The Student Room Group

Chose the wrong girl.

Well there are basically 2 girls, one of them I like and then one of them I "like". The problem is I go out with the wrong one and I want to break up but can't as I feel like it is too early in the relationship.

The First girl, E, is lovely, charming, reminds me a lot of myself, but one of the reasons I went out with her is because she reminds me of my ex. I she her a lot and we do get on well but it doesn't seem right, I want to keep things going with her but it gets harder everyday.

The Second girl, S, is something else. I have known her for a couple years. She is used to my nonsense and plays along with it. She says she "Doesn't like physical contact" then falls asleep in my arms. She always seems to be helping me and told me to my face that I am not in the "friendzone". I wish I could tell her how I feel but then I would fell bad for E. Never actually felt like this before but I don't want to hurt anyone but I most likely will in the end up.:frown:

Can anyone help?
How did you meet E? And how long have you known he? Do you talk to her a lot?
Reply 2
what do you mean its to early to break up? its probably going to happen at some point as you are clearly not happy with her and the later you leave it the worse it will be for her.

earlier is better just do it.
Reply 3
You spend a lot more time regretting the things you didn't do as opposed to the things you did ​do. Break up with E and tell S how you feel. I wished I'd had that advice when I was in the same situation as you, but I left it literally one day too late and 4 years later still regret it.
Reply 4
Yeah the longer you leave it with the first girl, the worse you'll make it on her. If you truly feel the way you feel, you should end it ASAP

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
"How did you meet E? And how long have you known he? Do you talk to her a lot?" Through friends, since August. I talk to her quite a bit saying she's my girlfriend.
Reply 6
"what do you mean its to early to break up? its probably going to happen at some point as you are clearly not happy with her and the later you leave it the worse it will be for her.

earlier is better just do it." That's true, thanks. I'll most likely do it.
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
Well there are basically 2 girls, one of them I like and then one of them I "like". The problem is I go out with the wrong one and I want to break up but can't as I feel like it is too early in the relationship.

The First girl, E, is lovely, charming, reminds me a lot of myself, but one of the reasons I went out with her is because she reminds me of my ex. I she her a lot and we do get on well but it doesn't seem right, I want to keep things going with her but it gets harder everyday.

The Second girl, S, is something else. I have known her for a couple years. She is used to my nonsense and plays along with it. She says she "Doesn't like physical contact" then falls asleep in my arms. She always seems to be helping me and told me to my face that I am not in the "friendzone". I wish I could tell her how I feel but then I would fell bad for E. Never actually felt like this before but I don't want to hurt anyone but I most likely will in the end up.:frown:

Can anyone help?

It's not fair on E if you carry things on with her when you clearly don't feel the same. It'll just hurt her more as she will just get more attached as time goes on. Sometimes it just doesn't feel right between two people. Sometimes there just isn't enough passion there and you are better off being friends. I would end things with E. You are already crossing boundaries by letting S fall asleep in your arms. How would E feel if you told her that?

You are not the bad guy for liking someone else. You will be the bad guy if you let something happen with S while you're still with E and that'll taint any good future you have with S forever due to guilt.
I think honesty with E is better. Emphasise (without ending up saying "it's not you, it's me") that you find her lovely, charming, and that she reminds you a lot of yourself. Then that you've realised that you don't love her in that way, and you feel terrible because you still think she's wonderful, but it isn't going to work as a relationship, and you're hoping you're early enough to not hurt her too badly.

Firstly though... Really think it through - make sure you're not suffering from "the grass is greener on the other side". There will be downsides and annoyances with S as well. You don't want to regret not getting with S if it's genuine, but you also don't want to regret breaking up with E if it turns out you were just thinking the currently unattainable must be attained.
You want S because you can't have her. Once you've broken up with E, you'll feel differently.
Reply 10
Original post by hali0112
It's not fair on E if you carry things on with her when you clearly don't feel the same. It'll just hurt her more as she will just get more attached as time goes on. Sometimes it just doesn't feel right between two people. Sometimes there just isn't enough passion there and you are better off being friends. I would end things with E. You are already crossing boundaries by letting S fall asleep in your arms. How would E feel if you told her that?

You are not the bad guy for liking someone else. You will be the bad guy if you let something happen with S while you're still with E and that'll taint any good future you have with S forever due to guilt.

S fell asleep in my arms before I started going out with E.
Reply 11
Original post by Anonymous
S fell asleep in my arms before I started going out with E.

See, you're a good guy, do the right thing! Don't make it harder on yourself :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by hali0112
See, you're a good guy, do the right thing! Don't make it harder on yourself :smile:

Thank you. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending