The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by deedee123
probably extremely intelligent and average looking, average looking people still find people to love them.

I agree.
I would rather be extremely intelligent and average looking.
Average looking people still do fine in life- they still find people to love them etc.
With being extremely intelligent, you can go on to do really well job wise, and make something really good of yourself.
Well I'm already extremely, extremely intelligent, so I would probably say very good-looking as well. But I have been told by many/I personally think that I am very attractive. *Cue jealous people negging me*
Original post by TooIntelligent
Well I'm already extremely, extremely intelligent, so I would probably say very good-looking as well. But I have been told by many/I personally think that I am very attractive. *Cue jealous people negging me*

Yeah, we're all haters :rolleyes:
intelligent surely if your stunning your have everybody turning heads, worshipping the ground you walk on and everybody wanting to know you but what happens when your looks fade?? or even how do you know a person is really with you for you not just because your the best looking girl/boy that everybody wants to be with? youd also feel a need to always be the best looking

Id much rather be clever make something of my life, meet new people and then have somebody love me for me
Original post by Elm Tree
Yeah, we're all haters :rolleyes:

Yes. It's not my fault I'm pretty much perfect :rolleyes:

Very funny.
Original post by Mankytoes
Yeah, I'd rather be a dead than be Zac Efron aswell :wink:

Perfectly understandable.
Reply 167

:closedeyes:
Original post by Bulbasaur
Very funny.

Wasn't a joke. I'm intelligent, attractive, rich and well-educated. What more is there to ask for?
Original post by KingMessi
Not 'extremely', though - not by a long stretch. It's not the same as being like the people I named above, which I assumed the OP meant when they said 'extremely'.

If intelligence is anything to do with potential, then you certainly have every potential to be like Hitchens/Barnes.

Both attended Oxford. You are at Oxford.
Extremely intelligent - you're likely to be remembered for the things you did, not what you looked like. Besides intelligence lasts longer than beauty, generally.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by im so academic
If intelligence is anything to do with potential, then you certainly have every potential to be like Hitchens/Barnes.

Both attended Oxford. You are at Oxford.

Hmm, I think I have to disagree there. One of the things one has to cope with at Oxford is the inevitability of there being people who are simply on a different intellectual level.

Anyway, I think this is a little off topic. I think we can both agree that it is infinitely better to be extremely intelligent than extremely good-looking. :smile:
Intelligence for sure.

A bit disheartening that so many people are opting for the other option, but then most people are ****ing worthless so whatever.

How modest of you, don't flatter yourself with the double 'extremely'. nice username by the way:wink::cool:
I'd much rather be extremely intelligent as then I could put it to good use in helping other people or whatever I decide to apply myself in. As much as I'd love myself to be better looking, looks degenerate over time and I think some girls might devalue who I am because they're going out with me due to my looks - whereas if I was intelligent and average looking then girls would go out with me because I'm an all rounded person (assuming that they can bear my looks).
Original post by MattFletcher
How modest of you, don't flatter yourself with the double 'extremely'. nice username by the way:wink::cool:

Thank you dear. :smile:
Reply 176
Original post by KingMessi
Extremely intelligent. I find myself far more envious of Christopher Hitchens and Julian Barnes than David Beckham and Zac Efron.
mind you, Beckham hasn't done to bad for himself and seems to have grown in intelligence over the years...
Would rather be extremely intelligent, make lots of money, then get all the money seeking, hot hoes haha
Extremely average with good-looking intelligence.
As a general rule, anyone who chooses appearance over intelligence is already a dimwit.

Latest

Trending

Trending