The Student Room Group

Guys are never interested in me

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tcrumpen
Yes you will pull, but it will be the wrong kinda guys, those kinda guys are single for a good reason

What, guys who find girls showing flesh attractive? Bloody hell, that's a lot of men you're condemning!
Reply 41
Original post by Mankytoes
What, guys who find girls showing flesh attractive? Bloody hell, that's a lot of men you're condemning!

I've seen those kinda men all too often, they are nothing but players, and dicks
Reply 42
Original post by Anonymous
I'm starting to wonder what is wrong with me :frown:

I've been told I'm attractive, have a decent body and a nice personality. I have no problem making friends with guys but they never see me as a potential gf, as a result I've never had a bf. I don't think there's ever been a guy who's actually fancied me in my whole life or if there is I've never noticed :s-smilie:

Any suggestions? It's really starting to affect my confidence

Send me a picture.
I've seen those kinda men all too often, they are nothing but players, and dicks

So if you see a nice looking, sexy girl in a club and want to pull her, you're a player or a dick. Hmm.
Reply 44
Original post by Mankytoes
So if you see a nice looking, sexy girl in a club and want to pull her, you're a player or a dick. Hmm.

believe me i've seen enough of these guys while at home and at uni to be able to get a first impression of a guy without even talking to em
Reply 45

I've been told I'm attractive, have a decent body and a nice personality. I have no problem making friends with guys but they never see me as a potential gf, as a result I've never had a bf. I don't think there's ever been a guy who's actually fancied me in my whole life or if there is I've never noticed :s-smilie:

Talk to a few guys,
Find one you really like,
Ask him to be your boyfriend,
"Would you like to be my boyfriend?"
Don't give him more than a week to decide :P.

If it doesn't work out because he thinks you're horrible or you think he's horrible...

Talk to a few more guys
Find one you really like,
Ask him to be your boyfriend.

Have fun with it.
Reply 46
I've been told I'm attractive, have a decent body and a nice personality.

It's funny cause everyone on this forum that say they lack attention from the opposite sex on this forum say they have been told this.
Reply 47
I completely disagree with anyone that says you need to concentrate more on your face e.g. cosmetics!! I'm a massive believer in natural beauty and I also believe that the perception of beauty is subjective. The right guy will notice you with or without cosmetics. Really, I would say that if you don't already wear cosmetics, don't start putting mass amounts on just to gain male attention, because you may attract the wrong people such as two-timers, cheats etc. If you already wear lots of cosmetics, maybe tone it down, let the guy see your natural beauty more because to be honest, that's what he's going to be seeing if he's in a relationship with you.

It's always good to go to the gym though, not so much for guys but for YOURSELF.

The right guy will come, just wait.
I feel the same way about girls not being interested in me
believe me i've seen enough of these guys while at home and at uni to be able to get a first impression of a guy without even talking to em

You can't possibly think you're the only one who has this basic life experience? You're clearly just prejudiced, you can't tell what someone is like just by seeing them in a club anymore than you can by the colour of their skin.
Reply 50
Original post by Millie228
- Take better care of yourself. You can probably look better than you do now - work out more, spend more time on your hair and clothes, experiment with makeup. Dress feminine and learn how to show off your best assets in an elegant way.
- Work on your attitude and body language. Smiley girls are pretty girls, posture is crucial and try not to have closed arms across your chest.
- Expand your social circle. Think about how often you actually meet new people. Get new hobbies and spare time activities.
- Go out more. Consider how often you're in a bar, dinner party or at a house party where there is a chance you can meet a guy and the setting is relaxed and social so that he might approach you.
- Be sweet, open, feminine and interested. Don't try to be always be "one of the guys", let yourself be the feminine one.

I go to the gym every day if possible, I spend time on my appearance (hair, makeup, clothes, etc. on a daily basis). Tend to wear dresses and skirts, love wearing heels :smile: I'm generally a happy friendly person and I have been watching my body language to see if its that. I work full time so don't have much time to go out but usually I'm out 2/3 times a week. I already spend quite a lot of time on my appearance and attitude, do I need to spend even more on it do you think? :s-smilie:
I go to the gym every day if possible, I spend time on my appearance (hair, makeup, clothes, etc. on a daily basis). Tend to wear dresses and skirts, love wearing heels :smile: I'm generally a happy friendly person and I have been watching my body language to see if its that. I work full time so don't have much time to go out but usually I'm out 2/3 times a week. I already spend quite a lot of time on my appearance and attitude, do I need to spend even more on it do you think? :s-smilie:

Just be yourself :smile: Don't spend hours on your appearance for sake of trying to atract someone. If your'e happy and smiley then that's what people find attractive :smile: Tbh, I'm in the same position, I have a lot of friends and I'm friendly and happy nearly alwasy yet guys never seem to be intested in me too :s-smilie:

No, don't, you sound great as you are. Just don't worry about it, you'll find someone who likes you.
Reply 53
I've seen plenty of what I'd consider very attractive falling at the first hurdle; not smiling or looking at you, and just being dissmissive. That, even if they are taken is a complete turn off.

Your time will come. I'm sure guys have been interested, but I don't see the issue with a girl going to a guy shes gotten used to, etc that there might be something with, and doing the asking out first. If you get rejected, you get rejected and move on.
Reply 54

Just wait, you'll find someone eventually :smile:
Original post by jellybeansnkmk
I feel the same. But my friend once sent me this photo. And i thought, i'll wait. :smile:

Abysmal post.
Reply 56

First of all, the amount of effort is not the only crucial thing. Although every attractive girl spends a reasonable time on her appearance, uneducated effort can be just as useless as no effort. It doesn't matter if you make efforts with your looks if it isn't the right effort. Do you dress after your body, have had an honest evaluation from (straight) men (who aren't trying to comfort your feelings) regarding your appearance? Do you know which makeup and hairstyle looks best on you?
Secondly, are you approachable? http://www.therulesrevisited.com/2011/09/how-to-make-yourself-approachable.html

I am not into the idea of "just wait" at all. Firstly because most people want to date, have experiences and beyond a certain point a woman has to meet eligible men if she's ever meant to find a life partner. Secondly because if a woman receives no romantic interest from men at all, something is wrong.
Yes, it takes time to find a person that is right for you. What that means is that you need to filter out the men who just want to get laid, the men who aren't right for you, those you aren't compatible with and so on. But there is usually a sample to filter from. Out of the men who approach a girl, only a few will be men she is attracted to. Out of those, some will ask for her number. Out of those, some will ask her out. And out of those she goes on a first date with, only a few will be a good match for her and someone she will take things further with. Some will find out she is not right for them either. The person who ends up being your boyfriend is statistically speaking one of many men you have been in contact with. The right guy for you won't come knocking at your door. Men approach women they are attracted to, whether it'd be for a shag, a fling or a relationship. All men have different taste but an attractive, approachable and feminine woman who's regularly out in social settings will always have men approaching her. The notion that "it just hasn't happened yet" is false. A woman who's been dating several men but haven't found a life partner yet, may say she just hasn't meet "the one". But since you aren't dating at all, the problem is somewhere else. It's not a coincidence - not if you're out regularly.

Be honest with yourself in assessing what is the problem.
Don't change yourself to please others, if you're happy with who you are why live up to someone else's standards? If you change yourself and then meet someone do they like you for you or the person you've made yourself into? Think about it.
The right person will come along when you least expect it, being on your own gives you time to enjoy the things that you want to do anyway, I've had my fair share of relationships and sometimes being on your own is better. Saves on the heartache anyway haha
Stop worrying that you're going to die alone with 60 cats, you won't. Focus on other things in life and it will happen when it's meant to! :smile:

We cant tell if it is due to appearances without a picture. Ive seen ugly girls who try really hard with makeup.
Reply 59
Original post by Ilyas
We cant tell if it is due to appearances without a picture. Ive seen ugly girls who try really hard with makeup.

I've been offered modelling contracts so I can't be hideous surely :confused: I tend to go with the natural 'no makeup' makeup look is that unappealing to guys?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending