The Student Room Group

Cambridge Vs RVC

Hi all

I've got offers for Veterinary Medicine (D100) from both Cambridge and RVC. I was wondering if any current students on this course at these Unis could tell me how the courses compare. I'm particularly interested in rumors I've heard that Cambridge vet students do a lot more theory and less practical than other vet schools.

Cheers
Reply 1
Did you attend the offer holders day for Cambridge? They explained this. They have much smaller groups at Cambridge and therefore have more opportunities in group practical work. The maximum is normally between 4 and 6 students and other unis have groups of 15 or more, so it balances out. The EMS is the same for all the uni courses.
Reply 2
No I didn't make it as I was working
Thanks for that though its a valid point

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Comanche13
Did you attend the offer holders day for Cambridge? They explained this. They have much smaller groups at Cambridge and therefore have more opportunities in group practical work. The maximum is normally between 4 and 6 students and other unis have groups of 15 or more, so it balances out. The EMS is the same for all the uni courses.

Original post by M_Welch
No I didn't make it as I was working
Thanks for that though its a valid point

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am not particularly sure about Cambridge, but at RVC, you have 4 people in your dissection group. So unless it's one of those special dissection sessions (pony dissection or sheep dissection), all other dissections so far have been in a group of 4. Pony dissection went anywhere from 5 to 10 people per group... but then again, it's a big animal!
I firmed Cambridge and had RVC as my insurance last year, and I'm now at RVC. I know everyone says this about their vet school, but RVC is unbelievable! :smile: I've always lived in the country, but honestly nothing compares to living in London and its the best thing that's ever happened to me, and the course is amazing too. Just choose whichever you like the feel of! I loved both, and I'm really happy even though I'm at my insurance, you'll be happy wherever you go so don't stress about it too much, good luck X

Quick Reply

Latest