The Student Room Group

North Korea, China and Russia vs the world?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DaniilKaya
No dollars, no problems with economy

India is on the side of Russia, Israel is on the side of USA And in the case of the Arab-Israeli conflict to the level of war it may be direct or indirect confrontation between the nuclear powers - the U.S. and Russia

You seem to have no grasp of international relations. "India is on the side of Russia"...therefore it will annihilate an entire state? So you argue that by abolishing the dollar suddenly Russia will become some kind of hyperpower? How exactly? Do you gauge your arguments from YouTube videos and comments? Seems likely.

based on armed forces and their potential RUSSIA>usa

EU is licking Russian gas and oil. RUSSIA>eu

Economy of Russia is constantly developing
EU economy plunges into recession

The Russian economy is almost entirely based on energy. I would not get too high and mighty about "licking gas and oil", as if the EU did not do so, then your state would collapse. But of course no Russian/Soviet state has ever collapsed....oh wait
Reply 41
The likes of Russia, USA, China and India are far too dependent on one another (economically and otherwise) to ever be involved in orthodox conflict. What's more likely is another cold war situation, where wars are fought by proxy (Vietnam etc) - but even that's highly unlikely.

As for North Korea, it just seems like a whole load of posturing to me but who knows what's going through that nutter's head. Don't underestimate China's interest there, though. The importance of having a buffer state and the prospect of having a unified, western influenced Korea on their doorstep is probably what keeps them from removing the North Korean regime themselves.
Original post by Pn94
The likes of Russia, USA, China and India are far too dependent on one another (economically and otherwise) to ever be involved in orthodox conflict. What's more likely is another cold war situation, where wars are fought by proxy (Vietnam etc) - but even that's highly unlikely.

As for North Korea, it just seems like a whole load of posturing to me but who knows what's going through that nutter's head. Don't underestimate China's interest there, though. The importance of having a buffer state and the prospect of having a unified, western influenced Korea on their doorstep is probably what keeps them from removing the North Korean regime themselves.
I think that we are coming to a point where the Chinese will simply not care that the North Korean Government gets toppled, and Korea is united under a capitalist regime. The reason for his is, it is getting the point that NK is nothing more than a pain to the Chinese authorities, and they are getting fed up of subsidising them. There is a lot of anger in China at the moment, and it is directed at Kim Jong-Un.
Original post by CelticSymphony67
I think that we are coming to a point where the Chinese will simply not care that the North Korean Government gets toppled, and Korea is united under a capitalist regime. The reason for his is, it is getting the point that NK is nothing more than a pain to the Chinese authorities, and they are getting fed up of subsidising them. There is a lot of anger in China at the moment, and it is directed at Kim Jong-Un.

Spot on. The whole ethos of Chinese politics at the moment is stability. Stability is something that Kim Jong Un seems to be jeopardising more and more at the moment. The issue is that the downfall of Kim and the reunification of Korea would tip the balance of power contra China - its debatable as to how they would react to a massive US force on its border. I would say not very well! A potential "get out of jail free card" would be to allow the Chinese to lead a UN force to topple Kim if things get out of hand. This though is highly unlikely!
Original post by jamesrobbo1
Spot on. The whole ethos of Chinese politics at the moment is stability. Stability is something that Kim Jong Un seems to be jeopardising more and more at the moment. The issue is that the downfall of Kim and the reunification of Korea would tip the balance of power contra China - its debatable as to how they would react to a massive US force on its border. I would say not very well! A potential "get out of jail free card" would be to allow the Chinese to lead a UN force to topple Kim if things get out of hand. This though is highly unlikely!
In an ideal world, China would take charge here and topple the NK regime. After all, they are supposed to be a superpower now, so they should sort this retard out. I do think the people who think that North Korea have not got the capability to attack US forces in the region could well be in for a nasty surprise. This guy has said he has approved the use of Nuclear weapons and the NK Army to attack US interests. What else has he got to say? He is either going to:

1. Back Down.
2. US backs down
3. He fires rockets at Guam
4. He attacks the DMZ and Seoul

I for one think he will go with option 4. The problem with this is, SK and the US will strike back at NK on the DMZ, and this is when it will start to go wrong. I would be surprised if we do not see some sort of conflict.
In an ideal world, China would take charge here and topple the NK regime. After all, they are supposed to be a superpower now, so they should sort this retard out. I do think the people who think that North Korea have not got the capability to attack US forces in the region could well be in for a nasty surprise. This guy has said he has approved the use of Nuclear weapons and the NK Army to attack US interests. What else has he got to say? He is either going to:

1. Back Down.
2. US backs down

I for one think he will go with option 4. The problem with this is, SK and the US will strike back at NK on the DMZ, and this is when it will start to go wrong. I would be surprised if we do not see some sort of conflict.

My point exactly - A Chinese led contingent could appease all sides (apart from the obvious one), and once and for all destroy the Kim dynasty.

I think that Kim has been bluffing hitherto to solidify his name and consolidate power. The problem is now he has taken it to another extreme and many of his own will be expecting a real kinetic strike as opposed to continuous rhetoric. He has really backed himself into a corner - how can he save face now?

Too many sceptics are quick to say "he cant do this, he wont do that", or "the US will annihilate them". The latter is true - but at what cost? Seoul will be smashed to pieces, and this could all occur because of a small misunderstanding.

Kim has legitimised his position via rhetoric - I, humbly, think he has taken it too far now, war or not, he cannot gain from this.
More chance of this guy attacking the US than Saddam Hussein when he was in charge of Iraq. Look what happened to him.
People love musing over the notion of Armageddon.

In reality, China and Russia are far less warmongering than us or our allies. They refuse to be involved with other people's conflicts whilst we seek out involvement in such conflicts.

China and Russia have leaders who are corrupt and oppressive - but who are pragmatic and sane - and who would never engage in a nuclear war unless directly attacked by nuclear weapons.
Reply 48

I can't see China being happy with North Korea transforming into a puppet of the west (which is effectively what SK is). They may be becoming a pain, but they currently have an influence on North Korea - something they most likely wouldn't if the regime fell. They obviously don't want conflict either, so they'll attempt to pursue a diplomatic approach.

1. Back Down.
2. US backs down

I still think nothing will happen but I agree that NK attacking Seoul is the plausible danger here. Even with the use of conventional artillery, Seoul could be utterly levelled within hours when you consider its close proximity to the North. That it's a huge metropolitan area means that this could result in many, many deaths. A ground invasion wouldn't be even be necessary..
Original post by Pn94
I still think nothing will happen but I agree that NK attacking Seoul is the plausible danger here. Even with the use of conventional artillery, Seoul could be utterly levelled within hours when you consider its close proximity to the North. That it's a huge metropolitan area means that this could result in many, many deaths. A ground invasion wouldn't be even be necessary..
I hope you are right. The problem here is, Kim Jong Un, being a young and inexperienced leader, has backed himself so far into a corner, that the only way I can see him getting out of it, is by fighting. His Father and Grandfather also used Warlike anti-western rhetoric, but they knew when to stop and put a lid on it. Kim Jong Un has gone way passed that.
Russian-chinese relationship has long and big history. They will be together during WWIII 100%
Who will win the war - Russia and China
Explanation: American's anti-air warfare lost its reputation after USSR's creation of РТ-2ПМ2 «Тополь-М».Now USA is powerless against this "old" continental missile.
From now and 2015 Russia is going to send !50! military satellites that will run radio frequency infrared rays - every rocket will explode on the spot!!!!
From now to 2016 Russia is going to build:
-600 aircrafts(T-50,MIG-35 and SU - 37 - BEST Aircraft)(nuclear)
-1000 helicopters(MI-28HM,KA-52 BEST helicopters)
-10 divisions of space defense troops with 8 anti-aircraft missiles each (C-400)In the total of 80 C-400s!!!!! This machine can shoot 2 missiles per minute. In overall 320 missiles per minute!!!!! (nuclear)
-20!!!!strategic nuclear submarines(nuclear)

While Russia is destroying America
China will destroy Europe
And India will destroy ISRAEL

If we are meant to choose an ally from Israel and India - we would go for Israel...
Reply 51
I hope you are right. The problem here is, Kim Jong Un, being a young and inexperienced leader, has backed himself so far into a corner, that the only way I can see him getting out of it, is by fighting. His Father and Grandfather also used Warlike anti-western rhetoric, but they knew when to stop and put a lid on it. Kim Jong Un has gone way passed that.

Somehow, I don't think he wants to fight. Kim Jong-un should at least be sane enough to realise that he is not going to win a war against the rest of the world without resources/technologically superior weapons/allies.

TBH I think he just wants to boost national morale and establish himself as NK's supreme leader.
What about Cuba? Fidel Castro recently stated that the were still allies with NK (albeit whilst reprimanding them for nukes).
I doubt anything will happen. It's all rhetoric. I assume China has a close eye on happenings and will be watching and monitoring every move Kim makes. An attack on Seoul is a possibility and could wipe out millions of people, but in reality this is very unlikely. Even Kim has a brain.
Reply 54
Chinas support for the DPRK is hardly great, sure they might not take it well if American crapped in their back garden but i doubt theyd go suicidal overit and Russia is unlikely to back them up to any large degree, theyre business partners nothing more.. Russia seems to have a nice policy of not maintaining allies with any country unless theyre useful... also given china and russias history its a marvel theyre actually getting along relatively well at the moment.
Original post by cl_steele
Chinas support for the DPRK is hardly great, sure they might not take it well if American crapped in their back garden but i doubt theyd go suicidal overit and Russia is unlikely to back them up to any large degree, theyre business partners nothing more.. Russia seems to have a nice policy of not maintaining allies with any country unless theyre useful... also given china and russias history its a marvel theyre actually getting along relatively well at the moment.

History tells that Russia was always the biggest enemy of China, while US was the nicest friend.
Original post by ChelseaFCCC
North Korea, China and Russia vs the world?

Sounds like a Scott Pilgrim sequel.
Reply 57
China will back North korea even if it means sacrificing itself in order to get rid of Russia. Fact

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending