The Student Room Group

Expulsion and predicted grades

Hello,

I'm in A2 and Basically i'm in a dispute with my college and if it get's to the stage where I am expelled, will my predicted grades stand in if i do not manage to complete my A levels? Just a bit of clarity on what would happen thanks.
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

If you are expelled without taking your exams, than that's it.

No A levels.

No University entrance.
Reply 2
Why exactly? The school has acted with unjustice over an altercation with a teacher, if they were to expel me it would be an outrage. The school has power over me, and have refused to accept any wrongdoing. Surely UCAS would consider this?
Original post by returnmigrant
If you are expelled without taking your exams, than that's it.

No A levels.

No University entrance.

Couldn't OP arrange to do them privately?
What did you do? If you don't mind me asking.
Original post by Rovey
Hello,

I'm in A2 and Basically i'm in a dispute with my college and if it get's to the stage where I am expelled, will my predicted grades stand in if i do not manage to complete my A levels? Just a bit of clarity on what would happen thanks.

If you don't complete your A levels then obviously you wont be able to go to university as you wouldn't meet the entry requirements. I think you would be able to teach yourself and then finish them off privately though.

That said, if you're still waiting to hear back from any universities, an expulsion would certainly work against you.
Reply 6
Original post by upthegunners
What did you do? If you don't mind me asking.

As a result of persistant lateness, my teacher told me to leave the class for the first hour. I refused, citing that he should of had the courtesy to give me a formal word of warning before acting as such. He was abusive for 15 minutes, even went out of his way by threating to cancel the entire class when this could of been managed after the class rather than get everyone involved. He said he would not help me with any of my work for the rest of the year, even if i asked, despite being a very good student otherwise.

the vice principle then suspended me, before informing me, when school policy states students must be informed and have the chance to explain themselves before any sanctions are taken. I have contestsd this, but thry continue to refer me to school policies which fit their purposes, unwilling to accept any responsibility on their part. I asked to have a meeting with the concerned teacher to have a speedy end to this, he has also refused this. not proffesional.

that combines with the numerouse threats of expulsion, continued suspension to shield their responsibilty and have me accept everything.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Student-95
If you don't complete your A levels then obviously you wont be able to go to university as you wouldn't meet the entry requirements. I think you would be able to teach yourself and then finish them off privately though.

That said, if you're still waiting to hear back from any universities, an expulsion would certainly work against you.

Why would i not be eligible for mitigating circumstances? If the school's in the exercise of injustice, and I have courage to act against this, i should be given some degree of consideration.
Original post by Rovey
As a result of persistant lateness, my teacher told me to leave the class for the first hour. I refused, citing that he should of had the courtesy to give me a formal word of warning before acting as such. He was abusive for 15 minutes, even went out of his way by threating to cancel the entire class when this could of been managed after the class rather than get everyone involved. He said he would not help me with any of my work for the rest of the year, even if i asked, despite being a very good student otherwise.

the vice principle then suspended me, before informing me, when school policy states students must be informed and have the chance to explain themselves before any sanctions are taken. I have contestsd this, but thry continue to refer me to school policies which fit their purposes, unwilling to accept any responsibility on their part. I asked to have a meeting with the concerned teacher to have a speedy end to this, he has also refused this. not proffesional.

that combines with the numerouse threats of expulsion, continued suspension to shield their responsibilty and have me accept everything.

Gee whizz - you sound like a complete ar*e. Just go to school and give them some respect. I would hate to teach someone like you.
Original post by Rovey
Why would i not be eligible for mitigating circumstances? If the school's in the exercise of injustice, and I have courage to act against this, i should be given some degree of consideration.

They aren't going to take your side over the school's. If the school expels you then they would surely assume you were in the wrong and it would work against you, not for you. They certainly wouldn't just hand you your predicted grades without you taking the exams.

I think they may even be allowed to withdraw any offer they have already made you, meaning you wouldn't have a place even if you finished them privately.
Reply 10
No, you must sit your A levels. Predicted grades won't mean ****. If you feel your college is being unjust, contact the governors and arrange a meeting. If you get expelled, contact other colleges in your area and your exam boards to make arrangements.
Reply 11
Original post by Rovey
As a result of persistent lateness, my teacher told me to leave the class for the first hour. I refused, citing that he should of had the courtesy to give me a formal word of warning before acting as such. He was abusive for 15 minutes, even went out of his way by threatening to cancel the entire class when this could of been managed after the class rather than get everyone involved. He said he would not help me with any of my work for the rest of the year, even if i asked, despite being a very good student otherwise.

the vice principle then suspended me, before informing me, when school policy states students must be informed and have the chance to explain themselves before any sanctions are taken. I have contested this, but they continue to refer me to school policies which fit their purposes, unwilling to accept any responsibility on their part. I asked to have a meeting with the concerned teacher to have a speedy end to this, he has also refused this. not professional.

that combines with the numerous threats of expulsion, continued suspension to shield their responsibility and have me accept everything.

Why does your teacher have to warn you about arriving late? Why don't you arrive on time? Where I go to school, if we're a second late, on more than 4 occasions we're given Saturday morning detention. On the tenth occasion we get expelled. I shudder to imagine what would happen if we refused the leave the class. As a rule of thumb, arriving late means you don't get to come in. Why should all of your classmates be interrupted because you can't bother to arrive on time?
Reply 12
Learn how to tell the time. You shouldn't need to be told like a child when you're late.
Why were you persistently late then?
Reply 14
Original post by squeakysquirrel
Gee whizz - you sound like a complete ar*e. Just go to school and give them some respect. I would hate to teach someone like you.

The only arse here is the teacher and staff. This teacher expected an apology, yet 2 weeks back he was not even in the class for the first hour. No explanation or apology was given, and he has the character to ask me to apologise.

I don't think i need to waste my time with you, especially with an ego like yours.
Reply 15
Original post by GeneralOJB
No, you must sit your A levels. Predicted grades won't mean ****. If you feel your college is being unjust, contact the governors and arrange a meeting. If you get expelled, contact other colleges in your area and your exam boards to make arrangements.

Thanks, will likely have to look into sitting the exams privately.
Original post by Rovey
The only arse here is the teacher and staff. This teacher expected an apology, yet 2 weeks back he was not even in the class for the first hour. No explanation or apology was given, and he has the character to ask me to apologise.

I don't think i need to waste my time with you, especially with an ego like yours.

WOW OP, you ask for people's advice and don't like what you get? Your clearly the one with the over-sized ego. Despite what you obviously think, teachers don't have to teach you, and it's not their problem if you **** up. You should learn some manners and respect what others are doing for you. And learn to arrive on time if you want the A levels. From your attitude we can deduce that you either don't care about A levels or are the most arrogant self-obsessed brat on TSR.... take your pick
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by taintedCH
Why does your teacher have to warn you about arriving late? Why don't you arrive on time? Where I go to school, if we're a second late, on more than 4 occasions we're given Saturday morning detention. On the tenth occasion we get expelled. I shudder to imagine what would happen if we refused the leave the class. As a rule of thumb, arriving late means you don't get to come in. Why should all of your classmates be interrupted because you can't bother to arrive on time?

Simply because no one bothered to get to the bottom of why i'm always late. I'm having personal issues, and still have not been asked to explain myself. The problem is, the school is very quick to act on its students, but when its staff are faced with criticism, refuse to have the honesty to accept any responsibility. It's been handled disastrously, that's the fact of the matter. The vice principle should of had the courtesy to being me to his office to establish what's going on. Instead, sanctions are immediately taken going only by the word of the teacher, and the number of times i've been late this year.

You say the rest of class is disrupted, well that's just not true. Lessons on average take 10 minutes just to get going, which is usually the amount of time i'm late to a class. regardless, i have had the honesty to accept my poor punctuality both in writing and verbally to them, yet have heard no such admission from them.
Reply 18
You really don't have a right to be challenging a teacher's authority like that when you were the one in the wrong. If you were constantly late then obviously the teacher would be really pissed off at you! By challenging him, you disrespected him, I wouldn't be surprised if you get expelled really. You won't get into University with predicted grades because they're not your solid qualifications. Look into sitting your A levels privately and work on your issues with attitude.
It doesn't matter why you are late. You should just be another cog in the school machine and yet you are the broken cog. You do not run smoothly as you should and therefore the school can do what they want with you. It's your own problem

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending