The Student Room Group

Unis won't give me a damn with no A Levels Math?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Rachel, what were your overall A level grades?

I do have a GCE O'level Math (B grade)
Reply 21
I can only speak for Economics but I have 5 offers and I didn't do maths( Exeter, Leicester, UEA, Lancaster and Sheffield.) You'll be disadvantaged with regards to the top uni's and some others. Not all uni's ask for Maths, those that don't will likely offer classes during the 1st year to bring your Maths up to scratch if you didn't do it at A Level.

However, if Urdu is your native language you may be at a disadvantage there as they may regard it as a non subject so to speak and say you only have 2 A Levels, you'll have to contact individual universities directly.
Reply 22
Original post by Dr DaMan
I can only speak for Economics but I have 5 offers and I didn't do maths( Exeter, Leicester, UEA, Lancaster and Sheffield.) You'll be disadvantaged with regards to the top uni's and some others. Not all uni's ask for Maths, those that don't will likely offer classes during the 1st year to bring your Maths up to scratch if you didn't do it at A Level.

However, if Urdu is your native language you may be at a disadvantage there as they may regard it as a non subject so to speak and say you only have 2 A Levels, you'll have to contact individual universities directly.

I also have an A in General Paper, but again to no avail in most unis.

Could you please tell your overall grades?
Reply 23
Original post by SeenSheen
I also have an A in General Paper, but again to no avail in most unis.

Could you please tell your overall grades?

I'm currently sat on AAB across the 3 units I've sat so far. The lack of Maths won't hold you back too much, Urdu however may. Again, you need to call up universities individually and see what they say. The further you get from the top universities the more likely they are to tell you what you want to hear, obviously.
Reply 24
Oh yes, I will get my phone recharged and would call several unis Tuesday morning.

But just to have an idea, and if you don't mind, what are the three subjects you are undertaking.

And a general question people: Are GCSE and O'levels same?
Reply 25
I do Economics Geography and Business
Because I do poetry in my native language- and I have always been interested in languages and literature. Should have kept my interests to library halls though.

who cares about pakistan?
Reply 27
Original post by study beats
who cares about pakistan?

Each one of those who care for your mom.
Each one of those who care for your mom.

??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending