level topics, but there is one FP1 topic (Matrices).

our is pretty tricky

it cover a lot of C1;C2 about half of C3; bits of C4 ; the first chapter of M2 and the 1st chapter of FP2

i know that since i think its half as tough as AS-level maths (i just finished)

how are you finding it?
are you doing maths next year?

ryan
Original post by ryanb97
our is pretty tricky

it cover a lot of C1;C2 about half of C3; bits of C4 ; the first chapter of M2 and the 1st chapter of FP2

i know that since i think its half as tough as AS-level maths (i just finished)

how are you finding it?
are you doing maths next year?

ryan

What board are you on? OCR?

Oh, and I'm taking Maths and Further Maths for A-Level next year, so taking FM GCSE is good preparation for it, because it means I'm already familiar with some concepts of Calculus, etc.

Oh, and I'm taking Maths and Further Maths for A-Level next year, so taking FM GCSE is good preparation for it, because it means I'm already familiar with some concepts of Calculus, etc.

You have to do FM at GCSE to do standard Alevel Mathematics at my school ( C1,C2,C3,C4 ,{M1/D1/S1} )
Original post by upthegunners
You have to do FM at GCSE to do standard Alevel Mathematics at my school ( C1,C2,C3,C4 ,{M1/D1/S1} )

That's weird. What if you are an external?
That's weird. What if you are an external?

I know..

whats that?
Original post by upthegunners
I know..

whats that?

As in, if someone from a different school joins your sixth form, they might not have been able to do FM GCSE, but they may still be fully capable of doing the A-Level. Are they just not allowed to take it, because then technically they will be behind the rest of the class.
As in, if someone from a different school joins your sixth form, they might not have been able to do FM GCSE, but they may still be fully capable of doing the A-Level. Are they just not allowed to take it, because then technically they will be behind the rest of the class.

That happened, the person couldn't do it.

ridiculous
I have 17 between 13th May - 14th June

CIE English
CIE English Lit
AQA IGCSE Triple Science
AQA RS
OCR French Reading and Listening
OCR Spanish Reading and Listening
OCR History B
OCR Maths

Where do you revise for furthur maths at gcse level. Becuase im not doing fm but still allowed to do maths at A level
Original post by Midnight1811
Where do you revise for furthur maths at gcse level. Becuase im not doing fm but still allowed to do maths at A level

I'm not sure that I understand your question. Are you asking how do I revise?

For Maths and Further Maths GCSE I go through the specification and make sure I know everything. If I'm even a bit unsure about something I Google the topic and usually a few videos and questions come up that I do. Plus my teacher gives my class a lot of practice questions.
Reply 274

This happened to a few of my friends who applied to a different sixth form with me. They were allowed to A level maths, but they had to get extra tutoring over the summer to catch up with everyone else.
Do you mean Additional Maths? That's between GCSE and A level and is normally done by GCSE students. I think further maths is juat an A level.
Reply 275
Original post by Kshanahan
I revised throughout the three week Christmas break for my IGCSEs, doing on average 5 hours a day (but went on holiday for a week). I think I was motivated by the thought of A levels and University; if I want to get to a top University revising is key! In my mocks I got:
Graphics: A star
Photography: A star
Art: A star
Religious studies: A star
English literature: A star
English language: A star
German: A star
Physics: A
Biology: A
Chemistry: C
Maths: C
I was really happy with most of my results, but was hoping for my science results to be higher. I was expecting worse grades in Chemistry and Maths; I have had an extremely bad teacher for three years of Chemistry (he was sacked) and Maths just isn't a strong subject! In the summer, I have only 13 exams, but I have three Art/Design exams in a couple of weeks. I am also retaking my English Language (we did it a year early) because I got full marks in the coursework and was expecting an A star. I was two marks off the A star grade boundary. I regret taking so many arts, and R.S as well; I wish I had done History and Latin instead!
For A-level I am going to do Art history, English literature, Philosophy and Politics, and I'm hoping to do either History of art or English lit. at University. I am aiming for Oxbridge (though I know it is extremely competitive) and it is the thought of this that keeps me motivated through revision! Good luck to everyone in the summer exams :smile:

Hi could you please tell me your revision method for the exams?

Many thanks
Reply 276

OCR doesnt do it

they do additional maths which is relatively easy

im on edexcel..self-teaching though (although since i had already done C1,C2 i nknew majority of it)

ryan
Original post by Molly_xox
I have 17 between 13th May - 14th June

CIE English
CIE English Lit
AQA IGCSE Triple Science
AQA RS
OCR French Reading and Listening
OCR Spanish Reading and Listening
OCR History B
OCR Maths

Didn't know aqa did Igcse ?! :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Alix23
This happened to a few of my friends who applied to a different sixth form with me. They were allowed to A level maths, but they had to get extra tutoring over the summer to catch up with everyone else.
Do you mean Additional Maths? That's between GCSE and A level and is normally done by GCSE students. I think further maths is juat an A level.

The qualifications name is Further Maths GCSE. It is a Level 2 qualification.

http://aqamaths.aqa.org.uk/index.php?CurrMenu=294
Original post by ryanb97
OCR doesnt do it

they do additional maths which is relatively easy

im on edexcel..self-teaching though (although since i had already done C1,C2 i nknew majority of it)

ryan

Do you mind giving me a link to the spec? Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest