The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Brendon Catered Option

Hi,

Would anyone here say that the catered option is worth it?

The EAT AND DRINK STUDENT CARD allows us to top up 50 pounds a week and get 55 pounds credit. And it can be used at:

Sports Café

Level 1

4W Café

Parade Bar

Claverton Rooms (postgraduates only)

Wessex

How's the food at these places?
I guess the determining factor is whether or not you think you will spend it all.
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 2
Original post by Student-95
I guess the determining factor is whether or not you think you will spend it all.

I think I might even exceed it. I have a very big appetite(i.e. i can easily eat 2 large pan 12 inch pizza by myself and have have 3 similar meals a day), and I want to know if its worth it? Say if i don't go for catered option, would I be paying the same by cash as compared to paying for my food with the student card(catered option)?
Reply 3
Original post by klask
I think I might even exceed it. I have a very big appetite(i.e. i can easily eat 2 large pan 12 inch pizza by myself and have have 3 similar meals a day), and I want to know if its worth it? Say if i don't go for catered option, would I be paying the same by cash as compared to paying for my food with the student card(catered option)?

You have an effective 10% discount because your card gets topped up by 55 but pay 50. You then pay the same as everybody who pays cash.
Original post by klask

I assume the prices are the same regardless of how you pay for it. However if you go for the catered option you get £55 to spend and you're only charged £50 so as long as you spend over £50 it'll be worth it.
I would say it isn't worth it. Lots of the time people eat and drink in the SU which isn't covered on your card. Also I've never ever spent £50 a week on food.

ETA: If I go for a burger in Parade or a coffee in 4W etc I pay the same in cash as someone catered would pay off their card.

Quick Reply

Latest