The Student Room Group

AQA AS Biology unit 2 notes

Hello :smile:

Thought these might be helpful for anybody sitting the AQA unit 2 biology exam this January. Made by me, so possibly not perfect, but they did me well - see spoiler.

Apologies for any typos/mistakes - feel free to post if you see anything that's wrong [insert disclaimer about no responsibility for exam performance etc.]

Enjoy :biggrin:

Spoiler

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DavidH20

Thought these might be helpful for anybody sitting the AQA unit 2 biology exam this January. Made by me, so possibly not perfect, but they did me well - see spoiler.

Apologies for any typos/mistakes - feel free to post if you see anything that's wrong [insert disclaimer about no responsibility for exam performance etc.]

Spoiler

DAMNN! 140/140 is wow! And excellent set of notes :smile: Thanks a lot :biggrin: x
Reply 2
Thanks - no problem :smile: they didn't seem to attract much attention unfortunately - I guess not many people take this as a Jan exam...I'll try again in june :smile:
Excellent Notes indeed. Thank you very, very much for those notes, as they are extremely helpful. Don't know what else to say! :biggrin::smile:
Reply 4
Original post by RespectedDon
Excellent Notes indeed. Thank you very, very much for those notes, as they are extremely helpful. Don't know what else to say! :biggrin::smile:

Just printing notes , brilliant thanks
Reply 5

Spoiler

First of all WELL done Nd secondly thanx for these notes also do you hav any good revision tips

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by anisah150
First of all WELL done Nd secondly thanx for these notes also do you hav any good revision tips

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, the first step is making sure you understand all the information - in biology it's very easy to learn and regurgitate facts. The best way that I find is to make connections between the different areas of biology, and with other sciences (if you don't think a textbook explains it very well research it yourself).

A good way to ensure understanding would be to rewrite these notes, or any others, in your own words - that makes sure your brain processes the information.

When you feel confident that you know and understand the topics, start on past papers. Remember that these are limited and are the only real indicator of your performance: don't waste them. I would strongly recommend doing each one under timed exam conditions - if you do papers open book or with mark schemes you basically waste one. Mark them harshly and don't rest until you're getting your target grade - that's your target, not your teachers'.

Biology is a lot of facts - personally I prefer the other sciences, but in the end if you learn and understand the info, and develop your exam technique, you can't go far wrong.

Hope that helps :smile:
Reply 7

Well, the first step is making sure you understand all the information - in biology it's very easy to learn and regurgitate facts. The best way that I find is to make connections between the different areas of biology, and with other sciences (if you don't think a textbook explains it very well research it yourself).

A good way to ensure understanding would be to rewrite these notes, or any others, in your own words - that makes sure your brain processes the information.

When you feel confident that you know and understand the topics, start on past papers. Remember that these are limited and are the only real indicator of your performance: don't waste them. I would strongly recommend doing each one under timed exam conditions - if you do papers open book or with mark schemes you basically waste one. Mark them harshly and don't rest until you're getting your target grade - that's your target, not your teachers'.

Biology is a lot of facts - personally I prefer the other sciences, but in the end if you learn and understand the info, and develop your exam technique, you can't go far wrong.

Hope that helps :smile:

Thankyou:top:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler

How did you revise for how science works questions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
these notes are really helpful man!

thanks a mill
Reply 10
Original post by amar96
these notes are really helpful man!

thanks a mill

No problem - glad they're useful :smile:
Reply 11
Just Printing off now, will give some feed back later after using them , but they look great , thanks
Reply 12
wow thanks !!! really kind of you :biggrin:
Reply 13
Original post by gardan
Just Printing off now, will give some feed back later after using them , but they look great , thanks

Thank you - let me know how you find them :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by chrisy:)
wow thanks !!! really kind of you :biggrin:

No problem - I had them saved on my computer and thought some people here might appreciate them :smile:
Reply 15
No problem - I had them saved on my computer and thought some people here might appreciate them :smile:

yep we deffo apprecite them:biggrin:
Reply 16
Hi I like to do Questions and Answers after revising and copying each Section or a couple of sections , I then do the past papers when all units/sections are completed ,I did this with Chemistry just last week and feel like i'm making progress with that. Does anyone know if there is any resources that will let me do that. The Chemistry Q&A for each section/unit was from a linked site from here. I have done loads of searching but not having much luck.

Thanks
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 17

I got 140/140UMS in this exam using these notes and past papers as my main ng revision resource.

Well done! Full marks! Just out of interest what other a levels did you take and what have you moved on to doing now, your notes have been a massive help by the way, thank you :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by erp

Spoiler

Well done! Full marks! Just out of interest what other a levels did you take and what have you moved on to doing now, your notes have been a massive help by the way, thank you :smile:

You're welcome :smile:

I've finished maths, and am currently doing further maths, chemistry and physics - still in my A2 year. After that, providing I get the grades, I'll be doing natural sciences at uni :smile:
Is it only me but when I downloaded and tried to open, it said that the file can't be opened because its corrupted or something. Could you please re-upload? :frown: And thanks in advance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending