Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Firmed for Music :smile:
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Firmed for nursing studies :smile: Was hoping for a slighly lower offer, but I should be able to get it (AAB)
Reply 3
Firmed for Law and Spanish :smile:
Reply 4
Firmed for Maths :biggrin:
Reply 5
Firmed for Philosophy & Politics
Reply 6
Firmed for Religious Studies :smile:
Reply 7
Firmed for Primary Education :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by joanneeee__
Firmed for Religious Studies :smile:

Yay! A fellow RS student! I haven't found any others on Student Room, where have you been haha :P
Reply 9
Original post by leah_morgan
Yay! A fellow RS student! I haven't found any others on Student Room, where have you been haha :P

aha yeah we do seem to be a pretty rare bunch :') I am fairly new to the website so that probably explains it :smile:!
Reply 10
aha yeah we do seem to be a pretty rare bunch :') I am fairly new to the website so that probably explains it :smile:!

That explains it! RS students applying to Edinburgh are even rarer on here! Welcome to TSR though :smile: Did you go to the open days?
(edited 11 years ago)
The explains it! RS students applying to Edinburgh are even rarer on here! Welcome to TSR though :smile: Did you go to the open days?

thank you :smile:! Yeah I went to the post offer visit day just on Wednesday there, i'd been before but that's the first time i'd seen New College and I just fell in love. So I went home and firmed it straight away! How about yourself?
Firmed for Biology!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
thank you :smile:! Yeah I went to the post offer visit day just on Wednesday there, i'd been before but that's the first time i'd seen New College and I just fell in love. So I went home and firmed it straight away! How about yourself?

The 27th of March or 3rd of April? I went to the April one and had such an amazing time. New College is incredible!! It took my breath away. I had a 6 hour train ride back and got home at midnight so I waited until the next day to firm it :P
The 27th of March or 3rd of April? I went to the April one and had such an amazing time. New College is incredible!! It took my breath away. I had a 6 hour train ride back and got home at midnight so I waited until the next day to firm it :P

Yeah it was the April one as well :') It really is, my RS teacher from school always raves about the library in New College and when went in all I could think to myself is "I fully understand why" ahah yeah I would have done the same, I must have checked my screen about 10 times to make sure it was correct before submitting it!
Reply 15
Yeah it was the April one as well :') It really is, my RS teacher from school always raves about the library in New College and when went in all I could think to myself is "I fully understand why" ahah yeah I would have done the same, I must have checked my screen about 10 times to make sure it was correct before submitting it!

Which talk did you go to? I went to the first one :smile:
Whereas being from Wales, my RS teacher wanted me to go to Cardiff like she did, but it's just not a patch on Edinburgh. Edinburgh's been my first choice for a long time, but going there has made me want to go there even more.
That's exactly what I did! Even though I certain I wanted to firm Edinburgh, it felt weird to actually submit it.
Which talk did you go to? I went to the first one :smile:
Whereas being from Wales, my RS teacher wanted me to go to Cardiff like she did, but it's just not a patch on Edinburgh. Edinburgh's been my first choice for a long time, but going there has made me want to go there even more.
That's exactly what I did! Even though I certain I wanted to firm Edinburgh, it felt weird to actually submit it.

aww I was at the second one, I went to English lit with my friend for the first talk!
Ahh, my teacher actually went to Stirling but her class got to go the library for their dissertation, I think after that visit she regretted her decision! But yeah I can definitely see why the entire visit just made it so clear to me that Edinburgh is exactly where I want to study!
Yep I was originally between Glasgow and Edinburgh so it felt weird rejecting Glasgow
Reply 17
aww I was at the second one, I went to English lit with my friend for the first talk!
Ahh, my teacher actually went to Stirling but her class got to go the library for their dissertation, I think after that visit she regretted her decision! But yeah I can definitely see why the entire visit just made it so clear to me that Edinburgh is exactly where I want to study!
Yep I was originally between Glasgow and Edinburgh so it felt weird rejecting Glasgow

Aww, I'll just have to meet you in lectures in September :smile: (permitted that I get the grades)
Wales doesn't really have an RS department like Edinburgh does, so for people who don't want to move very far they aren't going to get something the same standard as Edinburgh (unless Wales offers them something that Edinburgh doesn't)
RS being such a small subject to, to have a college like New College completely dedicated to the subject is amazing. It's such a small subject, but to get that kind of speciality is amazing.
Is the Glasgow course RS or something else?

BTW for those who think I'm slamming Cardiff or other Welsh unis, I'm not. It's just preference :smile:
Aww, I'll just have to meet you in lectures in September :smile: (permitted that I get the grades)
Wales doesn't really have an RS department like Edinburgh does, so for people who don't want to move very far they aren't going to get something the same standard as Edinburgh (unless Wales offers them something that Edinburgh doesn't)
RS being such a small subject to, to have a college like New College completely dedicated to the subject is amazing. It's such a small subject, but to get that kind of speciality is amazing.
Is the Glasgow course RS or something else?

BTW for those who think I'm slamming Cardiff or other Welsh unis, I'm not. It's just preference :smile:

Yep hopefully, what grades do you need to get?
It is insane the dedication from everyone there is great as well. It may be small but it continues to grow and still manages to stand alongside popular subjects, it doesn't get the turn out that subjects like business get but the research and everything else is certainly on par. The fact as a department they have their own library shows as much.
It's under as "Theology and Religious Studies" but once you get into the course you choose what modules you want to take etc and you don't actually have to take any Theology ones which i find weird if you're going to have a degree with that title :')
Reply 19
Yep hopefully, what grades do you need to get?
It is insane the dedication from everyone there is great as well. It may be small but it continues to grow and still manages to stand alongside popular subjects, it doesn't get the turn out that subjects like business get but the research and everything else is certainly on par. The fact as a department they have their own library shows as much.
It's under as "Theology and Religious Studies" but once you get into the course you choose what modules you want to take etc and you don't actually have to take any Theology ones which i find weird if you're going to have a degree with that title :')

I need to get BBB at A level, but I'm predicted AAAB, so hopefully I'll get in :biggrin:
Fair play to them, they have made New College such a strong department. Even though it is a tiny subject, it's so respected in Edinburgh and really reflects the standard of Edinburgh as a university.
Their is absolutely amazing, I was amazed!
That's like in Cardiff, you don;t have to do theology modules for the "Theology" element of your degree :P
I'm so excited! Have you applied for accommodation yet?

Latest

Trending

Trending