The Student Room Group

Trigonometry question

Scroll to see replies

Original post by x-Sophie-x
Oii, I can appreciate things I don't enjoy, if I choose to!

Don't dis chemistry..tis not **** at all!

It's truee. I love things chemistry related, but I hate maths. And maths that involves chemistry is just about bearable. That make any sense?

I know, that's what irritates me so much..'chemical engineering' should be about 'chemistry'!
I'm undecided though; a while ago I wanted to do aeronautical engineering, and before that I wanted to be a cardiac surgeon :L

Posted from TSR Mobile

Coming from the person who doesn't want to accept how useful maths is :L

Don't say maths is boring then! :wink:

Oh it makes sense! Of course the maths involved in chemistry is bearable - it's literally arithmetic and logs :L If you hate maths, you're gonna have a bad time with chemeng :wink:

That's what I thought - apparently not. Ha, if you abhor maths as much as you say, cardiac surgeon might be your best bet - least maths involved in that :L Haha, what's next, lawyer, pilot? xD
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Midnight1811
Afted reading this thread i was wondering weather you can help me. Im seriously stuck on 3D phythagoras. Just struggle to find the first trinagle.. :-(

Post the question?
Reply 42
Original post by Felix Felicis
Coming from the person who doesn't want to accept how useful maths is :L

Don't say maths is boring then! :wink:

Oh it makes sense! Of course the maths involved in chemistry is bearable - it's literally arithmetic and logs :L If you hate maths, you're gonna have a bad time with chemeng :wink:

That's what I thought - apparently not. Ha, if you abhor maths as much as you say, cardiac surgeon might be your best bet - least maths involved in that :L Haha, what's next?

Hmm.

Fine, its an utterly enlightening subject.

I know. That's my concern. I don't hate maths, I just find it pointless, at times.

Pilot? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hmm.

Fine, its an utterly enlightening subject.

I know. That's my concern. I don't hate maths, I just find it pointless, at times.

Pilot? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

And I suppose Chemistry can be interesting at times. :rolleyes:

Meh...I'd have to agree with you - if you're the kind of person who wants to study a subject for its applicability, A-level maths doesn't really put things into context...it's not even particularly great for those who like problem solving...it's just machining out answers after learning an algorithm :L

Awesome! :biggrin: I wanted to be a pilot when I was like 8...that or astronaut...my dream still lives on :moon:
Reply 44
And I suppose Chemistry can be interesting at times. :rolleyes:

Meh...I'd have to agree with you - if you're the kind of person who wants to study a subject for its applicability, A-level maths doesn't really put things into context...it's not even particularly great for those who like problem solving...it's just machining out answers after learning an algorithm :L

Awesome! :biggrin: I wanted to be a pilot when I was like 8...that or astronaut...my dream still lives on :moon:

Don't roll your eyes at me!

Finally! That's what I was trying to say!

So you wont pursue your dream?

But then I'm doomed to doing a physics degree..I.e. maths. Same problem :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't roll your eyes at me!

Finally! That's what I was trying to say!

So you wont pursue your dream?

But then I'm doomed to doing a physics degree..I.e. maths. Same problem :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Spoiler

:wink:

Still! It's an easy A/ A* at A-level - that counts for something :wink:

Of course I'll try! But I doubt I'll become an astronaut and will most likely have to resort to my back up :redface:

Do you necessarily have to do a physics degree to be a pilot? I was under the impression a degree wasn't even a prerequisite, but I may be wrong...
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 46
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Spoiler

:wink:

Still! It's an easy A/ A* at A-level - that counts for something :wink:

Of course I'll try! But I doubt I'll become an astronaut and will most likely have to resort to my back up :redface:

Do you necessarily have to do a physics degree to be a pilot? I was under the impression a degree wasn't even a prerequisite, but I may be wrong...

You're so nice -.-

For you maybe.

True. I'd love to become an astronaut, except I'm too short :frown:

No, you don't have to; its not necessary. But its the easiest way in, I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You're so nice -.-

For you maybe.

True. I'd love to become an astronaut, except I'm too short :frown:

No, you don't have to; its not necessary. But its the easiest way in, I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww, I'm sorry :frown: I'm an ass, I know :P

Bless, isn't the minimum height requirement like 5 foot 2? :')

Oh, I see. Chemical physics? :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 48
Aww, I'm sorry :frown: I'm an ass, I know :P

Bless, isn't the minimum height requirement like 5 foot 2? :')

Oh, I see. Chemical physics? :biggrin:

Yes. You are :smile:

I'm not quite sure; I'm 5'4 and I've heard that's too short. NASA are heightists :frown: but if I'm not, maybe there's hope after all :tongue:

Haha, yesss :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Yes. You are :smile:

I'm not quite sure; I'm 5'4 and I've heard that's too short. NASA are heightists :frown: but if I'm not, maybe there's hope after all :tongue:

Haha, yesss :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:zomg: You're mean :getmecoat: :wink:

Haha, I was about to say, you're tiny :') Nah, I'm pretty sure the minimum's 5' 2, you're good to go :biggrin: Haha, they are :biggrin: Pretty sure it's because they don't custom make the space suits - hence the height restrictions.

Chemical physics sounds more bearable than chemistry :wink:

Spoiler

(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 50
:zomg: You're mean :getmecoat: :wink:

Haha, I was about to say, you're tiny :') Nah, I'm pretty sure the minimum's 5' 2, you're good to go :biggrin: Haha, they are :biggrin: Pretty sure it's because they don't custom make the space suits - hence the height restrictions.

Chemical physics sounds more bearable than chemistry :wink:

Spoiler

As are you :smile:

I don't know, is 5'2 'tiny'?
Not like its gonna happen anyway.
Yeah, so basically NASA are lazy.

Hmm. There is nothing to 'bear' in chemistry- it is all great stuff! Medical physics maybe. More realistic at least.

Posted from TSR Mobile
As are you :smile:

I don't know, is 5'2 'tiny'?
Not like its gonna happen anyway.
Yeah, so basically NASA are lazy.

Hmm. There is nothing to 'bear' in chemistry- it is all great stuff! Medical physics maybe. More realistic at least.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:colonhash:

It is pretty small, I thought anyway, but then what do I know :lol: It costs like $12 million to make one space suit, sure they have their reasons :P

Ha, just wait til you get to acid-base equilibria :shot:
Reply 52
:colonhash:

It is pretty small, I thought anyway, but then what do I know :lol: It costs like $12 million to make one space suit, sure they have their reasons :P

Ha, just wait til you get to acid-base equilibria :shot:

Haha and this is when you tell me you're 7 foot :tongue:

True, I'm just trying to think of reasons to dislike them.

If you're in year 12, why on earth do you know about acid-base equilibria!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha and this is when you tell me you're 7 foot :tongue:

True, I'm just trying to think of reasons to dislike them.

If you're in year 12, why on earth do you know about acid-base equilibria!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler

Ha! xD Bitter? :P

For my general interest :colonhash: Ha, no, you may find it surprising but after finishing GCSEs I really wanted to do Chemistry originally at university so read up on loads of different topics :colondollar: Then I met organic :colonhash:

Use.
Reply 55

Spoiler

Ha! xD Bitter? :P

For my general interest :colonhash: Ha, no, you may find it surprising but after finishing GCSEs I really wanted to do Chemistry originally at university so read up on loads of different topics :colondollar: Then I met organic :colonhash:

Ha ha.

I suppose :s-smilie: I'm bitter because I want to be an astronaut, but I know it's never gonna happen. And it's NASA's fault. It's a valid reason xD

Oh I see. So keen.
Then you met organic, your best friend :smile:
Reply 56
Original post by upthegunners

Use.

Thanks, but I get it now :smile:
I tried to move this thread to the 'Mathematics Flirting' subforum only to find it didn't exist.

:frown:
Reply 58
Original post by Mr M
I tried to move this thread to the 'Mathematics Flirting' subforum only to find it didn't exist.

PRSOM :lol:
Reply 59
Original post by Mr M

Oiii.

Quick Reply

Latest