The Student Room Group

Newcastle or Cardiff for Medicine?

Any opinions would be great! :biggrin:
Reply 1
Cardiff is a brilliant city I live near there. Nightlife and sport is excellent. Also the Heath hospital is HUGE and really nice
What do you like/dislike about each?
Reply 3
Original post by reedA93
Cardiff is a brilliant city I live near there. Nightlife and sport is excellent. Also the Heath hospital is HUGE and really nice

Thanks for replying! However, Newcastle is also notorious for having a great night life- and it's hospitals are supposed to be top notch!
Reply 4
Original post by themedicalgeek
What do you like/dislike about each?

To be brief, I visited Cardiff and really loved it as a city. I thought it was really pretty and the university buildings were beautiful. I thought Newcastle in comparison was quite 'grey' and built up. However, Newcastle seems to be the better medical school and quite a few of my friends have gone there and loved it, and the support and teaching is supposed to be excellent. Cardiff doesn't seem to be the better medical school :redface:
Reply 5
I'm living in Newcastle and I love this small city. I have some friends studying Medicine here and they are pretty fond of the teaching and facilities here. :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by PerlePerle
I'm living in Newcastle and I love this small city. I have some friends studying Medicine here and they are pretty fond of the teaching and facilities here. :smile:

Do you think of it as a small city? I kept getting lost when I went over :redface:
Original post by debra94
To be brief, I visited Cardiff and really loved it as a city. I thought it was really pretty and the university buildings were beautiful. I thought Newcastle in comparison was quite 'grey' and built up. However, Newcastle seems to be the better medical school and quite a few of my friends have gone there and loved it, and the support and teaching is supposed to be excellent. Cardiff doesn't seem to be the better medical school :redface:

I'm a current 1st yr at Cardiff and can tell you that the support and teaching is excellent. The course is undergoing major change for next year that could make it a lot better so look into it and see what you think. I don't know anything about newcastle sorry :s-smilie: but go where you think you will be happier studying for the next 5 yrs- this includes taking style of course, clinical involvement and surroundings into account. If you have any questions on cardiff feel free to PM me - its a hard decision so give it a lot of thought and don't be afraid to try new things - i.e don't let people try and steer you too much based on their own experiences.
Reply 8
Original post by themedicalgeek
I'm a current 1st yr at Cardiff and can tell you that the support and teaching is excellent. The course is undergoing major change for next year that could make it a lot better so look into it and see what you think. I don't know anything about newcastle sorry :s-smilie: but go where you think you will be happier studying for the next 5 yrs- this includes taking style of course, clinical involvement and surroundings into account. If you have any questions on cardiff feel free to PM me - its a hard decision so give it a lot of thought and don't be afraid to try new things - i.e don't let people try and steer you too much based on their own experiences.

Thanks! Yeah, I've looked into C21 although a lot of it goes way over my head haha. I will get in touch though, absolutely no idea where I'm going to go :')

Quick Reply

Latest