The Student Room Group

Have I got enough time to get A*s @ A level?

Hi,

I recently started my revision a few days ago, doing six hours a day - for six exams in the summer (Three A2 exams (History x1 Politics x2) and three AS exams). The first exam starts on the 21st of May.

Do I still have enough time to get A*s in my A2 and As @ AS?

Thanks in advance
Reply 1
Original post by Bismarck.
Hi,

I recently started my revision a few days ago, doing six hours a day - for six exams in the summer (Three A2 exams (History x1 Politics x2) and three AS exams). The first exam starts on the 21st of May.

Do I still have enough time to get A*s in my A2 and As @ AS?

Thanks in advance

Probably, depends on how quickly you pick stuff up :P.
Also I'd recommend that you spend a lot of time doing past papers
Original post by bahjat93
Probably, depends on how quickly you pick stuff up :P.
Also I'd recommend that you spend a lot of time doing past papers

I agree.
I found past papers to be mega useful.
Reply 3
Original post by Emma:-)
I agree.
I found past papers to be mega useful.

That's the beauty of the A-level system :biggrin:.
Spend 3 nights doing solely past papers and get a good grade :tongue:
Original post by bahjat93
That's the beauty of the A-level system :biggrin:.
Spend 3 nights doing solely past papers and get a good grade :tongue:

is that so you can get used to the actual exam technique ?
Original post by Midnight1811

NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no way??
Reply 6

Not only that, but in some subjects you'll more often than not see a pattern developing of what type of questions may be asked... Though I'd, NEVER, recommend just revising a topic of a subject that you predict will come up.
Reply 7
If you're normally good at cramming revision, then yes, yes you have.

Also, just to echo the above sentiments, make sure to nail the exam technique above all else.
Original post by TheMan100
Not only that, but in some subjects you'll more often than not see a pattern developing of what type of questions may be asked... Though I'd, NEVER, recommend just revising a topic of a subject that you predict will come up.

True, because in my sciences theres something called HowScienceWorks so that generally in an exam a question will be asked on something in that section.

I'm just confused in the command words Describe & Explain.

Is explain me just stating something I see (ie a diagram, stating the trend) & explain me going through why something happens ?
Reply 9
True, because in my sciences theres something called HowScienceWorks so that generally in an exam a question will be asked on something in that section.

I'm just confused in the command words Describe & Explain.

Is explain me just stating something I see (ie a diagram, stating the trend) & explain me going through why something happens ?

I think explain means to give reasons behind why something is the way it is, e.g. explaining why the diagram is that shape (what are the reasons for this...? ).

That's how I'd interpret it anyway.
Reply 10
Yes, loads of time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending