The Student Room Group

Self Teaching C1 for 4th June?

Is it likely I could self-teach the C1 content by June 4th?

I have no higher tier GCSE nor additional maths.
Yes, that's how long most classes have to learn it.
Reply 2
Depends on your own capabilities and how many hours you're willing to put in.

However, if you are to sit your GCSEs this year... perhaps you'll be better off focusing on them, no?
C1 is basically a paper based on the A and A* concepts of the final GCSE unit. If you fancy that, then go for it. I don't know why you wouldn't wait until next year to sit C1 though. You wouldn't really gain much by sitting it early.
Reply 4
Since the C1 exams are all in May I'm not sure why the 4th of June is significant
How quickly you could learn the C1 content depends on your ability and the time you can give to it.
If you have not previously studied maths to higher tier GCSE level my guess would be that it's not likely.
Original post by Lunch_Box
C1 takes like 2 days to learn.

This a very silly post given what the OP has written.
You (or your peer(s)) may have taken "2 days like" but this is not the case for the vast majority of students.

To the OP. Your motivation, natural ability, time and support will determine how well you will get on.
Most students in school learn the module between September and January with 3/4 hours in lessons and then a similar amount outside of lessons.
Different students will (of course) be more successful than others especially if time is tight.
Original post by American Vampire
C1 is basically a paper based on the A and A* concepts of the final GCSE unit. If you fancy that, then go for it. I don't know why you wouldn't wait until next year to sit C1 though. You wouldn't really gain much by sitting it early.

People say this.. but I disagree

The only thing is surds .. and they are harder than what you would be asked at GCSE
Reply 7
Original post by upthegunners
People say this.. but I disagree

The only thing is surds .. and they are harder than what you would be asked at GCSE

I'd be inclined to agree with this. Looking at the C1 papers the questions don't seem all that close to the non-calculator higher tier GCSE as people make it out to be.

Original post by gdunne42
Since the C1 exams are all in May I'm not sure why the 4th of June is significant

Just got the dates wrong.

Quick Reply

Latest