The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Rejected By King's

Hello

I've recently been rejected by king's due to overwhelming number of students applying for the Bachelor of Management despite meeting the entry requirements.

Any advice on how to go about writing an appeal letter?
Reply 1
You don't, you were rejected for a reason. Why do you think they will change their mind because of you writing them a letter?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Sorry to hear that but....What is there to appeal about? If they have already filled the places how can they make you an offer? unfortunately you applied in a year with a lot of other applicants.
Reply 3
New information such as IELTS results and additional qualifications count as a reason to appeal?
Reply 4
Original post by SherChee
Hello

I've recently been rejected by king's due to overwhelming number of students applying for the Bachelor of Management despite meeting the entry requirements.

You won't be able to appeal the decision :sadnod: the best thing that you could do is:

1. Email them asking for feedback asking what were the weak areas of your application;

2. Either attend another university that you have an offer from September or use the feedback that they give you to improve on your application for the following September.

Again, apologises to hear about the rejection. Good luck with whatever decision you decide to make :smile:
Original post by SherChee
Hello

Where have you been living your whole life? Meeting the entry requirements is merely a pre-requisite to being considered at most competitive uni's, from that pool they then select the best applicants to give offers. From that batch you were not chosen, writing an appeal letter isn't going to make any difference unless you have serious extenuating circumstances (even then I don't know).

Reply 6
I asked for feedback for my rejection and they primarily said it was my PS.

As most applicants meet the requirements, they are looking for a PS that differentiates.

Either attend a school which gave you an offer or reapply this coming September.

What offers do you have from other schools?
Reply 7
Original post by tycosiao
I asked for feedback for my rejection and they primarily said it was my PS.

As most applicants meet the requirements, they are looking for a PS that differentiates.

Either attend a school which gave you an offer or reapply this coming September.

What offers do you have from other schools?

I've been accepted by Manchester and Exeter but have not received offers from Warwick yet. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest