The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MattFletcher
I do better in the exams?

Ditto.
Reply 561
I do better in the exams?

Well maybe the article I read is delusional then.. Idk!
Original post by MrGoogle
Also, are we just good here.. getting lots of A*.. or are A* just really easy. I want to go to Oxbridge and seem to be average on GCSE's.. Any explanations?

A*s are really difficult to achieve. I only get it in the Physics/Maths because I'm good at it
Also, are we just good here.. getting lots of A*.. or are A* just really easy. I want to go to Oxbridge and seem to be average on GCSE's.. Any explanations?

Average isn't like that :tongue: average is probably around 12 points where:

A* = 3
A = 2
B = 1
Original post by L'Evil Fish

A* = 3
A = 2
B = 1

If twelve is the average I'm happy with my grades!:p:):cool:
Evening everyone :smile:
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
Evening everyone :smile:

Guten Abend
Reply 567

A* = 3
A = 2
B = 1

What is this for?
Original post by lolface32
What is this for?

He's talking about people who go to Oxbridge. In general their GCSE grades add up to 12 points and the values below are how much each grade is worth out of 12.
Reply 569
Original post by Elm Tree
He's talking about people who go to Oxbridge. In general their GCSE grades add up to 12 points and the values below are how much each grade is worth out of 12.

hahaha, what you said at the end was a bit obvious
I meant was this for applicants or people who actually are offered places?
And 12 seems kinda low?:confused::confused:
Reply 570

WHAT:lolwut:
Reply 571

What? I thought the average was like 8A*'s.. Anyone know where you can find stats for this? I wanna study Physics! Any thoughts on required GCSEs?
hahaha, what you said at the end was a bit obvious
I meant was this for applicants or people who actually are offered places?
And 12 seems kinda low?:confused::confused:

I thought that as well, but then again L'evil has always been a bit of an enigma :tongue:
Reply 573
I've found some data, which has a correlation between A* number and acceptance%. There's a notable number with few A*s but the correlation is obvious.

However, how much do GCSEs actually matter? because the people who get 12A*s are the kinda people who get 4A* at A2, then get in. So it doesn't actually show how much importance Oxbridge put on GCSEs..
I've found some data, which has a correlation between A* number and acceptance%. There's a notable number with few A*s but the correlation is obvious.

However, how much do GCSEs actually matter? because the people who get 12A*s are the kinda people who get 4A* at A2, then get in. So it doesn't actually show how much importance Oxbridge put on GCSEs..

Can you post the link please, I'd like to see it as well. :smile:
Natural science (which includes physics) at Cambridge
Reply 576
Can you post the link please, I'd like to see it as well. :smile:

It's on a bit of paper.. Can I post photos I take here..? Ideas anyone?!
If twelve is the average I'm happy with my grades!:p:):cool:

What is this for?

I thought that as well, but then again L'evil has always been a bit of an enigma :tongue:

:eek: not Oxbridge!!!!

Average for them would be 25 ish
It's on a bit of paper.. Can I post photos I take here..? Ideas anyone?!

You can take a photo of it on your phone then visit this thread and upload it directly via the 'Insert Image' function.

Worked for me :tongue:
:eek: not Oxbridge!!!!

Average for them would be 25 ish

Ah, lol that makes more sense

Latest