The Student Room Group

How do you guys do really cheap nights out?

Scroll to see replies

Pre-Drinking is the ****tttt , the other night me and my mates split £20 three ways ( as in £6 each) ended up with 36 beers . Thats a ****load of alcohol :biggrin:
Reply 21
I live in Hull so nights out are easily under a tenner. Are you factoring in the cost of pre drinks into that £10? If so, then don't.
I don't class my pre drinks as part of the night out in terms of money.
Find places with free entry (b4 11...), share cocktail pitchers, flyers from reps in nearby streets and get 7 seaters to reduce taxi fee.
Reply 23
Original post by themedicalgeek
Find places with free entry (b4 11...), share cocktail pitchers, flyers from reps in nearby streets and get 7 seaters to reduce taxi fee.

The only club in my city that does free entry all night is crap :tongue: some do free before 11 but my friends aren't up for going out before 11.
Original post by Bronco2012
The only club in my city that does free entry all night is crap :tongue: some do free before 11 but my friends aren't up for going out before 11.

If you want cheap, go before 11 - in my city we have to buy tickets to most of the better clubs and they are all pre 10.30 or 11 :frown: you could email about VIP booth or guest list perhaps?
Reply 25
Original post by themedicalgeek
If you want cheap, go before 11 - in my city we have to buy tickets to most of the better clubs and they are all pre 10.30 or 11 :frown: you could email about VIP booth or guest list perhaps?

Yeah I usually get guestlist to bring it down to a fiver :smile:
drink slow, and drink a bit at home before u go....
Original post by Bronco2012

So go with other people before 11, then tell your mates you'll see them there? :confused:

Having a cheap night out means making compromises. Whether the compromises are worth saving the money is up to you.

My cheap nights out involve things like:
- going to the clubs with free/cheap entry. Yes, many of these are dismissed as being crap, but it is what you make of it, imo.
- not drinking so much.... and therefore not getting as drunk, but hey, that's just me.
- getting in before they charge entry
- walking there and back instead of getting taxis. (This obviously depends on your uni town/city, how safe/far it is to walk; whether there's a decent SU place on your campus, etc.)
- buying the drinks that are on offer/half price/whatever.
go to all the student nights, that's a cheep night £1.20 a pint now that's a good deal

Quick Reply

Latest