The Student Room Group
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website

2013 Adult nursing interview at Canterbury Christ Church!

Had anybody got an interview at Canterbury Christ church for adult nursing? Is there a numeracy and literacy test and group interview or is it just one to one interview?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I had my interview at a selection day 2 weeks ago. Still waiting to hear back from them, apparently will know on 8 May. We had a literacy and numeracy assessment, a group discussion on a film clip we watched and then a 1-to-1 interview. The interview was quite laid back and more of an informal chat though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Lee23james
I had my interview at a selection day 2 weeks ago. Still waiting to hear back from them, apparently will know on 8 May. We had a literacy and numeracy assessment, a group discussion on a film clip we watched and then a 1-to-1 interview. The interview was quite laid back and more of an informal chat though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How did u find group interview? I am more worried about group interview than other because I am a very shy and a quite person. where else have u applied? Hope we both get an offer :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by sayara08
How did u find group interview? I am more worried about group interview than other because I am a very shy and a quite person. where else have u applied? Hope we both get an offer :smile:

I found the discussion and interview ok. I am shy and the type to sit back at say nothing.. But had to force myself out of my shell and was the first in our group to speak! The idea that I was against some other strong characters did concern me at the time! I've applied with CCCU, Greenwich, King's College and Surrey, been given offers at the latter three for Adult Nursing. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Hi guys,

I have a interview for adult nursing on thursday. was hoping someone could tell me about the numeracy and literacy tests? what were they like? im ridiculously bad at maths so Im very nervous :confused: is it hard to do well in? . Also what was the group interview like?? do you have to say alot? are the people interviewing nice?!

Thanks
Hey,

(I'm new on here)

I had my interview on the 1st of December and am starting next month :smile:

The Maths and English tests at the interview are ok. They aren't a pass or fail test, just to see how you do i think. I'm not very good at Maths either so had to do a GCSE equivalency Maths test. Though i'd fail but surprisingly i passed!!

I've heard they support you well through you course with Maths and don't forget it's not the main part of the course.

:smile:

Laura
I received a conditional offer today to study Adult Nursing at CCCU in September 2013.

I was so surprised to receive it so early, as on the day of my interview (15th March) we was told that we wouldn't hear anything until 8th May. I'm over the moon because Canterbury is where I want to study :biggrin:
Reply 7
Original post by naomiclare0412
I received a conditional offer today to study Adult Nursing at CCCU in September 2013.

I was so surprised to receive it so early, as on the day of my interview (15th March) we was told that we wouldn't hear anything until 8th May. I'm over the moon because Canterbury is where I want to study :biggrin:

Congrats on getting an offer. Canterbury is my first choice as well but they still haven't got back to me :frown:
Congratulations!! What campus are you starting at?
Original post by Laura_rose_666
Congratulations!! What campus are you starting at?

Thank you :smile: and the Canterbury campus, I'm so excited! Are you starting this September?
Hey I recently accepted my offer at CCCU, it's my firm choice!

Will be starting in September this year doing Adult Nursing! Anyone wanna be buddies?

xx
Original post by sayara08
Congrats on getting an offer. Canterbury is my first choice as well but they still haven't got back to me :frown:

Thank you! Best of luck! I'm sure they'll get back to you soon. What date was your interview? :smile:
Reply 12
Thank you! Best of luck! I'm sure they'll get back to you soon. What date was your interview? :smile:

It was on 22nd march :smile:
Reply 13
Hi everyone, Im going to be studying Adult Nursing in september at Canterbury :biggrin: and I was just wondering if anyone is 100% sure on the finance we can recieve?
I know we can apply for £2324 Maintenance Loan and our NHS bursary, is anybody aware of any other information or where i can find out this information? Every link i click on does not seem to give me a correct answer. Thankyou!
Original post by nysh123
Hi everyone, Im going to be studying Adult Nursing in september at Canterbury :biggrin: and I was just wondering if anyone is 100% sure on the finance we can recieve?
I know we can apply for £2324 Maintenance Loan and our NHS bursary, is anybody aware of any other information or where i can find out this information? Every link i click on does not seem to give me a correct answer. Thankyou!

Hey! :smile:

I've just recently finished my student finance and applying for the NHS bursary. when I was doing my student finance it said we're eligible for travel bursary too, which would come in handy as the placements at CCCU could be anywhere in the south east! (as i was told at the interview)
http://www.nhscareers.nhs.uk/explore-by-career/nursing/training-to-be-a-nurse/financial-support-for-pre-registration-nursing-students/ - this website is the best to see what finance we're going to receive, and then also look on student finance about the maintenance loan.

i'm getting so excited now, September cannot come quick enough :smile:
Im starting this month, on the 22nd. Getting nervous.. ekk!

I've just recently finished my student finance and applying for the NHS bursary. when I was doing my student finance it said we're eligible for travel bursary too, which would come in handy as the placements at CCCU could be anywhere in the south east! (as i was told at the interview)
http://www.nhscareers.nhs.uk/explore-by-career/nursing/training-to-be-a-nurse/financial-support-for-pre-registration-nursing-students/ - this website is the best to see what finance we're going to receive, and then also look on student finance about the maintenance loan.

You've applied already!? I read on a website that those applying for bursaries for Autumn 2013 won't be invited to the process until after this month...

http://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/Students/3266.aspx

To be honest, I have no idea about all this financial stuff! It's confusing me a lot and I'm just concerned about my revision right now! :frown:

I really can't wait to start either! Just want exams out of the way so I can enjoy my summer before starting :biggrin:
Reply 17

Thankyou :biggrin: im so excited to start too!! Do you live in Kent or are you gonna be moving over from somewherelse?
Reply 18
Original post by EmmaJWarren
Hey I recently accepted my offer at CCCU, it's my firm choice!

Will be starting in September this year doing Adult Nursing! Anyone wanna be buddies?

xx

Hey :biggrin: ,I firmed my choice for Canterbury aswell a week or so ago! Sooooo excited now. Cannot start soon enough. Was suprised to even hear back early as they said the 8th of May. Fingers crossed for all of you waiting to hear back, im sure it wont be too long :smile: xx
Original post by nysh123
Thankyou :biggrin: im so excited to start too!! Do you live in Kent or are you gonna be moving over from somewherelse?

:smile: I'm from Greater Manchester so will be moving down to Kent, i'm so excited for the change!! are you from Kent or is it going to be a new place for you too? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending