The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I'd think he was trying to gain attention to it, but in my opinion I think both Gucci and Louis Vuitton look tacky because of the logo, and they're everywhere - most people don't care. I have designer bags but would never get one with a big flashy logo all over it, hideous.
Original post by GPODT
People really have an unrealistic view of benefits. Do you really think benefit money can provide £200 belts as well as necessities? No. The majority of guys wearing Ralph Lauren, Gucci, Louis Vuitton are wearing the fake ones. A fake Ralph Lauren top costs like £20 and a fake Gucci belt is £8. Only a very small number actually buy the genuine brands, these tend to be guys who make money selling weed.

Who said these kids where on benefits mate , and no I know there are a lot of counterfit polos and stuff . The guys I've seen with them , ( im talking about a mate specifically here ) have got real ones , they wouldn't be seen dead in Primark or unbranded clothes.
AQA are obviously planning a new biology question to catch everyone out again...
I think they're a 15 year old wearing a £215 gucci belt :colonhash:
I'd think their parents clearly haven't taught them any financial skills.
Reply 25
Why in God's name would you pay £215 for a belt?
Reply 26
I'd wish I had that money to spend, let alone on luxuries :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think it's stupid tbh and just looks tacky. Alot of guys in my area have gucci belts and they purposely tuck their tops/jackets etc into their jeans so that everyone can see that they have a designer belt. A belt should be used to hold your trousers up not as some sort of status symbol.
Reply 28
I'd wonder why she felt the need to spend that money on a belt when she can get one perfectly good for £1.50 from primark XD
Reply 29
Original post by jimcatinnes
AQA are obviously planning a new biology question to catch everyone out again...

Wading through some of the stupidity in this thread was worth it for this comment.
Reply 30
Original post by 20z12
Must be an Asian, I've seen quite a few of them with fake Gucci, watches, belts, shoes. They think they are ruling the world. Feel like slapping these guys to knock sense into them.

Stereotypical assho**
Reply 31
If they're fifteen, they wont be hard to hold down while I steal it and sell it on :colone:
Sounds like a massive waste of money which might be better saved for university, a car, living expenses, phone bills, charity etc.

Something more useful than a belt which people might take one glance at if you're lucky but then never comment on again.
Reply 33
I don't like logo belts or most things with a huge logo actually. I'm more into being stylish than fashionable. If I saw someone with a Gucci belt on I'd probably smh. I only buy designer clothing if I really think the item's design and cut is fab and that I can't find a worthy substitute. A belt is a belt and I think there are only so many ways you can design one, whereas with a dress the design options are much wider thus making it harder to find a substitute for some designer dresses. I just feel that if you buy one of those belts you are doing purely to show off your wealth, which I don't think is a classy thing to do
Reply 34
I think she's a very lucky girl...what does this have to do with academia???
(edited 11 years ago)
They're either a stuck-up motherf*cker or a chavvy hoodrat.
Original post by specter.harvey
That she's been selling her body to buy this belt and automatically she's a prostitue.

Roxannnnnnnnnnnneee. You don't have to purchase that Gucci merchandise.
Those days are over. I'll buy you something from primark.
Roxannnnnnnnnnnnneee. You don't have to put on that Gucci belt tonight.
Those days are over. I'll give money for a BJ, allright?
ROXAANNNNNNEEEE. TAKE OFF YOUR GUCCI BELT.
ROXXAAANNNNEEE. TAKE OFF YOUR TROUSERS WHILE YOUR AT IT
ROXXXXXAAANNNEEE. I've got a sneaky suspicion you're a man.

For some reason I found helarious and then I tried to sing it and couldn't stop laughing. Bravo :P
I honestly wouldn't care.If they are happy wearing it then wear it and just carry on with life.
I'd think they were a bit of a bellend
Reply 39
Parents money: She's spoilt
Bought with her own earned money: Her choice what she buys

Latest