The Student Room Group
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

UWE 2013 Firmers

Scroll to see replies

Firmed it yesterday for foundation engineering, cant wait! Will be applying to student village ASAP :wink:
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by H@nnah.
Oh okay, im just going by what google maps says on peak times, suppose it would take up to 45 mins in traffic maybe more, its still a bit of a jounrey if your wrecked and cant find a seat, cause im guessing them buses are packed out.

It would just be so long having to always get taxis back to frenchay from being out, rather be right next to everything in centre and make an effort to go to lectures :smile: but now I've just seen Transom House accommodation and that looks pretty sweet
Reply 22
Original post by Leeee
It would just be so long having to always get taxis back to frenchay from being out, rather be right next to everything in centre and make an effort to go to lectures :smile: but now I've just seen Transom House accommodation and that looks pretty sweet

There are night flyers so don't let that put you off

http://www.travelinesw.com/swe/XSLT_TTB_REQUEST?language=en&command=direct&net=swe&line=380N1&sup=%20&project=y10&outputFormat=0&itdLPxx_displayHeader=false&itdLPxx_sessionID=EFA01_9745226&lineVer=1&itdLPxx_operatorCodeForTTB=FH
Reply 23
I finally firmed Bristol, for Animation, today. Its getting real now.
Reply 24
Hi all!

Previously, I firmed my place at uwe on their Primary Early Years education ITT (x120) to start in September :smile: so excited!

if you are also starting this course feel free to speak to me, I guess it will help us in September if we slightly know some people on the same course.

Laura :smile:
Original post by Laura.cx
Hi all!

Previously, I firmed my place at uwe on their Primary Early Years education ITT (x120) to start in September :smile: so excited!

if you are also starting this course feel free to speak to me, I guess it will help us in September if we slightly know some people on the same course.

Laura :smile:

Hi Laura! I have also firmed for this course starting in September! Yaaay! :smile:
I have firmed for criminology, hoping to live in student village!
Unconditional offer Fine Art!
Reply 28
Firmed my place for radiotherapy and oncology starting September 2013

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tom_mitchell_91
I have firmed for criminology, hoping to live in student village!

aren't we all :wink:
I've firmed for Engineering with Integrated Foundation Year and i'm going to apply for the student village accommodation.
Reply 31
I've just Firmed for Architecture and Planning (SEP 13), so excited about it..! No gap year for me, finishing high school in Milan. I was wondering about my accommodation choice, Thought about Student Village.. which are the differences between the Student Village's blocks?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 32
Literally just firmed UWE, it was so nerve-wracking. I just hope I've made the right decision :confused::smile:
Reply 33
Original post by an21
I've just Firmed for Architecture and Planning (SEP 13), so excited about it..! No gap year for me, finishing high school in Milan. I was wondering about my accommodation choice, Thought about Student Village.. which are the differences between the Student Village's blocks?

THIS!!!! Was wondering the exact same, are there any differences in the blocks. I've heard that Brecon Court is meant to be the most popular for some reason?
Reply 34
Original post by Curty95
THIS!!!! Was wondering the exact same, are there any differences in the blocks. I've heard that Brecon Court is meant to be the most popular for some reason?

No idea, the only thing I can think about is the position... but they do all look the same from the map... maybe the interior furniture changes...
Reply 35
hello :smile: firmed bristol uwe and hoping to do the LAW LLB if anyone else is doing the same course then wpuld be good to get to know :smile:
Reply 36
Confirmed UWE as my firm for Mechanical Engineering, anyone doing this? :smile:
Reply 38
Original post by an21

Original post by Curty95

There's no difference between the courtyards, all flats are the same. Same layout, same interior, everything is the same. However, there are like a handful of flats that have different cupboards, drawers, etc, but that's because there's been a fire in there beforehand and everythings been replaced.

However.

Brecon Court have no automatic doors unlike Cotswold, Quantock and Mendip. Also all their block doors can be pulled open without someone having to let you. They might change that next year. Also Brecon has one extra block, so there's 7 blocks instead of 6. I've heard rumors that Brecon pay less than the other courts, but I doubt it.

Mendip Court is usually where international students and mature students are based, this is not strictly the case but this year most of the international students have been placed in Mendip.

You can't chose what court you want to live in, you get randomly allocated. But yeah, they're all pretty much identical.
Firmed for Mechanical engineering plus the foundation year into eithier carroll or SV, not really fussed!

Quick Reply