The Student Room Group

wondering if i chose the right subjects for my IGCSE

I'm a January intake coz I was studying at goverment school last time so I missed the first term of school. They gave me columns with subjects offered. As they said, study what you like but apparently that does not go along with my dad. He totally objected my decision to study English Literature and so i took Business Studies. Since young, my mother fully understood that my brain wasn't capable of studying pure science but my dad instead told me to take it for a try coz he says thinks that by studying pure science i can know a lot more. I didn't know what to choose and took pure science for a try. So now my 2nd term has ended and I like Bio only. Physics and Chem are like Greek to me. My chem teacher always say that we, all new students are in an express class so she teaches in lightning speed and tells us to copy the notes on the slides but she kinda takes 2 minutes for each slide so we all were like if we should copy or listen. My physics teacher is quite ok. The problem is, these 2 subjects r like alien language to me. I told myself i i studied hard then i would get it right but my hard work was in vain. I got low marks for the 2 subjects. For now, I take further pure maths, modern maths, eng, bio, chem, physics, accounting and business studies. now my dad wants me to choose what i really wanna stufy but i don't seem to make my mind up. what if i suddenly regret changing streams. For now, i like business studies, bio and eng and economics only. I'm sorry if i sound silly but i'm really frustrated at this whole thing. thx u if u all would give me some advice
Reply 1
Okaaaaayyyy! I don't do iGCSE but I am doing GCSEs. To be honest it's what you want to do! If it's a subject you enjoy when it comes to doing your exams you're gonna wanna sit down and revise. Whereas if it is something you completely hate then you'll just sit back and not try. Been there. Done that. For instance, I do french and I HATE it. So I've set myself to fail. I don't even try for it. Choose what you know will help you in later life.. If you want to do economics in the future go for it! But tbh doing econ is much better than business studies. Bussiness Studies is useless. You don't need it to take the finance path. I thought English was compulsory? But if it isn't; I would recommend it again it's a good subject and it's useful. LOVE english!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by emul004
Okaaaaayyyy! I don't do iGCSE but I am doing GCSEs. To be honest it's what you want to do! If it's a subject you enjoy when it comes to doing your exams you're gonna wanna sit down and revise. Whereas if it is something you completely hate then you'll just sit back and not try. Been there. Done that. For instance, I do french and I HATE it. So I've set myself to fail. I don't even try for it. Choose what you know will help you in later life.. If you want to do economics in the future go for it! But tbh doing econ is much better than business studies. Bussiness Studies is useless. You don't need it to take the finance path. I thought English was compulsory? But if it isn't; I would recommend it again it's a good subject and it's useful. LOVE english!

Thx u for the great advice! Actually eng is compulsory and we all choose subjects according to columns like column A has these subjects to choose and so on. Actually business studies is quite ok becoz econs and physics are in the same column

Quick Reply

Latest