The Student Room Group

What do you think of the TSR micro-debating April fool?

Poll

What do you think of micro debating?

What do you guys reckon?

I thought it was going to be instantly called out as an april fool but a load of people are enjoying posting and continuing still after it being outed as an april fool.
Reply 1
Are you thinking of keeping it permanently?
Reply 2
Original post by CLS94
Are you thinking of keeping it permanently?

No, think it's being taken down in a few days.

I just personally wanted to see your opinions tbh.
We should definitely keep it, but make it physically impossible to go past the 140 character limit.
What called it out as an April Fool for me was the "lacking context or relevant examples" part of the forum description, I knew even TSR wouldn't be encouraging that seriously.
Reply 5
Original post by David Tennant
We should definitely keep it, but make it physically impossible to go past the 140 character limit.

Interesting. Could be done probably if there was a longer need for it.

Original post by The Mad Dog
What called it out as an April Fool for me was the "lacking context or relevant examples" part of the forum description, I knew even TSR wouldn't be encouraging that seriously.

There always has to be clues otherwise it's no fun. :wink:
Reply 6
It did actually fool me. I guess I just didn't think about it too much but it is quite silly really :tongue:
Original post by The Mad Dog

Yeah, that phrase was written by me as a 'clue' for the people paying attention, I'm glad it worked :biggrin:

(It was also meant to be a dig at Twitter for being an inferior place to have a proper debate, but I doubt that came across quite so well :p:)
Reply 8
I don't get it- I thought April Fool's were supposed to be funny :confused:
Reply 9
I didn't even see it as an April Fools; I thought it was just a good new idea :dontknow:
I thought it was a good idea. There need to be more debates in it and it to be physically impossible to pass the character limit
Reply 11
Great idea! Be gone with the TL;DRs!
Original post by MacDaddi
Great idea! Be gone with the TL;DRs!

TL;DR - stop alienating us with your post lengths!
Original post by Motorbiker
No, think it's being taken down in a few days.

I just personally wanted to see your opinions tbh.

Why not keep it? I stand with many TSRians when I say "KEEP IT!"

Please keep it.
Reply 14
I don't mean to blow my own trumpet but if you look at my post in the Commons Bar on April 1st, I thought it was an april fools joke...

Original post by meenu89
I thought the twitter style part of TSR was an April fool....
(edited 11 years ago)
Keep it!!!! But make the limit 200 not 140

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
You can't argue with the facts. Pwease kweep it :puppyeyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending