The Student Room Group

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Grad Scheme 2013

Hghhj
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Aliyam91
Hghhj

I couldn't have put it better myself mate. Exactly.
Reply 2
My review of Enterprise Rent a Car -

Very greedy management, assistant and branch managers are paid a percentage of the branch profit each month. Therefore they keep staffing levels extremely low for their own gain, meaning everyone has to work overtime which is why they make you sign out of the European work directive. The position explains that you have to do 50 hours a week, and a normal working week is 8am-6pm with half day Saturdays every other week (which isn't too bad!). However the reality is you WILL be working 7.30am - 6.30pm on average every day, I have personally had to work from 7.30am to 10pm with a 20 minute break. When I refused to work later than this time I was disciplined and considered not to be a team player. If you have a family or social life this will be affected, the people that succeed and get promoted have nothing else except work and are happy to work whatever hours. You are told you will be paid overtime (minimum wage per hour), however management have the final say over time sheets and I have take photographs showing how my time sheets have been changed so I will not be paid overtime.

The position is advertised as a trainee manager, however every member of office staff is a trainee manager and have to do every job (expect to clean 4-8 cars a day) and drive a lot (4-6 hours a day), I once spent a whole day driving and was not given a break. It's like going into tescos, telling everyone they're a trainee manager but have to do everything. Don't expect to do corporate visits/marketing/real business like they advertise - this does not happen!

The job is primarily a sales position with very unrealistic targets (40% of customers to take add-ons), and the only way to get promoted is through hitting these targets - or you'll never be able to get to an assistant manager/ branch manager level. Miss-selling is promoted and encouraged, particularly desperate customers who really need a car - expect to pay a premium rate with add-ons included without your knowledge!

The pay is below minimum wage when you factor in the average amount of work you put in (54 hours a week, £17,500 salary ~ £6.23 an hour). Area managers are very good at talking a 'good game' making you feel like you'll be at their level in no time and how good the job really is. In reality without hitting sales targets, working 55+ hours a week and sucking up to management this will never happen. If you're prepared to work all hours and give up friends and family for work and money (albeit not that great money!) then enterprise is for you - otherwise I'd stay well away.

For reference the pay schemes are as follows:

Trainee Manager £17,5000
Management Trainee £18,500
Assistant manager £20,000 (very small percentage of branch profit)
Branch manage £20,000 (small percentage of branch profit, around 0.5%, about £600 per month)

If a branch regresses in profit the percentages paid to management levels are taken away the next month meaning they can be paid less than a TM! Perhaps this is one reason you are ridiculously overworked and understaffed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending