Lower sixth - I'll be finishing A2 Maths this year though :wink:

Year 12? :redface: That's definitely not fair! I want your brains :frown:
Original post by x-Sophie-x
Year 12? :redface: That's definitely not fair! I want your brains :frown:

Yeah, they call it lower 6th at my school for some reason xD

You mean these brainz?

Spoiler

Ha, you can't touch this :wink: :smug:

I'm applying for maths next year anyway so I should hope my trig's up to scratch :redface: Yourself? :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 24
Original post by Felix Felicis
Yeah, they call it lower 6th at my school for some reason xD

You mean these brainz?

Spoiler

Ha, you can't touch this :wink: :smug:

I'm applying for maths next year anyway so I should hope my trig's up to scratch :redface: Yourself? :smile:

Haha :smile:

Go you :smile: that sounds amazing

Chemical engineering, I think. And I've heard its very mathsy which is not good :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha :smile:

Go you :smile: that sounds amazing

Chemical engineering, I think. And I've heard its very mathsy which is not good :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maths is amazing :wink:

Ah, I see! My brother was considering that actually - he read a book about it and got some work experience and said it was pretty boring :L Not that I'm trying to deter you or anything, have fun! :wink:

Ah, I see! My brother was considering that actually - he read a book about it and got some work experience and said it was pretty boring :L Not that I'm trying to deter you or anything, have fun! :wink:

Agree with that, but the A-level syllabus sucks :angry:
Original post by Indeterminate
Agree with that, but the A-level syllabus sucks :angry:

I agree with you about the normal maths but I quite like FM :redface: Especially FP2/bits of 3 and the later mechanics modules are quite interesting I thought :redface: Having said that, I haven't delved into any uni maths so I'm sure it's far more interesting :wink: Quite like the look of analysis :redface:
Reply 28

Hmm. The fact youre going to do a maths degree is amazing. But maths is not amazing.

Oh right. Well I'm not sure about it yet, I need to secure some work experience before I decide :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hmm. The fact youre going to do a maths degree is amazing. But maths is not amazing.

Oh right. Well I'm not sure about it yet, I need to secure some work experience before I decide :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:O Blasphemy! Sacrilege! :colonhash: Maths is completely amazing :tongue:

Have fun :wink: I hear Imperial recently got some new high-tech chairs that cost >£1 000 a piece because people have to sit on them for like 9 hours or something :wink:
Reply 30
:O Blasphemy! Sacrilege! :colonhash: Maths is completely amazing :tongue:

Have fun :wink: I hear Imperial recently got some new high-tech chairs that cost >£1 000 a piece because people have to sit on them for like 9 hours or something :wink:

Sorry, but science is far more interesting.

Oh I will.
That's ridiculous!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry, but science is far more interesting.

Oh I will.
That's ridiculous!

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're just asking for a fight :tongue:

I agree that science is interesting in general, but really not at A-level! A-level physics just seems far too fragmented because you don't learn the actual maths involved with a lot of the concepts and A-level chemistry is seriously draining any interest I had in it from GCSE :redface: Reaction mechanisms :eviltongue:
Reply 32
You're just asking for a fight :tongue:

I agree that science is interesting in general, but really not at A-level! A-level physics just seems far too fragmented because you don't learn the actual maths involved with a lot of the concepts and A-level chemistry is seriously draining any interest I had in it from GCSE :redface: Reaction mechanisms :eviltongue:

Indeed.

Well, you need to understand the basics before you get to the good stuff, I suppose.
Oh shut up, reaction mechanisms are lovely! :tongue:

Science is the future. I haven't exactly heard anything about maths and the future. It's just plain, pointless maths. God knows why I took it for A-level.
Indeed.

Well, you need to understand the basics before you get to the good stuff, I suppose.
Oh shut up, reaction mechanisms are lovely! :tongue:

Science is the future. I haven't exactly heard anything about maths and the future. It's just plain, pointless maths. God knows why I took it for A-level.

Still, A-level physics is far too void of maths for my liking :tongue: You're joking!? No one likes organic chemistry! Aldehyde this, acidified potassium dichromate that, sickening! :tongue:

Are you trolling? :eyebrow: Science is the baby of mathematics! Science and mathematics are symbiotic - if science existed without maths, we'd be decades behind our time o.o
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 34
Still, A-level physics is far too void of maths for my liking :tongue: You're joking!? No one likes organic chemistry! Aldehyde this, acidified potassium dichromate that, sickening! :tongue:

Are you trolling? :eyebrow: Science is the baby of mathematics! Science and mathematics are symbiotic - if science existed without maths, we'd be decades behind our time o.o

Not a joke at all. Speak for yourself, I genuinely enjoy it!
Trig and integration and stupid graphs are sickening!

Ha, I am not trolling! But you're right, I give you that.
Science is still better, however as I'm out of arguments, I better shut up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not a joke at all. Speak for yourself, I genuinely enjoy it!
Trig and integration and stupid graphs are sickening!

Ha, I am not trolling! But you're right, I give you that.
Science is still better, however as I'm out of arguments, I better shut up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah right, organic chemistry is the bane of my existence :afraid: Blergh, agree to disagree.

Spoiler

I win, as always :smug: It's just not science which maths has applications in, the list goes on! Econometrics off the top of my head and I'm sure you know that number theory's used in cryptography
Reply 36
Yeah right, organic chemistry is the bane of my existence :afraid: Blergh, agree to disagree.

Spoiler

I win, as always :smug: It's just not science which maths has applications in, the list goes on! Econometrics off the top of my head and I'm sure you know that number theory's used in cryptography

Without organic chemistry, the world wouldn't be what it is today.

Is not! :tongue:

Ergh, alright! Valid point, but I don't want to accept it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Without organic chemistry, the world wouldn't be what it is today.

Is not! :tongue:

Ergh, alright! Valid point, but I don't want to accept it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I'd be a lot more sane :tongue: Kidding, of course it wouldn't, unlike you I can actually appreciate the importance of what I don't enjoy! :wink: Seriously, I want a piece of whatever the hell whoever pioneered organic chemistry was smoking - must've been some incredible **** to actually make you enjoy that **** :tongue:

Is too! :smug:

Hahaha! xD What do you mean "God knows why you took maths for A-level" anyway - you want to do Chemical Engineering! That's pretty much all Physics and Maths anyway from what I hear xD
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 38
Yeah, I'd be a lot more sane :tongue: Kidding, of course it wouldn't, unlike you I can actually appreciate the importance of what I don't enjoy! :wink: Seriously, I want a piece of whatever the hell whoever pioneered organic chemistry was smoking - must've been some incredible $h!t to actually make you enjoy that **** :tongue:

Is too! :smug:

Hahaha! xD What do you mean "God knows why you took maths for A-level" anyway - you want to do Chemical Engineering! That's pretty much all Physics and Maths anyway from what I hear xD

Oii, I can appreciate things I don't enjoy, if I choose to!

Don't dis chemistry..tis not **** at all!

It's truee. I love things chemistry related, but I hate maths. And maths that involves chemistry is just about bearable. That make any sense?

I know, that's what irritates me so much..'chemical engineering' should be about 'chemistry'!
I'm undecided though; a while ago I wanted to do aeronautical engineering, and before that I wanted to be a cardiac surgeon :L

Posted from TSR Mobile
Afted reading this thread i was wondering weather you can help me. Im seriously stuck on 3D phythagoras. Just struggle to find the first trinagle.. :-(

Quick Reply

Latest