The Student Room Group

The OFFICIAL OCR June 2013 AS Biology F212 Exam Thread.

Hi everyone sitting the OCR biology F212 exam on the 3rd of June.

Please use this thread for exam preparation, revision help & support, as well as any chat that refers to the OCR biology AS exams.

Personally, I am quite nervous about this exam considering the exam length & the amount of information that we need to know for it, in comparison with the first F211 exam.

What is everyone else doing for revision?
Does anyone have any ideas of what some of the questions will be?

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I've started revision this week and realised that there's still loads of content my teachers haven't covered yet, so glad it's one of my last exams.
Reply 2
Original post by LucyQ
I've started revision this week and realised that there's still loads of content my teachers haven't covered yet, so glad it's one of my last exams.

same :frown:
Reply 3
I'm taking this exam and really struggling to find the best way to revise it as using the textbook to make mindmaps isn't proving very effective... D:
Is this exam much more fact based than F211?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Ceg260
I'm taking this exam and really struggling to find the best way to revise it as using the textbook to make mindmaps isn't proving very effective... D:

work with the specification, seems to work best for me.
Reply 6
Have any of you guys down the evaluative task for random sampling yet? I'm doing it next week, tips would be appreciated. Thanks :smile:
Reply 7
I am dying of stress. Apparently my genius school decided its best to do all exams at once, both unit 1 and unit 2. So I have like Unit 1 and Unit 2 to do. Any tips on how I can practise Unit 2 effectively?
Any idea on what will come up in unit one?
Guys as stupid as this is I haven't started revising for f211 yet (too many exams!) I'm resitting a d(2 marks of a c) .. Any predictions or tips ? What should I focus on more

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by ladybug.hugsxoxo
Guys as stupid as this is I haven't started revising for f211 yet (too many exams!) I'm resitting a d(2 marks of a c) .. Any predictions or tips ? What should I focus on more

Posted from TSR Mobile

You MUST do several past papers, this way you'll get to grips with just how specific examiners can be! I'd advise you to start F211 revision today as the exam is in 2 days!
Reply 11
Came across this a few days back, looks hlepful :smile:
(Jan 2013 exam papers + Mark schemes)
http://ifitsgreenitsbiology.wordpress.com/2013/01/10/january-exams-2013/
Reply 12
is anyone else finding the biodiversity evolution classification subjects really wordy in the book and pretty confusing about what we need to know?
Reply 13
How did everyone find it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Honestly, this was an easy paper but I think i lost marks in a few places and i wrote about membranes and stuff for the Cube of liver question :biggrin:
Reply 15
Hopefully this paper should be okay...

Provided there is minimal biodiversity.

I swear if I see a flippin' bird i'll scream.
Don't know jack shít for this
Reply 17
Original post by g.k.galloway
Hopefully this paper should be okay...

Provided there is minimal biodiversity.

I swear if I see a flippin' bird i'll scream.

Oh god same I will honestly flip a lid if there's biodiversity! My teacher set it as "private study" meaning he didn't have time to teach the whole course, so I haven't a hope in hell for this exam
Reply 18
Original post by Ceg260
Oh god same I will honestly flip a lid if there's biodiversity! My teacher set it as "private study" meaning he didn't have time to teach the whole course, so I haven't a hope in hell for this exam

We had it as private study too...so lets just say it's not my strongest area! :redface:
Reply 19
our teacher just decided to skip alot of food/health/biodiversity out! i read through the text book and it was like every other page we hadnt done haha hopeless!! i think biodiversity has some easy bits though and i think i prefer that to food and health :/
biological molecules is the best :biggrin:

although if the f211 exam yesterday is a reflection of how hard this exam is going to be... we are all doomed

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending