The Student Room Group

Ellb3 revision

Hi guys, how are you revising for this exam?
What are effective ways to revise for English etc.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Williams95
Hi guys, how are you revising for this exam?
What are effective ways to revise for English etc.

Is this AQA and the crucible/unseen text?
Reply 2
Original post by und3niable_
Is this AQA and the crucible/unseen text?

Sorry, yes. Well I'm doing King Lear and then the unseen text, are you doing it too?
Sorry, yes. Well I'm doing King Lear and then the unseen text, are you doing it too?

Yeah, but our drama is The crucible by arthur miller. I'm okay for the unseen and I done a mock a fortnight ago.

How have you been prepearing for the drama question?
Reply 4
Yeah, but our drama is The crucible by arthur miller. I'm okay for the unseen and I done a mock a fortnight ago.

How have you been prepearing for the drama question?

Ah okay cool. Done like 2 mocks a while ago but haven't really done any revision on that side, just the unseen. Do you know any good ways to revise the drama?
Ah okay cool. Done like 2 mocks a while ago but haven't really done any revision on that side, just the unseen. Do you know any good ways to revise the drama?

No idea..so far I've just been writing out essays my teacher gave me and applying the techniques I've learnt for talk in life..glad to see I'm not the only one who's quite confused. Hopefully things become clearer closer to the exam!:smile:
Reply 6
No idea..so far I've just been writing out essays my teacher gave me and applying the techniques I've learnt for talk in life..glad to see I'm not the only one who's quite confused. Hopefully things become clearer closer to the exam!:smile:

Yeah i've been looking for forums on this but not really found any relevant so made this :smile:. Are you doing the essays whilst looking at your notes atm? :smile:
Yeah i've been looking for forums on this but not really found any relevant so made this :smile:. Are you doing the essays whilst looking at your notes atm? :smile:

Sort of...because in my exam I'm gonna get given an extract and all I need to do is apply my knowledge of the text, analysis of spoken language and the extract. I think that's the most preparation I'm gonna get aha but I have used my notes so far. As I learn the context etc better, I shan't need them. I don't have many notes anyway :smile:

My lessons never feel very productive, we just read and analyse extracts. Seems more like a monotonous drama lesson:confused:
Reply 8
Sort of...because in my exam I'm gonna get given an extract and all I need to do is apply my knowledge of the text, analysis of spoken language and the extract. I think that's the most preparation I'm gonna get aha but I have used my notes so far. As I learn the context etc better, I shan't need them. I don't have many notes anyway :smile:

My lessons never feel very productive, we just read and analyse extracts. Seems more like a monotonous drama lesson:confused:

I agree, there's too much here where do we start... that's how i feel haha. What method helps you revise best?
I agree, there's too much here where do we start... that's how i feel haha. What method helps you revise best?

Just reading through the text and writing notes.. As for the unseen, practicing by writing on random literary texts
Reply 10
Just reading through the text and writing notes.. As for the unseen, practicing by writing on random literary texts

Okay (:. You aiming to do a certain amount of hours today?
Okay (:. You aiming to do a certain amount of hours today?

Nah :tongue: I need to get to grips with my law unit until the end of next week then ill sort it. How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Nah :tongue: I need to get to grips with my law unit until the end of next week then ill sort it. How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah :tongue: . Revision confuses me i always think at the time is this worth it but i'm starting to remember bits of the english now i guess haha :smile:. Done about an hour and a half but not doing much more today
Ah :tongue: . Revision confuses me i always think at the time is this worth it but i'm starting to remember bits of the english now i guess haha :smile:. Done about an hour and a half but not doing much more today

AH good :biggrin:
what and where are u studying at uni?
Reply 15
what and where are u studying at uni?

Having a gap year but hoping for UWE, how about you?
Having a gap year but hoping for UWE, how about you?

UEA :smile:
Reply 17
UEA :smile:

cool :smile: . what grade do you want/predicted in english?
cool :smile: . what grade do you want/predicted in english?

B, not sure if I'll get it though. you? Being so unproductive wih revision, this year is going too fast! :frown:
Reply 19
B, not sure if I'll get it though. you? Being so unproductive wih revision, this year is going too fast! :frown:

Me too, i'm gonna try get the revision head on haha and you're right. Finished the cw? What grade did you get for that?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending