The Student Room Group

Has anyone been to Bravissimo for a fitting?

I'm heading there on Saturday to have a bra fitting appointment, as none of my bras seem to fit me. M&S have always been useless at fitting me and get it wrong every time, it's hardly a wonder 80% of women are wearing wrong bra sizes. I heard about Bravissimo and decided to give it a go, as I've heard they are really good with fittings and get it right in 99% of cases.

Has anyone had any experience with them, good or bad? Did you find it made a difference to how your bra felt?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jabberwox
I'm heading there on Saturday to have a bra fitting appointment, as none of my bras seem to fit me. M&S have always been useless at fitting me and get it wrong every time, it's hardly a wonder 80% of women are wearing wrong bra sizes. I heard about Bravissimo and decided to give it a go, as I've heard they are really good with fittings and get it right in 99% of cases.

Has anyone had any experience with them, good or bad? Did you find it made a difference to how your bra felt?

I had a fitting with them and it was a complete waste of time. They got the size wrong and insisted on trying me in styles that I didn't like or want. I felt practically bullied into buying the bra the woman pushed on me, and to be honest I've never worn it!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 2
Original post by myblueheaven339
I had a fitting with them and it was a complete waste of time. They got the size wrong and insisted on trying me in styles that I didn't like or want. I felt practically bullied into buying the bra the woman pushed on me, and to be honest I've never worn it!

Why you just didn't say strong 'no' to the woman trying to sell you bra that you didn't like?
urrrrgh bra fittings.
M&S and John Lewis are terrible.
I've found the La Senza where I live to be actually quite good at fittings.
I went to Bravissimo once, the fitting was good, but I thought all their bras were horrible.
So definitely go for the fitting at Bravissimo, but don't necessarily feel you have to actually buy a bra from there if they don't have any nice ones...you could just come away with knowledge of the right size for you and use that to choose a bra from another shop.
Although, finding nice DD+ bras in any shop...arrrgh, don't get me started...I found nice ones in La Senza, but that was last year and they've changed their stock since then and I'm not sure if they're selling many DD+ ones anymore :/
M&S are ****, the woman tried to kid me (flatter me) into buying a 32E once
Original post by iamsherlocked
urrrrgh bra fittings.
M&S and John Lewis are terrible.
I've found the La Senza where I live to be actually quite good at fittings.
I went to Bravissimo once, the fitting was good, but I thought all their bras were horrible.
So definitely go for the fitting at Bravissimo, but don't necessarily feel you have to actually buy a bra from there if they don't have any nice ones...you could just come away with knowledge of the right size for you and use that to choose a bra from another shop.
Although, finding nice DD+ bras in any shop...arrrgh, don't get me started...I found nice ones in La Senza, but that was last year and they've changed their stock since then and I'm not sure if they're selling many DD+ ones anymore :/

I find Freya bras are great for he larger chested lady. They usually sell them at debenhams and often have sales.

Original post by ForgetMe
Why you just didn't say strong 'no' to the woman trying to sell you bra that you didn't like?

I tried but in the end it was easier to stop arguing and buy the damn thing so I could leave.

Be prepared to have a hard sell pushed on you! You get taken to a cubicle, and when I say they measure you, they don't "believe" in using a measuring tape, they look at you in the bra you are wearing, and go off of that, despite the fact that it could be a completely different style, or could have shrunk in the wash over time etc. they then come back with a variety of bras they think will suit you (will try get you to buy) and then you feel like you have to buy one.

Couple of pointers: they hook the bra on the last row of hooks, and they pull the straps tight. So if you don't like wearing your bra like that then don't go there because that's how they fit it. The only good thing I learnt from them was to lean forward and jiggle about and shuffle the underwiring about so it was comfier.
Reply 8
Debenhams are bravissimo are great for bra fittings. I went in bravissimo in Cambridge, told the woman what size I was wearing, she took one look at me and told me my proper size and she was right. Of course they're going to try and sell you something thats their job.

Also bear in mind that different stores have different sizings just like clothes so get fitted in somewhere like debenhams as well and always try bras on before you buy.

For bigger busts stay away from high street shops and la sensa, their sizes are so off the mark but if you have a boux avenue go in there they're pretty good.
Reply 9
Also, if you go on brastop.com, they sell great bras for all kinds of random sizes and they have a bra fitting guide on there that will tell you exactly how a bra is supposed to fit, so you can know next time you try one on
Reply 10

Were the bras too tight? The bras they fit you in are meant to be tight at first apparently, because they offer you better support. That's why it's a shock for women who have spent years wearing bras and suddenly get a correct fitting.

Original post by tu_es_jolie_x
M&S are ****, the woman tried to kid me (flatter me) into buying a 32E once

They've told me for years I'm a 32D. I suffer terrible shoulder pain and back ache on a day to day basis. I think it's because they only go as low as 32 and were trying to sell me what they had available. They're awful.

Original post by Lexi99
Debenhams are bravissimo are great for bra fittings. I went in bravissimo in Cambridge, told the woman what size I was wearing, she took one look at me and told me my proper size and she was right. Of course they're going to try and sell you something thats their job.

Also bear in mind that different stores have different sizings just like clothes so get fitted in somewhere like debenhams as well and always try bras on before you buy.

For bigger busts stay away from high street shops and la sensa, their sizes are so off the mark but if you have a boux avenue go in there they're pretty good.

I'm going to the one in Cambridge :tongue: I hope they're polite and okay there. Last time I went to Debenhams I asked for a bra fitting and the staff told me to go away basically because they were too 'busy', so I'm avoiding it like the plague.

Original post by insignificant
Be prepared to have a hard sell pushed on you! You get taken to a cubicle, and when I say they measure you, they don't "believe" in using a measuring tape, they look at you in the bra you are wearing, and go off of that, despite the fact that it could be a completely different style, or could have shrunk in the wash over time etc. they then come back with a variety of bras they think will suit you (will try get you to buy) and then you feel like you have to buy one.

Couple of pointers: they hook the bra on the last row of hooks, and they pull the straps tight. So if you don't like wearing your bra like that then don't go there because that's how they fit it. The only good thing I learnt from them was to lean forward and jiggle about and shuffle the underwiring about so it was comfier.

I prefer tight to loose, but do the bras feel tight at the front below the boobs? That's what I truly can't stand. I can deal with it being tight at the back but just not on the front where I feel like I can't breathe.
Reply 11

I'm going to the one in Cambridge :tongue: I hope they're polite and okay there. Last time I went to Debenhams I asked for a bra fitting and the staff told me to go away basically because they were too 'busy', so I'm avoiding it like the plague.

I went in about 3 years ago now so might be different staff there, and i also went to a debenhams somewhere else so not much help there. Like i said though, have a look at a couple of online guides, it helps alot for you to know what your looking for as well as how it feels
Were the bras too tight? The bras they fit you in are meant to be tight at first apparently, because they offer you better support. That's why it's a shock for women who have spent years wearing bras and suddenly get a correct fitting.

They've told me for years I'm a 32D. I suffer terrible shoulder pain and back ache on a day to day basis. I think it's because they only go as low as 32 and were trying to sell me what they had available. They're awful.

I prefer tight to loose, but do the bras feel tight at the front below the boobs? That's what I truly can't stand. I can deal with it being tight at the back but just not on the front where I feel like I can't breathe.

They are tight. At one point they told me I was a 30 J and it was so tight I couldn't physically wear it through the day. Now I've lost weight I went back and it was still tight, tried a 32F and it felt better but the woman said she wouldn't let me walk away in a 34 , so I'm stuck with a 32 and I feel so SO much relief when I take it off at night. Also I don't know if I've lost more weight or there's something wrong with their bras but I bought a 32F sports bra because that's what she said fit, and a couple weeks later its already too big for me.

The cup size was way too small and the style wasn't the right style for my shape.

Reply 14
I've been into Bravissimo quite a few times and it's the only place I consistently get a good fit. They hook it onto the last hooks because of the natural wear of the bra, as it gets older and washed more the fit loosens so if it's on the last hooks new it should last longer. I do sometimes have problems finding a bra where the wires sit flush against my chest but that's more to do with my biology than their selection! I'll be going back again soon :smile:
Original post by insignificant

Considering it's very inaccurate to use a measuring tape to fit a bra I think bravissimo sound like they're doing it right. Plus you're supposed to have the bra on the loosest hook with the straps right, to make sure it's fitting.

I do hate the hard selling in places like that though, they charge a ridiculous amount for their bras!
Reply 16
I tried but in the end it was easier to stop arguing and buy the damn thing so I could leave.

The best option is just to walk away :wink:
Original post by ForgetMe
The best option is just to walk away :wink:

Well seeing as it was quite a long time ago now I'm not really that bothered, but thanks for your input.

Reply 18
Yes i went to nottingham..they were very nice and got me the right size i bought 2 bras but when i got home one was not the size i asked for..i didnt feel bullied..im glad there is now one in leicester as ive always had problems..il be giving them a try asap.

The service in the Oxford store is fantastic. They're friendly, knowledgable and helpful. The vibe is that there's a celebration of being a woman, and i think they do well to create such an atmosphere. Never had any issues.

Quick Reply

Latest