The Student Room Group

What are your views on skydiving and people who do it?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I did one for charity as soon as I was 16. Brilliant experience and raised loads of money.

I completely disagree it is stupidly risky. I know a few skydivers as family friends, they'll do 5 or so jumps a day, one has recently done his 10000th jump. And no harm has ever come to him. How many people do you hear that have died in a skydiving accident?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hannxo
I did one for charity as soon as I was 16. Brilliant experience and raised loads of money.

I completely disagree it is stupidly risky. I know a few skydivers as family friends, they'll do 5 or so jumps a day, one has recently done his 10000th jump. And no harm has ever come to him. How many people do you hear that have died in a skydiving accident?

I know of one person, she was being taught how to skydive/parachute but either couldn't open the chute or forgot. When they found her body all of her insides had poured out of a hole in her side and lay next to her body :indiff:
Reply 22
Original post by The_Last_Melon
I know of one person, she was being taught how to skydive/parachute but either couldn't open the chute or forgot. When they found her body all of her insides had poured out of a hole in her side and lay next to her body :indiff:

Omg thanks for that image *goes puke*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Original post by The_Last_Melon

Inexperienced parachutists are on a static line, which is a cord attached to the aircraft, which means the parachute is automatically released. So sorry, there is more to this story than the OP has said....

T3 (jumped with the Red Devils some years ago....)
Because it feels bloody amazing. Dat rush
Original post by Ezekiella
Skydived a few times last summer, by no means an expert at this but I think it's relatively safe compared to a lot of other "adventure" sports (e.g. motor racing or gliding)

Gliding? What's so dangerous about that?
I would love to.
Tandem skydiving is one of the easiest jumps you can do because you're strapped to an instructor who guides you the whole time.

If you've got any questions about tandem skydiving, we've answered everything you'd need to know in this blog post - https://www.goraise.co.uk/blog/everything-need-know-tandem-skydiving/.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending