Reply 3
Original post by super121
Retaking this a second time, I'm so bad at chemistry :s-smilie:

Hey guys:biggrin:. Are you in A2 year?
Reply 4
Original post by cheetahs56
Hey guys:biggrin:. Are you in A2 year?

Yup
I don't think the chemistry is that hard, it's just exam technique, and the boundaries are usually really tight :s-smilie:
I need to smash this exam to make up for my coursework... Does anyone else feel that Salters Coursework must have spawned from the very depths of hell?
Reply 6
Original post by King Hotpie
I need to smash this exam to make up for my coursework... Does anyone else feel that Salters Coursework must have spawned from the very depths of hell?

The AS or the A2 coursework?
The AS or the A2 coursework?

AS
Reply 8
AS

If you think that was hell, wait until you do A2 :P
If you think that was hell, wait until you do A2 :P

:afraid:
Reply 10
Thats good, gives you time to perfect it :smile:
Yea, I finished it before we broke up, but kinda rushed it near the end 'cause it was taking too long :s-smilie: Not something I would recommend :P
Reply 11
I've only really made notes, haven't properly started memorising the content :s-smilie:
And I got a B in F331 and F333, and failed everything else, hence all the retakes :/

What about you?
Has anyone got any notes or such? I'm planning on making a few out of mark schemes for recurring format questions, will post once I get A2 chemistry sorted
Reply 13
Original post by nukethemaly
Has anyone got any notes or such? I'm planning on making a few out of mark schemes for recurring format questions, will post once I get A2 chemistry sorted

There's some good notes on scribd and 'get revising', i'll post some links soon :smile:
Reply 14
Does anyone have any info on the pre-release material for this exam?
:smile::frown::tongue::wink::biggrin::redface::mad::s-smilie::confused::rolleyes::cool::eek::angry::colondollar:
Original post by wadng
Does anyone have any info on the pre-release material for this exam?
:smile::frown::tongue::wink::biggrin::redface::mad::s-smilie::confused::rolleyes::cool::eek::angry::colondollar:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2294388
This is going to be one of my toughest exams :frown:
I got a high D for Unit 1 in january.. Hoping to get at least a B or A in Unit 1, I really want to get a B in this exam!
Any tips on how to revise? I've written all my notes and just going over the content again.
Hopefully I get a B overall in august but I really want an A like all of us do i guess! :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by xOsugaplumfairy
This is going to be one of my toughest exams :frown:
I got a high D for Unit 1 in january.. Hoping to get at least a B or A in Unit 1, I really want to get a B in this exam!
Any tips on how to revise? I've written all my notes and just going over the content again.
Hopefully I get a B overall in august but I really want an A like all of us do i guess! :smile:

I would say make sure you understand the content so you can apply it to different situations. And also do loads of past papers :smile:
Reply 18
So i'm currently revising atmosphere and i was doing the assignments in the storylines and am totally stuck on Assignment 11! can somebody help me please! i'll post the question as well :smile:

'In 2001, the concentration of CO2 in the atmosphere at Mauna Loa was 370ppm(by volume). The total mass of CO2 in the atmosphere was estimated to be about 2760Gt at that tim (1 Gt= 1 gigatonne = 1 x 10^9 tonnes.)
Through the 4 years from 2001 to the end of 2004, it is estimated that 34Gt of fossil fuels were burned throughout the world.
In 2004 the measured % of CO2 in the atmosphere at Mauna Loa was found to be 377ppm (by volume).

Now answer the following questions:
a Assume that the 34Gt of fossil fuels burned in the four years were all C. Calculate the mass of CO2 formed by burning this mass of fuel.
b Calculate the new total mass of CO2 in the atmosphere at the end of 2004, assuming that the extra CO2 came only from burning fossil fuels and that it stayed in the atmosphere.
c By what % would you expect the concentration of CO2 in the atmosphere to have increased in the 4 years?
d By what % did the concentration of CO2 in the atmosphere actually increase in the 4 years?
Reply 19
AS

Tell me about it, has put a lot of pressure for my A grade now:mad:

AS meself:tongue:. How hard is it compared to F331?

Yup
I don't think the chemistry is that hard, it's just exam technique, and the boundaries are usually really tight :s-smilie:

They are indeed:biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending