The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JoshL123
Oh wow, that is amazing!

I have now, however, been shouted at as I stuck it up on the wall and apparently that will cause damp and ruin the walls :tongue:
Reply 381
Original post by Beth_L_G
I have now, however, been shouted at as I stuck it up on the wall and apparently that will cause damp and ruin the walls :tongue:

I'm not allowed to stick anything on my walls unless its framed :P. How is revision going for you? It seems like you are going to smash unit 5!
I'm not allowed to stick anything on my walls unless its framed :P. How is revision going for you? It seems like you are going to smash unit 5!

It's going quite well I think, how about you?

Hope I do. I'm retaking after I got a D in it last year, and a C, 3 ums off a B, overall

In my defence I spent most of last year in hospital or doped up on pain killers :L

What grade are you aiming for? I'm hoping for an A, A* if I've done well on the isa
Reply 383
It's going quite well I think, how about you?

Hope I do. I'm retaking after I got a D in it last year, and a C, 3 ums off a B, overall

In my defence I spent most of last year in hospital or doped up on pain killers :L

What grade are you aiming for? I'm hoping for an A, A* if I've done well on the isa

Yeah it been going alright! Did very little today though :/. In terms of Biology, I have nearly fully revised coordination and nerves.

That is completely is completely understandable! Its amazing that you are going for an A/A*, and it definitely seems like you will achieve it :biggrin:! I am going for an A/A*! I've done the ISAs as well, just waiting to hear back the marks from my second! Just worried about the synoptic essay. Got five exams in June :s-smilie:. How about you?
Yeah it been going alright! Did very little today though :/. In terms of Biology, I have nearly fully revised coordination and nerves.

That is completely is completely understandable! Its amazing that you are going for an A/A*, and it definitely seems like you will achieve it :biggrin:! I am going for an A/A*! I've done the ISAs as well, just waiting to hear back the marks from my second! Just worried about the synoptic essay. Got five exams in June :s-smilie:. How about you?

Yeah I have 5 too. Bio4, bio5, chem4, chem5 and phys5
What ones you got?
Reply 385
Yeah I have 5 too. Bio4, bio5, chem4, chem5 and phys5
What ones you got?

Core 4, M1, Chem 5, Biol 5 and Phay 5. Physics unit 5 is an absolute nightmare. Cant get myself to open the textbook haha!
Core 4, M1, Chem 5, Biol 5 and Phay 5. Physics unit 5 is an absolute nightmare. Cant get myself to open the textbook haha!

Oo don't envy the maths. I did a level maths in 1 year because I hated it and wanted to get it done with. Ended getting a D haha

Physics 5 is evil but luckily I only need a high E to get a B overall :biggrin:
Which of the optional unit are you doing?
Reply 387
Oo don't envy the maths. I did a level maths in 1 year because I hated it and wanted to get it done with. Ended getting a D haha

Physics 5 is evil but luckily I only need a high E to get a B overall :biggrin:
Which of the optional unit are you doing?

I actually like maths! It the one I'm going for A* it, but I probably wouldn't have said that when I did further maths last year. The pace of learning was just to fast that I dropped it within a month or two! Wow, thats really good! I'm not too sure on what I need, given that we do EMPAS in physics :/. I'm doing astrophysics! How about you? I don't think its too bad, just boring :L
I actually like maths! It the one I'm going for A* it, but I probably wouldn't have said that when I did further maths last year. The pace of learning was just to fast that I dropped it within a month or two! Wow, thats really good! I'm not too sure on what I need, given that we do EMPAS in physics :/. I'm doing astrophysics! How about you? I don't think its too bad, just boring :L

Also physics too! I actually enjoy the ACTUAL astrophysics (life of a star etc) but I hate all the lenses stuff -.-
Reply 389
Guys how are you revising for this unit. DNA technology is such a tedious topic and I really dont want to write pages of notes that is already in the book :frown:
Original post by Gulzar
Guys how are you revising for this unit. DNA technology is such a tedious topic and I really dont want to write pages of notes that is already in the book :frown:

Instead of notes try the following:

Work through the relevant sections of the Nelson Thornes book, answering the summary questions as you go. They’re short questions but very probing.

Good luck
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by biology911
Instead of notes try the following:

Work through the relevant sections of the Nelson Thornes book, answering the summary questions as you go. They’re short questions but very probing.

Good luck

True that actually works wonders...practice questions :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
somebody please go through chi squared and the other statistical tests we may have to do in the empa? please im begging lol
Reply 393
Original post by V95
that would be amazing - i'll pm you my email address.. thank you so much!

please could you email me this aswell? :smile:
For those of you that wanted a clearer image the other day hopefully this is ok :smile:DSCF8227.jpg
For those of you that wanted a clearer image the other day hopefully this is ok :smile:DSCF8227.jpg

Is the Diseases and Adaptions parts for the essay?
Original post by HELPIMSTUCK
Is the Diseases and Adaptions parts for the essay?

Yup. They're 2 topics that seems to come up, plus they covered pretty much most of unit 1 and 2 :smile:

I ended up buying that book, but I didnt really expect it to be THAT small! :confused:
anyone know the ums conversions from raw marks?
Original post by James A
Hang on, did my post just get deleted?

Who even moderates this forum? All that time spent, typing up my essay response and it got deleted by a mod. Great, just great.

Could you send me the essay if you have a copy of it? I don't know why it got deleted. First time I posted mine it got deleted too. I'm making a book of example essays and yours was a great example

Latest

Trending

Trending