The Student Room Group

BREAKING: Philpott jailed for just 15 years...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Michaelj
People may attempt to beat him but this man has a very strong ego, temper, confidence etc and he may be the aggressor. He may even have followers because of his domineering personality. I wouldn't be surprised if he kills someone in prison because he may find that his celebrity lifestyle gives him the attention he needs.

There you go then, and if he does he will never get parole, rendering this thread moot.
Original post by Jordan-James
Wrong, if Breivik acted like a changed man for the 20 year period. The court will have no case to extend his sentence.

But let's face it we all know breviks a psycho and is proud of the killings openly admitting it and proudly telling the courts of his homocidal plans

Philpot is not planning on wiping out half of Europe, did not intentionally mean to kill anybody and cannot therefore be viewed on a level playing field as brevik

I'm very sorry to anybody who has ever lost of a loved one due to murder but there is NO justice is capital punishment or "throwing away the key" we as a race are better than that and it leads to absolutely nothing but desensitisation towards death and suffering. For everyone who champions the American justice system the reason they probably have so many killings is because apparently their judicial system thinks its perfectly alright to take some bodies life as a punishment, so how can they expect their citizens to think anything differently

Posted from TSR Mobile
People may attempt to beat him but this man has a very strong ego, temper, confidence etc and he may be the aggressor. He may even have followers because of his domineering personality. I wouldn't be surprised if he kills someone in prison because he may find that his celebrity lifestyle gives him the attention he needs.

He has a very strong ego, temper, confidence and acts as the aggressor when around his wife and kids. He will not act like that around grown men in prison.

Original post by edithwashere
Is OP doing a Daily Mail internship? :colone:

Let's be honest, he probably writes for them.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 43
Original post by coconut2456
He has a very strong ego, temper, confidence and acts as the aggressor when around his wife and kids. He will not act like that around grown men in prison.

He has narcissistic personality disorder and psychopathy. Don't be surprised if he does. Did you see him on the Jeremy Kyle show? Did he look meek and shy on there? Of course not. He was trying to domineer the audience as well as Jeremy himself.
He has narcissistic personality disorder and psychopathy. Don't be surprised if he does. Did you see him on the Jeremy Kyle show? Did he look meek and shy on there? Of course not. He was trying to domineer the audience as well as Jeremy himself.

He tried to domineer people who could do nothing to him, that's very very different to trying to domineer grown men in prison who could beat the crap out of him if they felt like it.
Reply 45
He tried to domineer people who could do nothing to him, that's very very different to trying to domineer grown men in prison who could beat the crap out of him if they felt like it.

Do you honestly think he'll turn submissive and not put up a fight? His personality traits are part of his mental illness. He'll still have the ego, the temper, the confidence, the entitlement etc whilst in prison. Don't be surprised if he murders someone in prison.
Do you honestly think he'll turn submissive and not put up a fight? His personality traits are part of his mental illness. He'll still have the ego, the temper, the confidence, the entitlement etc whilst in prison. Don't be surprised if he murders someone in prison.

If I'm honest I'd be very surprised if someone doesn't attempt to murder him

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 47
Original post by Abbieastoria
If I'm honest I'd be very surprised if someone doesn't attempt to murder him

Posted from TSR Mobile

Guaranteed they will. He may even end up dead, similar to Jeffrey Dahmer.

Initially no, but he will become submissive eventually. With the inevitable attempts at killing him that will be made, he will not be as mentally strong as you think he is.
Reply 49
Initially no, but he will become submissive eventually. With the inevitable attempts at killing him that will be made, he will not be as mentally strong as you think he is.

Honestly, with how destructive he is, he'll prob end up dead.
Reply 50
What depresses me about TSR is the arrogant certainty that people present themselves with. On this thread, there are people speaking with absolute certainty about matters of fact concerning Norwegian jurisprudence, penal systems, criminology and mental health.
Original post by dj1015

I cant understand why he isn't hung from the neck or locked in a small room with no light for the rest of his life. But alas he will be out in time for his 72nd birthday and back to living off our backs.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2303851/Mick-Philpott-sentenced-LIFE-wife-Mairead-gets-17-years-Derby-house-plot.html

Actually, even during those 15 years in prison he will still be living off tax payers money xD
Reply 52
Just a few points that I'm sure will have already been mentioned.

It wasn't murder, it was manslaughter.

They didn't mean to kill the children.

15 years is the technical minimum; he will most likely serve longer.

He's not being hanged because we already recognised it to be immoral years ago.

We're not sticking him in a tiny cell with no light for 15 years because we're not barbarians.

Original post by dj1015
I need not go over the finer details of what has happened as I am sure you know already. But for murdering 6 children, he has basically gotten off with a slap on the wrist.

Thats 30 months per murder. British "justice" has sunk to a new low.

I cant understand why he isn't hung from the neck or locked in a small room with no light for the rest of his life. But alas he will be out in time for his 72nd birthday and back to living off our backs.

And those of you who say that it is a minimum term. Don't try and kid me, or your self. You know he will be out as soon as he is done with those 15. Thats how things work in the UK. Crime and laziness is rewarded in a failed system, that tragically failed 6 people to the cost of their lives.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2303851/Mick-Philpott-sentenced-LIFE-wife-Mairead-gets-17-years-Derby-house-plot.html

Couple of things wrong with your post:-

1) He's been jailed for manslaughter, not murder.

2) He's received a life sentence, not 15 years, with a condition for the rest of his life that if he commits a crime he can just be recalled to prison.

3) He's got to serve a minimum of 15 years before he's considered for parole.

Might want to get your facts right before you start making judgements about if it's a good or bad sentence, and use more than one newspaper as a source rather than a tabloid.

In response to what I'm sure will be the next thing you say, that he'll most likely be out in 15 years, well that's only if the parole board still consider him a threat to the public - if they don't then he will be out, if they do, he will remain jailed.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Jordan-James
Just gonna put this into perspective, someone could walk into your house and stab you to death, receiving less than 10 years in prison. Tell me how you would truly feel about that without lying.

Truth is, people like you have no experience of what its like to lose someone to murder and see their killers get soft sentences. You would never understand the pain people like myself have gone through.

You just look at it from an outside perspective, Trying to play the equality man.

This would be murder not manslaughter. The sentance for murder is MANDATORY LIFE SENTANCE. The Judge will set a punishment tariff (the minimum number of years to be served in prison) the prisoner can then APPLY for parole. There is no guarantee that they will receive it.

Even after the prisoners release he will be on a life licence meaning he/she can be recalled to prison for any reason.

The CPS could have pushed for murder but if they had failed to prove beyond reasonable doubt an absolute intent to kill then Philpott and his cronies would have walked free. In going for the lesser sentance they were able to secure long sentances.
Perfect timing, just as the gov. make massive cuts to welfare the Philpotts are back in the news. Deeply suspicious. You google Philpott and what do you get? First story-'Philpott's benefits "lifestyle" should be questioned, says Osborne.' Clever.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 56
Original post by SophiaKeuning
Perfect timing, just as the gov. make massive cuts to welfare the Philpotts are back in the news. Deeply suspicious. You google Philpott and what do you get? First story-'Philpott's benefits "lifestyle" should be questioned, says Osborne.' Clever.

It's not the point he killed the kids, it's the fact he earned 60k in benefits through breeding cash cows. Anyone can hypothetically do this. Yes, benefits needs to be changed.
Original post by dj1015
I cant understand why he isn't hung from the neck or locked in a small room with no light for the rest of his life.

The former is capital punishment which was abolished in this country 50 years ago, the latter is torture which was abolished in this country 400 years ago.
It's not the point he killed the kids, it's the fact he earned 60k in benefits through breeding cash cows. Anyone can hypothetically do this. Yes, benefits needs to be changed.

That's the point! People aren't thinking about how horrible it its that kids died, and what a hideous individual, they're thinking 'HAH! I knew welfare culture is evil.' It's a perfect time to get people on the side of the Tories when as the Guardian clearly pointed out several days ago there will be a lot of unjust suffering caused by the cuts, and what a perfect motif is Philpott for their rampage against welfare.
Reply 59

What are cash cows?
But think about it logically...he's been sentenced for 7 years before on attempted murder, he's been done for common assault, taking drugs. Is he going to walk into a job? The government imprisons these people, and then gives them money, because it's the only way they can survive.

And anyway, I agree with the above poster... The trial is all very good timing, a clever, underhand justification of the governments cuts me thinks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending