The Student Room Group

Edexcel C3,C4 June 2013 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 440
Can someone please tell me how to integrate these two question (see attached).
i'm confused.
Original post by AishaTara
i thought the same, but practice makes perfect. I now can do it all except the last parts where it requires drawing

That's exactly the bit i'm talking about. I guess we have 2 (and a bit) months to get it right though.
Original post by The Guide.
Has anyone started any C3/C4 papers yet? If so, what kind of questions you finding difficult?

Yeah finished C4 and C3 Edexcel papers, need to start on extra stuff, like finishing everything in the textbook, solomon papers, elmwood, etc. The most difficult for me in C3 is exponential rates of change, and domain and range, and as for C4 it would have to be Newton's law of cooling, and all those big wordy questions, hate them!
Original post by Bulbasaur
That's exactly the bit i'm talking about. I guess we have 2 (and a bit) months to get it right though.

ahh yeah dw 2 months is plenty of time

Original post by nukethemaly
Yeah finished C4 and C3 Edexcel papers, need to start on extra stuff, like finishing everything in the textbook, solomon papers, elmwood, etc. The most difficult for me in C3 is exponential rates of change, and domain and range, and as for C4 it would have to be Newton's law of cooling, and all those big wordy questions, hate them!

doing elmwood from tomorrow probs

bloody hell, youre so ahead!
Reply 444

Did you score high in the past papers? I've never even thought of starting past papers this early.. maybe I need to start as well.
doing elmwood from tomorrow probs

bloody hell, youre so ahead!

Hahaha, trying to not give myself an excuse to slip up this year, hence staying ahead!
Original post by franzk
Did you score high in the past papers? I've never even thought of starting past papers this early.. maybe I need to start as well.

C3 papers, for the June 06 and 07 series, I scored about 75-85%, but the rest were all above 90%, but that's all considering that I love C3, its probably my favourite core. As for C4, my lowest was 57/75 on June '05, the rest were above 85%. But I'm sure I will encounter lots of problems whilst doing Solomon.
Hahaha, trying to not give myself an excuse to slip up this year, hence staying ahead!

why what did you get at AS?

some good marks you've got up there ^^
did you do c3 in Jan?
why what did you get at AS?

some good marks you've got up there ^^
did you do c3 in Jan?

Well last year I got a D at AS, terrible, I know, but I pulled that up to an A this Jan. I've never really been naturally "good" at maths, so I have to work hard.

Nope, I didn't do C3 in Jan, have you seen the paper? I did it as a mock, and it was quite tricky. Did you do C3 in Jan? How's revision going for you? Any difficulties yet?
Well last year I got a D at AS, terrible, I know, but I pulled that up to an A this Jan. I've never really been naturally "good" at maths, so I have to work hard.

Nope, I didn't do C3 in Jan, have you seen the paper? I did it as a mock, and it was quite tricky. Did you do C3 in Jan? How's revision going for you? Any difficulties yet?

congrats!! thats an epic improvement. how much work did you have to do for your resits? i heard c1 in jan was horrid, but c2 was good!
i've seen it -looks awful! :O
nah I didnt
its okay, feeling abit behind though tbh

do you do statistics or mechanics?
Has anyone started past papers yet? I'm resitting C1,C2,S1 with my A2's S2,C4.
any positive advice?
congrats!! thats an epic improvement. how much work did you have to do for your resits? i heard c1 in jan was horrid, but c2 was good!
i've seen it -looks awful! :O
nah I didnt
its okay, feeling abit behind though tbh

do you do statistics or mechanics?

I happened to sit C1, and although I worked harder on C1 than M1, I only got an 87 on C1, but 96 on M1, not sure how! But yeah M1 in jan was a goooood paper. C1 was HELL. I'm resitting C1 (I know seems stupid) but really hoping to get 95+ this time (need leverage in case I fail S1).

My college does either S1/S2 or M1/M2. But I just got sick of Mechanics so I ended up dropping it at A2, and picking up S1, so I'm self teaching. Much easier than M2 haha.

What do you do? And as for my resits, I did solomon, edexcel papers, and the blue textbook for C1. M1 I only really did edexcel past papers and some textbook work for vectors. Are you resitting anything?
Original post by nm786
Can someone please tell me how to integrate these two question (see attached).
i'm confused.

Intergration by substitution - using u's and stuff like in c3. If it's from the c4 textbook ex6/7E I think? Then the bit on substitution is a few pages after
Original post by BobTheBuilder94
Has anyone started past papers yet? I'm resitting C1,C2,S1 with my A2's S2,C4.
any positive advice?

probably starting on past papers would be the best advice anyone can give you at the minute :wink:
I happened to sit C1, and although I worked harder on C1 than M1, I only got an 87 on C1, but 96 on M1, not sure how! But yeah M1 in jan was a goooood paper. C1 was HELL. I'm resitting C1 (I know seems stupid) but really hoping to get 95+ this time (need leverage in case I fail S1).

My college does either S1/S2 or M1/M2. But I just got sick of Mechanics so I ended up dropping it at A2, and picking up S1, so I'm self teaching. Much easier than M2 haha.

What do you do? And as for my resits, I did solomon, edexcel papers, and the blue textbook for C1. M1 I only really did edexcel past papers and some textbook work for vectors. Are you resitting anything?

only 87 aha!you wont fail s1, its easier than M1!!!!
thats incredible 96! did you not work last year ? such an improvement well done!
I wouldnt bother with c1 again then, I'd focus 16 safety UMS for S1 is enough and im almost certain if you work you wont get lower than a B if you work the way u do in s1. I revised night before and scrapped an A and I got an E in my stats mock haha
I did s1 last year, m1 this year.
blue book? as in edexcel book?
Not for Maths
one chem, one bio
wbu?

u need A* for your offer for maths? also, how many hours are you working aday? you seem to be doing LOADS :P
only 87 aha!you wont fail s1, its easier than M1!!!!
thats incredible 96! did you not work last year ? such an improvement well done!
I wouldnt bother with c1 again then, I'd focus 16 safety UMS for S1 is enough and im almost certain if you work you wont get lower than a B if you work the way u do in s1. I revised night before and scrapped an A and I got an E in my stats mock haha
I did s1 last year, m1 this year.
blue book? as in edexcel book?
Not for Maths
one chem, one bio
wbu?

u need A* for your offer for maths? also, how many hours are you working aday? you seem to be doing LOADS :P

I feel like I'm not doing enough! I procrastinate a lot (EXHIBIT A).

I finished the C3 papers sometime last year because I got bored doing C1 so much hahaha. Oh god, I would never risk revising just a night before for Maths A-level (I tried last year but didn't work in my favour)

Oh man, good luck with M1, especially vectors, they were the bane of my existence for quite a few months.

And yeah, blue as in the Edexcel textbook, I said blue specifically cos I know people use different textbooks.

Yeah I have a chem retake, and C1 and C2.

I don't NEED an A*, but I'm hoping to get it anyway because I'm applying for medicine during my gap year (hopefully). I've been sleeping a lot these days as opposed to revising, but I don't revise for a set time, I set targets for each day.
(edited 11 years ago)
I feel like I'm not doing enough! I procrastinate a lot (EXHIBIT A).

I finished the C3 papers sometime last year because I got bored doing C1 so much hahaha. Oh god, I would never risk revising just a night before for Maths A-level (I tried last year but didn't work in my favour)

Oh man, good luck with M1, especially vectors, they were the bane of my existence for quite a few months.

And yeah, blue as in the Edexcel textbook, I said blue specifically cos I know people use different textbooks.

Yeah I have a chem retake, and C1 and C2.

atleast its not a bio retake they are horrid!!!

honestly, well done with the massive improvement! Thats so good!

how many jan exams did you have- were they retakes or a2 as well?
haha I hate vectors too :/
(edited 11 years ago)
atleast its not a bio retake they are horrid!!!

honestly, well done with the massive improvement! Thats so good!

how many jan exams did you have- were they retakes or a2 as well?
haha I hate vectors too :/

Aw thank you! :biggrin:. I did biology and maths.
Aw thank you! :biggrin:. I did biology and maths.

how did you do in bio?
im retaking a paper and dont know what im doing wrong :/
how did you do in bio?
im retaking a paper and dont know what im doing wrong :/

Do you do Edexcel? 110/120 for unit 1 and 116/120 for unit 2. Key is to read the examiner reports and make notes from that!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending