The Student Room Group

Has he lost interest?

I met a guy on a night out a couple of weeks ago, he asked for my number and since then we've been out a couple of times. Then he suddenly stopped texting about a week ago and I haven't heard anything from him all week :confused:

I don't know what changed to make him lose interest so suddenly, we went out the night before I went home for the holidays, and he text the next day to make sure I got home okay but after a few messages that day he hasn't sent any since.

Does it sound like he's lost interest or could he just have been busy all week? He's at home for the holidays too. I just feel like it was going quite well and don't know what changed :frown:
You could text him... Seriously, as a guy if I constantly have to text the girl first it annoys me and makes me think that they're not interested :smile: It can't hurt.
One week of no texting is not always a downsite hey, well i dont wanne give u false hope, but yeah u just met him, perhaps at the moment he met u he was busy seeing someone else, so if u like him very much, then dont give up to easy an wait just a bit and then try again , love sometimes can takes month, and sometimes even years....
Reply 3
Original post by mr_magic_man
You could text him... Seriously, as a guy if I constantly have to text the girl first it annoys me and makes me think that they're not interested :smile: It can't hurt.

I was thinking about it, the thing that was stopping me was that I'd last text him and I didn't want to look clingy if he'd just been busy :s-smilie:

Thanks for the advice :smile: Hmm, maybe he's been waiting to see if I would text :tongue:
Reply 4
It depends, he may just generally be busy.
If a guy really likes you, he'll make an effort to contact you.
I wouldn't give up hope, you've only just met there could be all sorts of valid reasons as to why he hasn't text.
Just drop him a casual message and see what he's up too, nothing too stalker-ish.
You could text him...
Reply 6
Original post by SummitOfReason
Well the way I see it there are 3 options, starting from most likely to least likely:

1. He's one of those manyyy dickheads where you can only keep him interested by acting like youre busy and you don't give a **** about him. You were far too nice to him, so he went off you. Treat 'em mean keep 'em keen. Sorry girlfriend, sometimes boys are just dicks and the nicer you are, the less interested they are. Next time, don't give yourself away so easy

2. He's a nice guy (very unlikely) but wants you to text him first because he's worried that you're not into him.

3. He's a nice guy (very unlikely) but has been held up by some **** thats been going on. **** does happen.

It's more likely 2/3 :rolleyes: surprisingly as much as it might surprise you most men aren't asshats . If you think that most men like to be that way you're not talking to the right men but badboyz are hawt aren't they.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
I text him and he replied, guess he was waiting to see if I text him incase I wasn't interested :tongue:
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
I text him and he replied, guess he was waiting to see if I text him incase I wasn't interested :tongue:

Either that or he's worried he was coming on to strong, so backed off a bit. Looking too keen can seriously put people off.
Reply 9
Original post by Mankytoes
Either that or he's worried he was coming on to strong, so backed off a bit. Looking too keen can seriously put people off.

Haha I know, that's why I didn't want to text him at first :tongue:
Reply 10
Original post by mr_magic_man
You could text him...

I genuinely don't get how girls don't try this first...
Original post by Anonymous
Haha I know, that's why I didn't want to text him at first :tongue:

That's fair enough, I know some people on here hate all the game playing, and it can be frustrating, but it's important to maintain attraction.
Reply 12
This seems like a non-problem, op have you tried you know... texting or giving him a call? Who cares if you think it seems clingy, it's only clingy if it's repeated and frequent.
Hey, the same sorta thing happened to me recently. Was seeing a guy/texting every day constantly, then all of a sudden he just ignored me/acted uninterested/ditched our date lol, but then i pushed it a bit with him and now we're together :smile:

Just try dropping him a text to show your still interested :smile:
I know people say you come off as keen/clingy when you text back very quickly or by sending loads of texts. I, however, am very easily excitable - if I meet a really nice pretty girl and we happen to click, its just I get carried away or excited that I can't put my phone down! That obviously doesn't always go down too well with the girl, but I can't help it.

Curse my excitability!

OP, just text him to see what he's up to. Its just one text to say hello, not one that says you're madly in love with him lol So, it should be fine.
(edited 11 years ago)
Maybe he's unsure what to say, try texting him. Then you can be more sure whether he has lost interest

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending