The Student Room Group

Need help with a friend blanking me

Hi,

I have a good friend who I chat to every few days, or I did. At the end of January, she stopped replying to my texts or whatsapps. I've sent a text every once in a while just saying hi, seeing if she wanted to chat. She hasn't replied to any of them. Presuming something had happened to her phone, I used my mums Facebook to send a message saying that it was me, that Id presumed something had happened to her phone, and I sent my number for her new phone. She hasn't replied to the message, despite having been on fb (I can see that she's accepted a few friend requests since I sent the message)
Now I don't know what to do.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Bump
Reply 2
Can you talk to her face to face? Otherwise it seems your friendship has fizzled out, perhaps it's time to move on?
Reply 3
This often happens the person in question may have moved on from the friendship or either you must have done something which you were unaware of at the time. Try thinking about the last time you met and spoke to her you might find some clues. Asking a friend might help too.
Reply 4
looking back at texts and remembering meetings, we were ok, there were no signs of this happening
Moved to friends, family and work :smile:
Reply 6
I'm going through a similar thing right now and we both live in the same house. She has been avoiding me for 3.5 weeks now. I think between us there has been a misunderstanding and so she has removed me from Facebook as well and never responded to my initial text after the time that I felt something was wrong and apologised.

Just let it be and give her space and if she wishes to make contact again in the future she will, for now it's time to move on.

I think it's a bit more difficult when you live in the same house and have this negative atmosphere. I've told my other housemates as well what I think has happened and they are okay with it.

Do you feel some other emotions than just friendship?

Hope this helps you in some way.
Reply 7
Original post by Rock Fan
Moved to friends, family and work :smile:

Original post by hessajee
I'm going through a similar thing right now and we both live in the same house. She has been avoiding me for 3.5 weeks now. I think between us there has been a misunderstanding and so she has removed me from Facebook as well and never responded to my initial text after the time that I felt something was wrong and apologised.

Just let it be and give her space and if she wishes to make contact again in the future she will, for now it's time to move on.

I think it's a bit more difficult when you live in the same house and have this negative atmosphere. I've told my other housemates as well what I think has happened and they are okay with it.

Do you feel some other emotions than just friendship?

Hope this helps you in some way.

a few idle thoughts of being more then friends, but not acted on them
Reply 8
sorry to hear you're in a similar situation hessajee :/
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
sorry to hear you're in a similar situation hessajee :/

For me, two days before she decided to give me the silent treatment, my feelings changed for her (towards love). I just never got to tell her that before things went pear shaped. :frown:
Reply 10
I've added her to my follow list on twitter... I'll see if she'll follow me
Original post by hessajee
For me, two days before she decided to give me the silent treatment, my feelings changed for her (towards love). I just never got to tell her that before things went pear shaped. :frown:

I've added her to my follow list on twitter... I'll see if she'll follow me

Guys the similar thing happened with me in the past with one of my best friends from School times, rather she has stopped talking to me and let me tell you hessajee, it is quite normal for you to develop some strong feelings for her, because of her ignorance, this might just be an attraction or crush, because heart tends to react with more emotions to the one who ignores us be normal both of you guys and give space to your respective friends if still nothing comes out, go and directly talk to them and discuss the matter with them whatever has stopped her from contacting you, if possible. for you mr. Anonymous you wait till she does something positive for your case, as I sense you are not able to meet her in person....
Sorry to hear this happen to you OP.

I think the likely cause is that your ex-friend has just moved on in their life. Are you aware that they have made new friends recently, in particular with somebody who may not like you? Word gets around sometimes, and this is one of the reasons for it.
Reply 13
did anything happen before she stopped replyin to you? do you think you may have said/done something to upset her?
Hi,

I have a good friend who I chat to every few days, or I did. At the end of January, she stopped replying to my texts or whatsapps. I've sent a text every once in a while just saying hi, seeing if she wanted to chat. She hasn't replied to any of them. Presuming something had happened to her phone, I used my mums Facebook to send a message saying that it was me, that Id presumed something had happened to her phone, and I sent my number for her new phone. She hasn't replied to the message, despite having been on fb (I can see that she's accepted a few friend requests since I sent the message)
Now I don't know what to do.

Wrong. If they're doing that they are not a 'good' friend.
Reply 15
Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel
Sorry to hear this happen to you OP.

I think the likely cause is that your ex-friend has just moved on in their life. Are you aware that they have made new friends recently, in particular with somebody who may not like you? Word gets around sometimes, and this is one of the reasons for it.

she already knows anything which could have got round and acted negatively, and she knew them ages before this happened.
thanks for the advice though :smile:

Original post by Sanah Khan
did anything happen before she stopped replyin to you? do you think you may have said/done something to upset her?

I really dont think so....

Original post by upthegunners
Wrong. If they're doing that they are not a 'good' friend.

cheers, really useful
If you send her one text asking if anything has happened that has made her fall out with you and she doesn't reply then move on with your life. She isn't worth the drama and this is a pathetic way to behave. She needs to get a grip.
Reply 17
Original post by Financechick
If you send her one text asking if anything has happened that has made her fall out with you and she doesn't reply then move on with your life. She isn't worth the drama and this is a pathetic way to behave. She needs to get a grip.

cheers for the advice :smile:
Reply 18
ok, shes ignored both my twitter message thingys, so yeah... time to move on I think
Reply 19
agh, this is so ****ing annoying, I wish she'd at least say if I had done something wrong

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending