The Student Room Group

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
Original post by chernid
She played Jasmine Thomas I believe. For a brief time, she was the lesbian love of Debbie Dingle. Internet it.

:colone::colone::colone:
Reply 301
I don't like Matt Smith as the doctor. David Tennant was the best doctor since the re-launch and probably ever, he brought something to the doctor that I haven't seen since he left >.<

They should also bring back Russell.T. Davies as head writer/ executive producer. Moffat tries… but fails. I mean, a few series ago when he had the whole River Song/ Amy plot that was just SO complex :redface:

I am looking forward to Coleman as the new assistant though :smile: and the 50th anniversary. That I just cannot wait for :biggrin:
Reply 302
I have no specific preference between the doctors actually. I see them as different personality, and it is really up to them to portray the doctor as someone of that character and how the character grows throughout his generation with his companion and adventure. In terms of writing, there are ups and downs. As a foundation, RTD and Moffat's writing style is very different, so I don't compare them on the same standard - I just sit back relax and enjoy the Who experience with the show. :smile:
Reply 303
Easter Eggs galore in the recent episode :biggrin: Personally Ecclestone is my favourite, purely cause he was my first, and I do feel that the past couple of series haven't quite been up to snuff... Still, can't wait to see the rest of the series :smile:
Reply 304
Original post by Abbieastoria
I actually never guessed that until the episode before it was revealed

I want Jenny back! They can't just have her fly off in a spaceship and never be seen again!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ergh, I never much cared for Jenny... That entire episode smelt like sequel bait
Has everyone read the first chapter of 'Summer Falls' yet? You can read it here http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-04-02/doctor-who-read-the-entire-first-chapter-of-summer-falls-by-amy-pond

^
just noticed the url says it's written by amy pond not williams so that confirms our suspicions!

Spoiler

(edited 11 years ago)
Did anyone else buy the Radio Times this week only for the DW episode guide?
Reply 307
Best line for me was "Oswin" "for the win!" Geekery at its finest.
Reply 308
Original post by Scienceisgood
There are only 2 episodes she has been in I would recommend watching to see her past and future self.

The Asylum of the Daleks
The last Christmas special.

Those are the only episodes she has been in. :smile:

I have watched the 2 episodes and I am glad I did, thanks. I am now looking forward to tonight's episode.
Guess who now has a sonic screwdriver :proud:
Original post by Mafer
I have no specific preference between the doctors actually. I see them as different personality, and it is really up to them to portray the doctor as someone of that character and how the character grows throughout his generation with his companion and adventure. In terms of writing, there are ups and downs. As a foundation, RTD and Moffat's writing style is very different, so I don't compare them on the same standard - I just sit back relax and enjoy the Who experience with the show. :smile:

You summed up my opinion very well. I like the doctors all in different ways, the same with their companions. Similarly, I don't really see what some people are saying about certain writers being better than others: they're different and there are some episodes/story arcs I've related to better than others, but I can't say that I've not enjoyed all of them. Like you, I take Doctor Who as it comes and enjoy the ride! I've never really felt disappointed.
Reply 311
It's time for Dr Who :biggrin:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Guys, if you had a TARDIS with enough power for 2 journeys, where would you go?

(Bare in mind, if you go somewhere, you can use the other trip to go back home or go somewhere else to live forever)
Original post by Ellie_May :)
Has everyone read the first chapter of 'Summer Falls' yet? You can read it here http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-04-02/doctor-who-read-the-entire-first-chapter-of-summer-falls-by-amy-pond

^
just noticed the url says it's written by amy pond not williams so that confirms our suspicions!

Spoiler

Considering last names change upon marriage...

Spoiler

No disrespect intended to any long term fans in here, but wouldn't people agree that was pretty bad watching?

I feel like the writer's are trying to be too clever with it and failing. What even happened in that? :redface: With a hint of regret, I remember why I stopped watching.
^^ Yeah, I stopped watching fairly early in the Amy/Rory era but I decided to give it the benefit of the doubt tonight, and all this episode did was remind me of why I gave up on DH in the first place. That was so bad in so many ways.
Maybe im being really dense here but

Spoiler

Yay! everyone was saved in the recent episode,
Except the 7 worlds were left without a sun.
Reply 318
Is it just me or do the writer's abuse the Sonic Screwdriver WAY too much? I mean how many times did it save the Doctor in that episode?

Also, the plot progressed NOWHERE up until the last 20 minutes. I mean was there any point in even watching the first half, other then the intro maybe?

I cringed all the way through the Doctor's speech :facepalm:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Arkay
Is it just me or do the writer's abuse the Sonic Screwdriver WAY too much? I mean how many times did it save the Doctor in that episode?

Also, the plot progressed NOWHERE up until the last 20 minutes. I mean was there any point in even watching the first half, other then the intro maybe?

I cringed all the way through the Doctor's speech :facepalm:

The sonic screwdriver has become a magic wand and New Who keeps over using the damn thing. The solution they came up with was 'deadlock seal' and that created new idiocy. http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Deadlock_seal

Original post by PKMN TRN JAM
Yay! everyone was saved in the recent episode,
Except the 7 worlds were left without a sun.

A contender for one of the worst new Doctor Who eps along side 'Fear Her' and 'Love and Monsters'

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending