The Student Room Group

Boots Questionaire Help!

Okay so i really dont understand the questionaire.I mean okay I dont mind the questions as much but the answers!Like seriously!If anyone has done the boots questionaire,they would know what I'm talking about.So how do you answer the questions exactly?Im not asking for the answers but do they look for mostly honesty.? mean they ask questions like have i broken a rule before?Obviously i have but would it be wrong if i say definately true (5).I have tons of experience as a sales assistant & i dont want to fail this questionaire cause i know i would be so good at this job!Help :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Is there some space to explain why did you broke it? If yes, you could explain and say that you've learnt from it and the next time you didn't break the rules.
Reply 2
I appreciate that you're trying to be honest. That's excellent work ethic.

You should select No, Never broken a rule. That is the 'correct' answer as far as the system is concerned.
I applied for a job there the other day , I swear that questionnaire sounds like its been wrote by a ditsy stupid person , particularly the Personality test . By the end of the test I'd pretty much convinced myself that the job isn't right for me anyway , they expect you to make solid friendships and be a people person and bla bla bla , all I want is a goddamn part time job which I can manage with my studies ! I gave it my best shot but still haven't received my results.
Reply 4
I applied for a job there 2 yesterday I would love to work for boots- only problem I've found is they never seem to have vacancys- I've applied for no7 adviser and although I love make up and have a saleing background I don't think I've got much chance of getting it as I have no make-up experience ( apart from doing my own/ mums) haha guess you never know though :smile: good luck with all your applications :smile: x
Reply 5
I always put the answer down of what I think the employer will want to see, regardless if its true or not, as these kind of things (as opposed to actual past work experiences and academic achievements) you can stretch the truth and they will never know any better.
Reply 6
Original post by Jaegon Targaryen
I applied for a job there the other day , I swear that questionnaire sounds like its been wrote by a ditsy stupid person , particularly the Personality test . By the end of the test I'd pretty much convinced myself that the job isn't right for me anyway , they expect you to make solid friendships and be a people person and bla bla bla , all I want is a goddamn part time job which I can manage with my studies ! I gave it my best shot but still haven't received my results.

Haha i agree!More like a monkey with a computer!XD & yeah i just answered honestly, i mean they look for someone who is always postive & optimistic so i just went with the answers relating to that,hopefully it all goes well.It's so hard to find a job nowadays!:frown:Just want to work so i can gain experience & help with university fees.They still haven't got back to me,so fingers crossed!Good luck with yours :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by bellyboo
I applied for a job there 2 yesterday I would love to work for boots- only problem I've found is they never seem to have vacancys- I've applied for no7 adviser and although I love make up and have a saleing background I don't think I've got much chance of getting it as I have no make-up experience ( apart from doing my own/ mums) haha guess you never know though :smile: good luck with all your applications :smile: x

Thanks!Im dreading it!And haha i've only done my own makeup & applied for the No7 advisor aswell haha x
Original post by Jennienarwin
Haha i agree!More like a monkey with a computer!XD & yeah i just answered honestly, i mean they look for someone who is always postive & optimistic so i just went with the answers relating to that,hopefully it all goes well.It's so hard to find a job nowadays!:frown:Just want to work so i can gain experience & help with university fees.They still haven't got back to me,so fingers crossed!Good luck with yours :smile:

I got an email back earlier today saying I failed to meet the minimum requirements and can't apply for a job again for 15 MONTHS ! 15 months , do you know how much can happen in such a space of time ? Lol I could win the lottery and buy boots but still couldn't aply looooool. Would have to be one of the worst pshycometric tests ever , the most stupid , repetitive questions I have ever seen ... I hope Boots ends up closing down for ever like Woolworths or something hahahaha
Reply 9
Original post by Jaegon Targaryen
I got an email back earlier today saying I failed to meet the minimum requirements and can't apply for a job again for 15 MONTHS ! 15 months , do you know how much can happen in such a space of time ? Lol I could win the lottery and buy boots but still couldn't aply looooool. Would have to be one of the worst pshycometric tests ever , the most stupid , repetitive questions I have ever seen ... I hope Boots ends up closing down for ever like Woolworths or something hahahaha

Ohh sorry to hear about that,it's their loss anyway!:smile:And haha yeah if you do tend to win the lottery,make sure you do buy boots & hire people like me maybe!:smile:LOL.I still haven't heard anything back from them yet,i usually get an email the next day if i failed so hopefully this time i passed,but im so impatient,like hurry up already!:mad:
Reply 10
I have a job at a boots branch currently and I heard back from them about the questionnaire within a few days. If you have any questions feel free to ask :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 11
Original post by LisaG1794
I have a job at a boots branch currently and I heard back from them about the questionnaire within a few days. If you have any questions feel free to ask :smile:

Hey :smile: I just want to ask if you have failed,would they tend to email you the next day?Cause i applied yesterday & I still haven't received an email from them as for the last time i had applied,i received an email the next day saying I was unsucessful.Do they look at work experience more?Thanks for your help hun!:smile: x
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 12
Ohh sorry to hear about that,it's their loss anyway!:smile:And haha yeah if you do tend to win the lottery,make sure you do buy boots & hire people like me maybe!:smile:LOL.I still haven't heard anything back from them yet,i usually get an email the next day if i failed so hopefully this time i passed,but im so impatient,like hurry up already!:mad:

I guess it would depend on how many people applied and when the closing deadline is. If loads of people applied, even if it is done by computer, it could be a lot of applications to process. And as you only applied yesterday, very few jobs can get back to you within 24 hours so just be patient, you have to go through the interview process afterwards anyway which would take even longer. Which position have you applied to?

Reply 13
I guess it would depend on how many people applied and when the closing deadline is. If loads of people applied, even if it is done by computer, it could be a lot of applications to process. And as you only applied yesterday, very few jobs can get back to you within 24 hours so just be patient, you have to go through the interview process afterwards anyway which would take even longer. Which position have you applied to?

Customer assistant & yeah that's true.My impatience is like a little kid waiting for the ice cream van!lol.I'll be gutted if i dont get the job as ive been working as a sales assistant for 3 years at my last job.I hear they look for mostly postive & sociable collegues which i read on their site so i chose answers relating to that on the personality questions.Compared to last time i chose answers like 'Im quick at making decisions' etc.
Reply 14
The questionnaire would always be difficult as you can't tell what they're asking for. In my opinion, the interview was easier and normally I'm quite quiet so I was nervous but it turned out great :smile:

Reply 15
Thanks!Im dreading it!And haha i've only done my own makeup & applied for the No7 advisor aswell haha x

Let me know how you get on :smile:
Fingers crossed for you
X
Reply 16
The questionnaire would always be difficult as you can't tell what they're asking for. In my opinion, the interview was easier and normally I'm quite quiet so I was nervous but it turned out great :smile:

I received an email today saying my application is now being processed to an interviewer & will be called for an interview within the next 2 weeks!So i passed it!:biggrin: How did the interview go for you?What type of questions did they ask?
Reply 17
Original post by bellyboo
Let me know how you get on :smile:
Fingers crossed for you
X

Hey I've passed the questionaire!:biggrin:Just waiting to be called for an interview soon :biggrin: x
Reply 18
Hey I've passed the questionaire!:biggrin:Just waiting to be called for an interview soon :biggrin: x

wow quick reply :biggrin: well done & good luck with your interview! x

Well done ! I hope you get the job :biggrin:

. Boots can go screw itself :angry: 15 months for failing a retarded set of questions which dont reflect in the slightest the capabilities of a potential employee.:angry::angry::angry: Well done though :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest