The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

bristol or sussex?

Studying history.

I had really wanted to go to Bristol but then I went to the open day and was a bit dissapointed with the way it was run. Went to sussex yesterday and thought it was great, so much nicer, well organized, professors seemed more passionate and for one thing it was so much warmer (had to wear coat in the lecture room at bristol.) Also the course at sussex seemed more appealing. I grew up in Brighton, loved it and then moved to a town I didn't like so going back there would be nice.

Bristol on the other hand is a better university, but does prestige really matter (i know tsr is obsessed by it)? like is a first from sussex the same as a first from bristol?

oh dear i think ive answered my own question really, but that being said there's a part of me that is still unsure and any advice would be appreciated
Hahaha, i'm having this exact dilemma but for a different course :L A girl who advised me said prestige does not matter. In overall league tables they're not a million miles away from each other either :smile: It seems like you'd be happier at Sussex.
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Go where the course holds the most interest - and where you think you will feel more comfortable. Only you can judge this.
Decided on Sussex, for me :smile:
Reply 4
Go where you feel happiest but take it from a current US student who feels this place is well for want of a better expression - not half as good as they think it is.
What course? Sussex is amazing. I love it.
Reply 6
Amazing ?

So give me one good reason why
Reply 7
Original post by Zenomorph
Amazing ?

So give me one good reason why

Why don't you like Sussex? Can you elaborate please?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending