The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chigyy
Great win, healthy lead to take to Moscow. However I still think we could tighten up a bit defensively, other than that perfect performance. Everyone played well, and well done to Torres, confidence back? Meh a bit to far.

Never mind, I didn't see the edit.
Reply 361
Original post by jam277
Not a great win. Professional's the more fitting word. Torres well we need to rotate a little so ba should play on saturday with torres on as a sub. But good to see both our strikers playing well though.

I based it on the result, we played good football. Perhaps we could do better at keeping the ball, and as always tighten up defensively. But in the end, the score is what matters and it's a healthy lead to take to Moscow.
Why does Torres only play good in the Europa Cup?
Can't see us loosing. Now there's no excuse to not beat Sunderland. Won't be an easy game but we need to win.
Original post by cleveradam
Why does Torres only play good in the Europa Cup?
Can't see us loosing. Now there's no excuse to not beat Sunderland. Won't be an easy game but we need to win.

Whichever side we put out should be good enough to beat a fairly weak Sunderland side. I can see Oscar and Hazard starting seeing as they were benched today, giving Mata a rest, seeing we're adamant about rotation.
Original post by KingMessi
Whichever side we put out should be good enough to beat a fairly weak Sunderland side. I can see Oscar and Hazard starting seeing as they were benched today, giving Mata a rest, seeing we're adamant about rotation.

I like the idea that Ba will starts the PL games and Nando the Europa

"Haters gonna hate"
Original post by dan94adibi
I like the idea that Ba will starts the PL games and Nando the Europa

Yes, it seems to be working well currently.

Torres passed the thirty-goal mark for Chelsea tonight. His record now reads 31 in 119. I can't believe he's played one hundred times for us - time passes quickly.
Reply 367
Original post by Isometrix

"Haters gonna hate"

Is that a falcon?
The 3 players in the image who normally play pretty awful for us played very good today.
The 3 players in the image who normally play pretty awful for us played very good today.

I wouldn't say that Bertrand is normally awful...:confused:
Original post by jam277
Is that a falcon?

lol wut?
Reply 371

2. Bertrand doesn't play awful for us. Bar the shaktar game(where the same thing happened to cole) I haven't seen him being given a major runaround.
Original post by Isometrix
lol wut?

Look at torres, he looks like a bird with that mask on :rofl2:
Original post by jam277

Look at torres, he looks like a bird with that mask on :rofl2:

Looks like a boss tbf :colonhash:
Just got back, great night considering us, Tottenham and Newcastle. Benayoun was surprisingly good. As was Bertrand

Swear there was only 20 Rubin Kazan fans in the away section.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 374
Guess it's looking like we're gonna be the only ones in the semi atm. Newcastle always had it against them. Watched that match on the side and it reminded me a lot like how we played vs napoli last season, getting in front then getting domed afterwards.

Though newcastle did have their chances so it's not over with the away goal.

Totts are without bale but hopefully they can go through. Would love to face them. Really want an all english final considering our failures in the CL.
(edited 11 years ago)
Paolo Di Canio at the Bridge on Sunday! Will be entertaining.
I'm just wondering, I don't remember it all that much, but prior to the acquisition of Chelsea by RA, were we really struggling to beat the London teams? Someone said this somewhere else and I'm wondering if this was true
Reply 377
Original post by Cannotbelieveit
Just got back, great night considering us, Tottenham and Newcastle. Benayoun was surprisingly good. As was Bertrand

Swear there was only 20 Rubin Kazan fans in the away section.

Apparently the actual total was 47...

Original post by The Assassin
I'm just wondering, I don't remember it all that much, but prior to the acquisition of Chelsea by RA, were we really struggling to beat the London teams? Someone said this somewhere else and I'm wondering if this was true

Not sure about other London teams but I know we always used to beat Spurs. Hence the nickname 3 point lane.
Ty for the response Tweek - repped.

Also, I wonder who Benitez will put against Spurs - Torres or Ba? Maybe not in the Spurs game, but I'd like to see Ba and Torres play together tbh.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/apr/04/fernando-torres-key-chelsea-run-in
Original post by The Assassin

Wouldnt say really struggling, but Chelsea coming to Highbury was never anything to lose sleep over back in the day. Cant remember Chelsea particularly struggling against London teams though.

Anyone remember the Chelsea 2 Arsenal 3 game at the Bridge around 1999? Kanuuuuuu!!!!!!!!! :biggrin:

Latest