The Student Room Group

What is your opinion? I'm tired of my own.

Hello,
I have not been on TSR for a while. I am turning to it for other peoples thoughts; what would you do now if you were me?

I have a 2:1 degree in animation
A mixture of work experience - little in animation and graphics design. I have done jobs that range from working in bars, warehouses to garden centres/schools as assistant teacher. A very flaky CV.

I worked in Canada as a canoe trip guide for 4 months
I volunteered in Africa for four months
I traveled around India for seven weeks on £200

Now...I have a **** load of debt and no money available
I live with my parents.
I'm 26.
People are still worse off than me, so I can't be fed up.
Pathetic really.

I feel like running away and living in the wood and making friends/food with the animals....Is the worst decision I could make?

In all seriousness, I have been looking at how I could go in to carpentry - i'm good with wood... but it seems complicated and expensive.

I have also seen you can get bursaries to study a social work degree...is this a feasible option?

Your viewpoint is appreciated. Dont worry, troll if you wish - My ego is in hibernation.

Big Love!
Reply 1
Original post by Soulsurfer
Hello,
I have not been on TSR for a while. I am turning to it for other peoples thoughts; what would you do now if you were me?

A mixture of work experience - little in animation and graphics design. I have done jobs that range from working in bars, warehouses to garden centres/schools as assistant teacher. A very flaky CV.

I live with my parents.
I'm 26.
Pathetic really.

I feel like running away and living in the wood and making friends/food with the animals....Is the worst decision I could make?

In all seriousness, I have been looking at how I could go in to carpentry - i'm good with wood... but it seems complicated and expensive.

I have also seen you can get bursaries to study a social work degree...is this a feasible option?

Your viewpoint is appreciated. Dont worry, troll if you wish - My ego is in hibernation.

Big Love!

I am also good with wood :u:
Reply 2
Hello,

I live with my parents.
I'm 26.
Pathetic really.

Big Love!

wow youve done loads of stuff, jealous of all the traveling! and although your cv is very varied its good that youve got experience and all the volunteer work will go down well too! :smile:

Have you tried just applying at loads of different places and seeing what comes back? :smile:

I think you should look into the social work but only if it is something your interested in cause if not you wont enjoy it!

i think the living in a wood might have to be a last resort!

You could always just get a job for the minute like in a shop or something just while you look for a proper job that your going to enjoy cause then at least your making some money! :biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by peaspod
I am also good with wood :u:

This made me smile inside...thankyou peaspod

Original post by Bazinga.
wow youve done loads of stuff, jealous of all the traveling! and although your cv is very varied its good that youve got experience and all the volunteer work will go down well too! :smile:

Have you tried just applying at loads of different places and seeing what comes back? :smile:

I think you should look into the social work but only if it is something your interested in cause if not you wont enjoy it!

i think the living in a wood might have to be a last resort!

You could always just get a job for the minute like in a shop or something just while you look for a proper job that your going to enjoy cause then at least your making some money! :biggrin:

Yea I've applied for so many jobs now it feels like that applying for jobs is my main occupation. I am good with people, and I'm feeling academically un-satisfied, I would love to study again!
Thanks for your post!
Reply 4
This made me smile inside...thankyou peaspod

Yea I've applied for so many jobs now it feels like that applying for jobs is my main occupation. I am good with people, and I'm feeling academically un-satisfied, I would love to study again!
Thanks for your post!

Why dont you go back and study again?! You only live once and you dont want to regret not going back to Uni!! :biggrin:

Quick Reply