The Student Room Group

For Indian Girls - nose piercing question

I'm thinking of getting my nose pierced sometime soon, but don't really know which side to get done!...I'm south indian (from Bangalore) so is there a preferred / 'traditional' side to get done?
Thanks.
Reply 1
I think it's the left side.
Reply 2
Original post by Orange_123
I'm thinking of getting my nose pierced sometime soon, but don't really know which side to get done!...I'm south indian (from Bangalore) so is there a preferred / 'traditional' side to get done?
Thanks.

My mum and sister have it on the left side, as does my Auntie.
Reply 3
Left side is traditional, but I have heard that in the south it's the right.
I don't know about the tradition in Bangalore but I'm Punjabi and it's usually on the left side for us. :smile:
I wanna get my nose pierced; wont suit me though.

- Left side
Reply 6
Original post by DiyaM95
Left side is traditional, but I have heard that in the south it's the right.

My family is from South India (Kerala) and my mum/sister etc have it on the left so idk haha.
The piercing on the left is traditional because Ayurvedic medicine associates this with reproduction - it's said to make childbirth easier and increase pleasure from sex. I have mine done on the right though.

PS I'm not Indian, thought this might be helpful anyway
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by SkySantosh
My family is from South India (Kerala) and my mum/sister etc have it on the left so idk haha.

Ahh fair enough, better to get that kind of information straight from the source rather than off the internet like I did :') My fam's from Calcutta, I got my nose pierced on the right side and my mother still chastises me for getting it done on the "wrong side"
Reply 9
I have it on the left side... so does my mum and sister. (My parents are Bangladeshi)
My family have it on the left (traditionally)
I want it but I'm scared of looking like a typical Indian girl! x
Reply 12
I'm not Indian but I have my nose pierced on the right side. Since getting it done I've noticed that the majority of people (Indian, white, everyone!) seems to have it on the left!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Hope you don't mind an Indian lad here - but it's definitely the left. :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I have mine done on the left, it makes sex feel good nomsaiyan

Original post by ss_s95
Hope you don't mind an Indian lad here - but it's definitely the left. :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you had your nose pierced?
I'm half indian, and no I haven't, and neither do I want to. But I'm pretty sure its the left side. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by Amanbabbar./
Have you had your nose pierced?

Hell no, but the women in my family who do wear nose rings, have them on the left
Original post by ss_s95
Hell no, but the women in my family who do wear nose rings, have them on the left

:lol:
aww koolios

Quick Reply

Latest