The Student Room Group

Cass, Bath or Durham?

Got an offer on the Msc investment management at Cass. Just wondering how this compares to the master in finance courses at Bath and Durham.
Reply 1
I studied Business Management in London and if you haven't studied there already then you will learn of the exciting industries surrounding the 'City' and Canary Wharf.

Hedge Funds, Commodity Trading Houses, Mayfair, Private Banks, the Bank of England, London School of Economics, London Stock Exchange, the Financial Times, the City A.M. (Newspaper), the Institute of Economic Affairs (and various goings on in Westminster), it's all in London.

I'd highly recommend going to the public lectures at the LSE and Cass also have some at times too.

Durham and Bath are beautiful cities, but the industry is in the City.

Cass Business School is highly regarded too, for it's professionally aimed programmes, where elsewhere it is more academic.

The M.Sc.'s in Energy and Shipping, Trade & Finance are unique in the UK and prove my point above.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
Thanks for your reply. :smile:
I already accepted an offer at Cass for the Msc Investment Management. I believe the syllabus is great and am aware that it is in the city and allows for networking.
Another question I have is whether banks recruit on campus or specifically target Cass? Im really keen on knowing this!

The reason why im thinking about bath and durham is that i have often heard that they are well targeted and have high graduate prospectives. In addition their tuition fees are not as much as Cass.

I would be thankful for any response!
Reply 3
I'm doing an MSC in economics and International development and chose bath over city university. As the guy above perfectly said its all about how you want your studies to be like, whether you are thinking solely about the contacts and future or you want to live a University life. Personally I chose bath because of its city and life on campus. Durham is also very good but its the atmosphere and weather. Coming back to comparing the degrees, i wouldn't go as far as saying that they are massively different, it comes down to what exposure you want to have.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by aroll
Thanks for your reply. :smile:
I already accepted an offer at Cass for the Msc Investment Management. I believe the syllabus is great and am aware that it is in the city and allows for networking.
Another question I have is whether banks recruit on campus or specifically target Cass? Im really keen on knowing this!

The reason why im thinking about bath and durham is that i have often heard that they are well targeted and have high graduate prospectives. In addition their tuition fees are not as much as Cass.

I would be thankful for any response!

Great choice... Cass is really good!! yes, they do this. Some of my friends who are doing their masters at cass told me that they have a lot of career fairs.. On the other hand, I am at LSE, we had only one. Cass gives you the chance to be prepared for the real business world. good luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending