The Student Room Group

How many hours are you revising each day?

Scroll to see replies

I'm a private candidate for the A levels, have C3, C4 left for Math, FP2, M2, S4 for Further and Units 3 and 4 for Econ to go. 8 exams in total, need to nail the further math units because my AS Further barely make the 80 average, and I need AAA to make my offer.
Been revising 7ish hours a day for the last 2 weeks, hope to kick it up to 8-9 for the next few weeks. Somehow I manage the 7 hours a day Mon-Friday quite okay, but Saturdays and Sundays I get a total of 3-4 hours in total, cause I just don't feel upto working.
Reply 161
Original post by upthegunners
It's more than enough

4 hours of effective revision would be plenty

I do this: 30 minutes revision, 15minute break, 30 minutes revision, 30minute break. (Repeat 1 or 2 times more)

For Christmas exams I took the approach of "I am going to do amazing as I revised solid for8 hours today"..ohh I was so wrong.

Quality over quantity my son!

Well 4 hours of revision is defo not enough for me.. I feel so guilty when I'm not doing any work knowing that I have exams coming!
I do 2 hours of hardcore revision, 1 hour break... repeat and repeat... 7-9 hours revision done.
I did this for my Christmas exams and turned out well

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wndms
Well 4 hours of revision is defo not enough for me.. I feel so guilty when I'm not doing any work knowing that I have exams coming!
I do 2 hours of hardcore revision, 1 hour break... repeat and repeat... 7-9 hours revision done.
I did this for my Christmas exams and turned out well

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well everyone is different I guess

but after half an hour I stop for a break, then I briefly read over what I was learning the next half hour

Repetition in shot bursts is the key

And then about 3 weeks before the exams it's just a matter of smashing into pastpapers
Reply 163
It's more than enough

4 hours of effective revision would be plenty

I do this: 30 minutes revision, 15minute break, 30 minutes revision, 30minute break. (Repeat 1 or 2 times more)

For Christmas exams I took the approach of "I am going to do amazing as I revised solid for8 hours today"..ohh I was so wrong.

Quality over quantity my son!

I do exactly this technique, I adapted to this on Friday, thought I would give it a try and it's a lot better than just doing 1 hour straight! :biggrin:
Original post by LaughingGas
I do exactly this technique, I adapted to this on Friday, thought I would give it a try and it's a lot better than just doing 1 hour straight! :biggrin:

Yea i know! fab technique! I know I have done a solid 4 hours because during that half hour I am 'in the zone' :wink:
Reply 165
Yea i know! fab technique! I know I have done a solid 4 hours because during that half hour I am 'in the zone' :wink:

Haha yeah, will continue to use this in the week coming up, for now I'm just chilling, needed a break. I find 30 min chunks more effective compared to 1 hour, I tend to lose concentration after 30 mins. But yeah, still gets my 4 hours done, and I get a lot of work done in that 30 min period, which is good. :biggrin:
Haha yeah, will continue to use this in the week coming up, for now I'm just chilling, needed a break. I find 30 min chunks more effective compared to 1 hour, I tend to lose concentration after 30 mins. But yeah, still gets my 4 hours done, and I get a lot of work done in that 30 min period, which is good. :biggrin:

Chilling this weekend or are you on a 30 minute break? :smile:
:cool:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 168
Chilling this weekend or are you on a 30 minute break? :smile:

Chilling for the weekend :cool:
I have 13 (+4 practicals) so im spending between 6-12 hours a day.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Chilling for the weekend :cool:

You boss :cool:

I am starting now.

Cannot afford to take anymore breaks...
Original post by Jatz07
I'm doing GCSE's :work: How many hours do you think I should do? I'm planning to do 13 hrs each day - I have 13 exams by the way. Thanks in advance. Jatz

I did about 4 hours a day for GCSE's, you don't have to do loads as GCSE's don't require a lot to remember compared to A-levels.
Reply 172
You boss :cool:

I am starting now.

Cannot afford to take anymore breaks...

When did you start revising? Today?
When did you start revising? Today?

Monday :redface:

I kept on top throughout the year though. I also was doing Maths before Monday but that's because I am doing it over a year not 2 years :biggrin:

When did you start? :smile:
I have AS 5 exams (including my French oral on April 22nd D: )

I did write a timetable for this week but I'm struggling to remember what revision techniques I used in GCSE last year.

Does anyone have a preferred method?

Im doing French, History and English Literature by the way.
5 AS Level Exams...
Have 6 hours a day scheduled but usually end up doing more... This is because I set targets of what I want to get done, and it usually takes me longer than what I think it will.
I'm doing about 4-5 hours a day. Thing is, I'm a bit behind with my revision timetable - anyone got tips on how to catch up? Shall I juggle with the timetable a bit and budge everything up, or do extra work for a couple days in order to catch up?

Thanks x
Reply 177
Monday :redface:

I kept on top throughout the year though. I also was doing Maths before Monday but that's because I am doing it over a year not 2 years :biggrin:

When did you start? :smile:

Started properly on Monday, but I've done past papers and a few notes before. :smile:
Original post by Jatz07
I'm doing GCSE's :work: How many hours do you think I should do? I'm planning to do 13 hrs each day - I have 13 exams by the way. Thanks in advance. Jatz

I think that is way too much! You will just stress yourself out. You should leave enough time for things like sleeping, eating properly and excercise. They will all help you perform better in your exasm, not just continous revision!!
Started properly on Monday, but I've done past papers and a few notes before. :smile:

I see :smile:

Today I will be finished all my notes on the topics I struggle with which means from tomorrow onwards I will just be aiming to do as many past papers as possible for all my subjects..

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending