The Student Room Group

Arrogant Girls

Just have to get this off my chest. I keep noticing a breed of women that, when out:

Assume that anyone talking to them is interested in sleeping with them

Go to bars with the expectation of being bought drinks

Have a default defensive attitude when talking to guys.

Believe themselves to be more attractive than they actually are

Focus on the things that dissatisfy them in a relationship rather than the things that satisfy them

Complain that 'there aren't any good men out there, anymore'.

I find this really annoying sometimes; does anyone else have a similar experience?

I've also found that this is not the case in America - it's easier to meet people there because it's more natural to chat to strangers there.

Scroll to see replies

i believe the term is a bougie bitch. and yes unfortunately it is becoming more and more common
I have met a couple of girls who did one or two of the things you've written. But rarely have I seen someone do all 6! Of those you listed, I find that the two most common are:

Original post by Anonymous

This just becomes insulting. I'm friendly and outgoing but just because I'm a guy and am chatting to you doesn't mean that all I want is sex or to immediately hit on you in a creepy way! This one girl did exactly this - I was out with a few friends, met this girl, she seemed pretty nice and so we got talking. We went to get something to eat because both of us were quite hungry, so we left our group. When we got back, her friends started asking her if she was into me at all and she felt the need to make it incredibly obvious that she would never consider going out with me and would turn me down if I asked her to go home at the end of the night! I wasn't even interested in her!!!! I was just chatting to her as a friend. I thought it was quite arrogant to think just because I'm chatting to you in a friendly way, not even flirting, that I immediately fancy you!

I've found this a couple of times too. Some girls I used to be friends with in sixth form were great to talk to and hang out with one on one but in a group they were absolutely terrible. This one girl used to get quite aggressive with her jokes/banter, openly make fun of the boys (and even some of the girls). Started to annoy me and the rest of us like anything because it just wasn't funny!

Don't take me the wrong way, there are plenty of girls who are genuinely awesome! Plus, its not like us boys haven't got a bad trait or two :wink:
The girl who say, "oh all guys are the same" is what makes me laugh
Reply 4
We are constantly told, on here and in real life, that as a woman we can walk into any bar and get sex if we want to. This is said by men who feel they have a hard deal in life because they have to 'work' to get sex. Now is it any surprise that women have a 'default defensive attitude' when we are told that we can basically have sex any time we want and if we don't show that attitude we'll be accused of leading him on?
Reply 5
I haven't noticed what you've noticed, but then again, I wouldn't be able to tell if a girl thought I wanted to sleep with her or wanted to kill her.
Reply 6
It is annoying when girls think you're just trying to get with them, but then it's probably based on experience, a lot of guys do come on to them. The ones who expect drinks aren't a problem, just don't buy them drinks.
Reply 7
Original post by ArtGoblin
We are constantly told, on here and in real life, that as a woman we can walk into any bar and get sex if we want to. This is said by men who feel they have a hard deal in life because they have to 'work' to get sex. Now is it any surprise that women have a 'default defensive attitude' when we are told that we can basically have sex any time we want and if we don't show that attitude we'll be accused of leading him on?

I don't mean necessarily wanting sex. I'm in a relationship, and sometimes and out talking to another girl at the bar. Many times I suddenly hear the 'my boyfriend likes that too...' line which is abrupt and, well, arrogant.
Reply 8
Just have to get this off my chest. I keep noticing a breed of women that, when out:

Focus on the things that dissatisfy them in a relationship rather than the things that satisfy them

I find this really annoying sometimes; does anyone else have a similar experience?

I've also found that this is not the case in America - it's easier to meet people there because it's more natural to chat to strangers there.

It's called insecurity and a lack of self reflection. I wouldn't worry about it their not the brightest bunch in the world.

I'd like to say though, for every 1 of these types you come across, there's probably about 8 who are actually decent so these people are a minority. I just hope though that because you get people like this you won't judge the other 90% as the same.

Personally I find girls (and guys), the ego-junkies as I call it, hilarious.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Mankytoes
It is annoying when girls think you're just trying to get with them, but then it's probably based on experience, a lot of guys do come on to them. The ones who expect drinks aren't a problem, just don't buy them drinks.

I'm not sure that it always is based on experience, just assumption.

Just as an illustration, if a girl came up to me in a club, I wouldn't openly mock what they're saying and then turn to my friends. But this type of behaviour in girls is known as 'playing hard to get' and is, in my experience, much more common.
Reply 10
If all guys are the same why do girls take so long choosing one?
i have experienced someone who held all 6 of these traits, needless to say i ran lol.
I don't mean necessarily wanting sex. I'm in a relationship, and sometimes and out talking to another girl at the bar. Many times I suddenly hear the 'my boyfriend likes that too...' line which is abrupt and, well, arrogant.

That's it? She's just trying to clarify the situation so she doesn't lead you on, talk about a fuss about nothing. And why are you anon? Grow some balls.
Reply 13

I'm a girl. Yes a lot of my girlfriends do this. I wish I could offer you an answer but I just can't. I think it happens more when they go to university and get hit on a lot. They seem to think they can increase their standards dramatically and have this "sugar baby" mentality.

I think this is just girls being precautious. When you go to university and guys talk to you in club, 9/10 times they really do try to pull you. It gets annoying. We know not all guys are like this but when it happens so often you just lose hope.

well if it's happened a few times before they are going to expect it to happen again. I'd rather buy my own drinks though unless my guy friends offer. Then again I buy guys drinks too just out of niceness :smile:

On guard I suppose ?

If they get a lot of male attention then they are going to think this. Sorry but it's just the facts.

This one I cannot figure out and I hate it when all my friends complain about the little things guys do that bugs them instead of the millions of great things they've done. Nobody is perfect

Impatient? Tired of being let down? Lost hope? As much as they might say that we ALL know that's not true, it's just finding the right person takes time
Yes, I see this type a lot but I don't really care what they're up to. Just ignore it, not all women are arrogant snakes and not all men are controlled by their genitals.

As for getting "defensive" when guys talk to you in clubs, surely someone who goes clubbing regular knows the protocol. Guys go there with intent so I don't see the need to act offended each time it happens. Just brush it off.
I find it so annoying.

I remember one time when I saw a girl on her own looking in pretty bad shape so I started talking to her and tried to help her sober up with water. 10 mins later her loud mouth friend ran towards me and started shouting, threatening to kick me in the balls and stuff for trying it on with her.

I was just like woah - 2 things...

1. If you were such a good mate you wouldn't leave her in this vulnerable state to chase my mates winky

2. there was no flirting going on at all, we are both in stable relationships and I was simply making sure she was okay

Still she carried on shouting her mouth off threatening to 'end me' and this was coming from a little girl at uni.

Why SOME girls feel the need to act like every bloke that talks to a girl they don't know in a club is a rapist is beyond me.

Also girls that threaten to kick boys in the balls, please stop - that **** hurts . After all boys don't threaten to kick you in the ovaries....
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Treeroy
I wouldn't be able to tell if a girl thought I wanted to sleep with her or wanted to kill her.

Its easy to get those 2 mixed up. :confused: Just be careful where you put your "gun"!
Reply 17

Erm, maybe because if we're friendly and nice to guys in bars that we have no intention of "getting with" we're accused of leading them on? We seriously can't win, if we're friendly we're sluts that lead men on, and if we're not we're stuck up arrogant bitches.
Reply 18

What about guys who aren't prepared to put their name to generalised and opinionated views?
Reply 19
Original post by Mankytoes
That's it? She's just trying to clarify the situation so she doesn't lead you on, talk about a fuss about nothing. And why are you anon? Grow some balls.

That's probably true, but why don't I feel the need to 'casually' mention my girlfriend in conversation with any girl that starts talking to me.

I'm anonymous because in a conversation about relationships I might make a comment that reveals personal details. Not because I'm afraid to express my opinion. I'm not sure why you care, to be honest.

Latest

Trending

Trending